The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 2

Old 07-16-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ooohhhhh. Good to know Ven
Old 07-16-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Glad it went well Marty!

Feeling emotionally blah today so sticking close to home; my safe space. Lots of great books surrounding me; just need to find the energy to read. Entertaining the though of running out to get ice cream thanks to that fabulous picture!
What kind of books? I'm reading a trashy true crime novel right now haha
But I do have some books of substance lined up for this summer at least!
( that's what I tell myself anyway)
Old 07-16-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Jen, yeah, Leo.

I'm listening to Alexa the Amazon Echo robot girl read one of my Kindle books. Hmm. Not totally impressed.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey Troopz ~

Welp, I be outta the Mountains Helen Gone outside Aspen. That kewlio Campground was down off an old RR Grade that carried Coal and Lumber through an amazing Tunnel built back in the 1880s. Hard Rock fo sho. Did what LBrain guessed the other Day, and scared some Fish. Did a lil Catch & Release before Sunrise today, and hit the Road. After a 1/2 Day Trek today, I wound up here just shy of 11,000' at the end of the proverbial Road. I'm about 6,000' above the Valley below. ~30' away is this 'Thelma & Louise' drop at the foreground Rock edge, so I showed it MesaDog for him to learn. He's leashed around Camp anyway. We can safely walk for many Miles the other way down a good County Road. More good Fishing up here, too.

See this ancient Volcanic Bluff at Sunset tonight. Just a surreal spot. And, Line-of-Sight to the Cell Tower, and some TV Transmitters left of the right-most Tree.

After her Gal Palz head back to Denver tomorrow. MesaMate will drive up to meet me & MesaDog. He's snorting around, Lovin' Life.

I'm hopelessly behind on this Thread, so I'll read back a bit tomorrow.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh yay Marty! I'm so proud of you and I'm proud that we're classmates!

Just popping in to say night! My friend and I are making our way through The Outlander series and a mountain of junk food, although I did have a very healthy veggie dinner of tomatoes, squash, green beans and new potatoes so I'm even!

It's good to see you Mesa! lovely pic!

Night all
Xo
Old 07-16-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well I went downtown to watch the fireworks.....
I'm not sure I liked the experience AT ALL.

Its cold and raining which I don't mind- I grabbed a coffee and found a hill that overlooks the city.
I stood there in the rain, in the pitch black on the edge of the hill by myself looking at the city scape and watched the fireworks; all I could hear was rain and the boom of the explosions.

I started feeling really uncomfortable- thinking about the haunting and cruel beauty and tragedy of life.
Sometimes its too beautiful to take in ; as well as too tragic at the same time.
I really wanted to walk away and shake off that feeling; but I stayed there in the rain by myself in the dark and watched the duration of the fireworks and just accepted that feeling as best as I could.

I hate that feeling- the ocean makes me feel like that too- standing on a deserted beach along the shoreline; feeling the rush of the ocean.
A bleak landscape covered in snow makes me feel like that too- so does watching snowfall or rain in a street light on a cold and empty night.

This song makes me feel that way too-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8mb1ILIQvdM
Old 07-16-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Maybe I'll watch something upbeat.

Roanoke and I have been doing this thing- we both have empty journals that we write in each day.
Talking about anything- ideas, dreams, fears, random anecdotes from the day or interesting conversations we had- anything goes.
When the books are full we'll mail them to each other.
I suppose I should write about the fireworks but I just kinda want to forget it!

I'm gonna watch a murder show- that'll make me feel normal again haha

Night everyone xo
Old 07-17-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day everyone
Old 07-17-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning folks!

Yesterday was tough. Printing a photo today and framing them each for the people that were there yesterday. Yesterday could very well have been the last chance we would have had. I am grateful for the day. It was a stunner of a day too.

The kids love to jump in the water off the high ferry pier. You can see him in the middle of the image jumping in.

