Notices

The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 2

Old 07-18-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Thanks, Jen!
If I can give the ones away, I truly don't need,
this might work. In other words, I .... can't part with them yet.

LB; from a fluids/dynamics/physics engineer,
it is perfectly normal to have water evaporate
from your fountain, especially with this heat; so--------
1) Throw in all your silver coins you can find.
If you can't find any, throw in every other coins lying
around. I will be there; obviously in the wee hours to check;
so I do not wake anyone.
2) If this fails, pee into the fountain at night to add water.
(sorry folks), but it's true.
3) Fill the fountain with lemon-lime jello.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
I think part of the problem is that I don't TRULY want to quit. Part of me does and when I look at the money wasted and future possible health problems I know I should quit but part of me says don't worry about it. I guess it's the nicotine AV.
Yeah, that was a problem for me as well. I knew I was spending a lot on it, and that the reason I couldn't walk upstairs without breathing heavily was because of the smoking. It took my wife getting pregnant with our first child to finally motivate me to quit. I wanted to be around when he grew up, and at the rate I was going with smoking, that wasn't going to happen.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Brain, if you stopped buying ice cream there might be an economic crisis for the dairies up there!

Sao....us girls have been putting fashion before comfort for centuries so we know exactly what you mean! And a white linen suit sounds very southern. Makes me think of Miami Vice for some reason...
Or Colonel Sanders.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
Thanks, Jen!
If I can give the ones away, I truly don't need,
this might work. In other words, I .... can't part with them yet.
I practically gave mine away, Lunar.

Will probably have to give the rest away that don't have barcodes and weren't acceptable.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your brother in law, marty.
well, I took the day off from work and I must say that I'm quite bored. That sounds really dumb, I know. Maybe I should have planned something. I can't go swimming cause of a cut on my leg. Just did some errands. Now I intend to spend the afternoon reading. It's what I dream of when I'm at work. ...so I'm going to try to enjoy the restful afternoon, and be grateful, not bored.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Marty, I'm sorry to hear about Todd. That's very sad and scary. Is this your son's uncle?

White linen suit. Very refreshing in hot weather. You're a brave man Sao. I avoid white if at all possible for fear of coffee spillage.

Brain's little cauliflower "brain" is cute. Are they really that delicate Brain? I was also going to say that if you don't like the green, wait a season. It'll get beaten up with the weather and mellow out. Sun, rain, snow and ice take their toll.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

So, went for a 4 mile run over the lunch hour today--taking advantage of the relatively low temps and humidity before the heat rolls in later this week. This is my first real exercise in over three weeks, as I've been dealing with the sinus infection/early recovery/bell's Palsey trifecta. I suffered. Greatly. But, on the flip side, the post-run endorphins have kicked in, and for once they aren't being cancelled out by a hangover from last night.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your losses, Marty and Mesa.

Le double sigh on the fragile existence... we are so lucky here we finally got an inkling of how fragile it is and we are saving our own lives through sobriety.

I won't drink, Brainy. Thank you for the order. Makes it official.

I just got back from the dentist where I was told not many people do all I do to keep up their dental hygiene and that I should be very proud of myself.

Adulting? I GOT THIS!

Sao, you in white linen sounds dreamy! I wear a Hanes boys white v-neck every day and most all of them have a coffee memory somewhere on the boobage or thereabouts. I guess our clothes get thirsty, too
Old 07-18-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Yes, Ruby, my son's uncle. Probably his favorite of my ex's 3 brothers. I was going to rush right home when I heard to make sure he's ok, but my ex is on vacation this week so he's at my house with him and say's hes doing ok.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss Marty.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Username, how are the Bells symptoms?

I just wanted to chime in on the quitting smoking. When I quit it was for a minor reason (minor compared to health reasons, that is). I couldn't stand the smell on my clothes and hair anymore! I was tired of trying to hide it at work, too. I never worried about the health risks. Weird. Anyway, when your ready you'll quit no matter what the reason is. It's been over two years for me and I never even think about smoking. Even when I see people smoking my only thought is thank God I quit!

Yay Melina! You're such a grown up these days! I'm all about oral hygiene, too!

Marty, glad you're son is alright and that he's with his dad.
xo
Old 07-18-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Back to work for me! Have fun y'all!
Old 07-18-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

For some reason, I have a mental image of Don Johnston walking the sultry streets of London holding a cauliflower. Maybe I should approach Netflix?

I vape SUID. It has kept me away from the smokes for a few years now. I started smoking at 14 years of age. I did not want to quit either. If ye can't quit, damage limitation.

B
Old 07-18-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

@brynn, there's a little bit of improvement, thanks for asking. I can now close my right eye without also having to close my left eye. On the flip side, since I went off the prednisone the pain in my jaw has gotten worse again, to the point where chewing is difficult. The doctor says that it probably feels weird because of the nerve damage, but I'm not so sure--to me it feels inflamed (which would explain why the prednisone helped). I have a referral to a neurologist just to check things out and make sure there's nothing else going on.

In the great scheme of things it really isn't that big of a deal, but it is hard to ignore seeing as how half of my face doesn't respond to my brain! My wife is sick of hearing me talk about it.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Sorry for your losses MesaMan and Marty.

Things are kicking off at work. Another collegue said to me today "I'm sorry to hear that you are switching consultants because of Jane. I know for a fact that your current consultant likes you and he is very impressed with your work". So Jane arrived up to me later and asked if I had any free slots in Wednesday's clinic because she wanted to slip in a patient. I got out my diary and said I don't think so. I've all the letters posted. She was looking at my diary and said "what's with all the scribbles Tetra?" I just smiled and told her that I had booked in some patients who then phoned me and said they couldn't make it so I found replacements. When she left the other one said "cheek of her to be commenting on the diary. Do NOT let her bully you. You did a huge amount of work last week. No one here works that hard"....blah blah blah.

I don’t know. I was never good at "office politics". I prefer to just keep my head down and get on with the work.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry to hear about Todd Marty, very disconcerting
Old 07-18-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Brynn...that was my main motivation for quitting also. The smell and having no place but home where I could smoke. It got to be a big pain. It was hard, but I'm glad I did it. It was really controlling me.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Username7775 View Post
Or Colonel Sanders.
Or Alec Guinness
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160718_211908.jpg (31.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 07-18-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Guy friend sure knows how to shut down things between you and handyman. . .
You are being manipulated Marty. . .
I agree marty- he's manipulating you.
Last time you ended it with handyman he didn't do anything to try and be your man.
He was just glad he got his way and it was over
Old 07-18-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I do have to be careful about coffee, food and general grime, I work in an office but am in the workshops regularly. I actually walked to work this morning so no chance of it getting dirty on the tube.

HaF I always think I am wasting days off by having nothing planned but they are often the most enjoyable

Tetra don't let one dragon make your working day a pain. It sounds like everyone knows you work hard and are good at your job

I quit smoking when the former Mrs Saoutchik got up the stick for the first time. She quit that day but it took me a few failed attempts - i had to stop drinking, which annoying but I wasn't an alcoholic then but age 27 it was hard to curtail my social life. Money was also a factor