It's very common to see people creating sculpture from the rocks on the beach areas. This is the one I created. Some are very elaborate.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

sounds like a good day Ken, and a memory to keep

Js, thoughts like the ones you described should go into that journal - keep it real

the journal, as you describe, is to share you thoughts, your life, and your soul - it goes in the journal.

A thought just came over me. I think I am going to paint something today - like those steps I made out of scrap wood and some other things that need it.

The sun is Bright
The sky is blue
Think I'll paint some wood today
A task I need to do
Mesa Shave

A song inspired by MesaMan
not as good as the original, but not bad either

Have a great day... making sausage and pierogies for the wife, and SQUASH - lots of it, tomatoes are starting to ripen - look out! I noticed the blueberries need pickin too, still have a pint left from the other day... and I down a big handful every morning...

Marty - you da woMAN. And never think of it as 'public' speaking, you are just sharing a story with a bunch of friends.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning and have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 07-17-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday!
Old 07-17-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good to see you Mesa. Glad you're OK and enjoying yourself.

Weas, printing the pictures is a good idea. It sounds like a good day to treasure.

Jen, write it out. Sorry you were melancholy. It sometimes feels overwhelming. We keep going.

I'm heading to a meeting. See you all later.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Morning all. No hope of catching up on the thread since yesterday morning, but I hope all is well for everyone.

@MLD, glad to hear your speech went well. I'm sure you were an inspiration.

Yesterday went as planned for us. Finished putting my son's rom back together in the morning after painting, soccer tournament, and then picked my son up from scout camp in the afternoon. It was so good to see him! I really missed him a lot. He practically bowled me over with a hug in the parking lot.

Then just puttered about with some little tasks in the afternoon. Took the opportunity to help my son clean up his closet (a disaster), did some trim painting in the kitchen, made some fantastic BLT's for dinner, then it was popcorn and a movie with the kiddos.

Raining cats and dogs here this morning, plus thunder and lightning. My other daughter is supposed to play soccer today, and I just got an email reminding us that they DO play in the rain, and will only delay games if there's lightning. Ugh. It's going to be a soggy morning on the soccer field, I think.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

What a great day Username. Umbrella and coat. You'll be fine! Good luck.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good afternoon,

Well done Marty

Hang in there Soberclover

I have been on a 5 hour round trip to Northampton to look at a car. I did say I wouldn't do another "project" but I can't help myself sometimes. Buying this is probably out of the question until I sell the Lancia and besides the guy wants too much for it

£1 million prize to anyone who knows what it is (except Lunar who may work in the auto industry)

Answer in one hour
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160717_134334.jpg (42.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 07-17-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

finished my oats, blueberries and mixed in a lot of cantaloupe ...

great post 7775, sounds like you have very many reasons to never have another drink... appreciation of life, real life, cannot ever be replaced by the illusory thoughts we got while drinking... good stuff you got going on there...

glad to see the new faces again, everybody stay on top of your game today... never let your guard down...

a pic for Bodhi - taken last night as I was checking to see if the lights worked... still some arranging to do, but you are correct, the pictures don't really do it justice...

which reminds me, Weasel, did you get a pic of that rock 'sculpture' without the tele-pole in the background? A big pain with the wife, she'll take a photo with people walking into the frame ... I do my best to keep people and man made objects out of the photos I take... she on the other hand... long discussion...

off to work.............................................. .....................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
7.16b.JPG (94.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 07-17-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

a quick guess, an aston martin or a peugeot of some sort...

which reminds me, the song I posted yesterday was the number one song the day Kennedy was shot, inspired by something I watched the previous night...
Old 07-17-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing yesterday. This house has needed it for a long time, but once I took my morning drinks (a continuation from drinking every 45 minutes through the night because my body needed it) I didn't bother with much except FB.

The house finally looks great. Today, I have a few projects on hand. I was supposed to go to festival, but it looks like the rain will roll in soon enough.