SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394598-grand-old-weekender-july-15th-part-2-a.html)

Opivotal 07-16-2016 12:08 PM

The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 2

New Thread Continues From Here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-1-a-25.html

saoutchik 07-16-2016 12:12 PM

Shotgun!
Thanks Optival

saoutchik 07-16-2016 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol! Whatever happened to my anti firearms stance

Jsbodhi 07-16-2016 12:20 PM

That happened so fast! Haha
Nice work sao!

biminiblue 07-16-2016 12:21 PM

in

brynnie, the bird asked me to hang up this sign as he skeedaddled outta there!

http://netanimations.net/2_2_2_0_115448EXeRA3AP.gif

Mesa? Mesa, where are you?

I guess that sign goes for him, too. :wavey:

LBrain 07-16-2016 12:34 PM

part 2 already? guess I'll go back to make sure Bim posted her dance...

no dance - optival was all over it today... unless...

it really is not a good day to be working in the sun...
I got tired of the same old stuff on the classic rock radio station - it's like an 8-track tape - some of you know what they are...
I grabbed a CD and spent an evening with the chieftons this afternoon... :) now cooling off inside...

biminiblue 07-16-2016 12:43 PM

nah, I was gone and just happened to log back on as the thread was rolled, LB.

Pandora for the win on radio-ish stuff. I play it on my ROKU all day. No commercials...well, one every three hours or so. Plus I get to choose my genre/artists. Free. I guess Spotify is better/the same? I like Pandora and I know how to work it, so it's all good.

:bigok:

Ruby2 07-16-2016 12:46 PM

São, in never let my kids ride in the front seat for that very reason. They fiddle with every knob and dial.

I'm debating on going to the baseball game tonight. May be a good distraction. Or just send son off with my parents.

Trees39 07-16-2016 12:52 PM

Sunday morning, it's a little cold so I put the fire on and hoped back into bed with my tea.
I can hear it crackling from bed!
Strikes me as very luxurious living for some reason.

LBrain 07-16-2016 12:52 PM

my phone doesn't stay charged long enough to make a call... nothing fancy for me...
but if anyone wants to here some good music, open this in another window and kick back...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5sUpOE5ng

LBrain 07-16-2016 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Trees39 (Post 6047622)
Sunday morning, it's a little cold so I put the fire on and hoped back into bed with my tea.
I can hear it crackling from bed!
Strikes me as very luxurious living for some reason.

thanks for reminding me -- gotta drain the fountain and disassemble it to put in the remote control device... the water will be put on flowers...
then I can sit back and listen to the trickle of the water...

and yes, I was wondering where Mecanix was lately...

yo Mex, out there?
Mesa is out scaring fish...

he prolly has one of these shirts

MLD51 07-16-2016 01:00 PM

I'm in. In a rush to get packed for my little get-away with handyman and showered up. I hope the hotel has a hot tub, and that it's not full of kids. I'll need it tonight.

Behan 07-16-2016 01:00 PM

Evening gang!

Part 2 already? Well done!! Will try to catch up. Congrats on shotgun Sao. With this power comes great responsibility.

A traditional fare of spaghetti and meatballs for dinner washed down with lashings of ginger beer. Awaiting for junior to settle for the night so we can binge watch more Irish gangster drama.

Congratualtions to Galway for winning city of culture 2020. Well deserved, the city is teeming with creative talent.

Went for a lovely forest walk today with junior all snuggled in his wrap.

I'm feeling good friends. Grateful for my family and our health.

B

Soberwolf 07-16-2016 01:01 PM

Thanks Op

Evening all its been an eventful day my new Microsoft phone arrived after my last phone went kaput after only two months well this phone breaks that record by a mile something about the sd card and we have tried everything even asked cortana (don't ask lol)

Going to be third time lucky when I return this for a new phone .. what are the odds on getting 2 phones that break in no time

Anyway it's humid it's warm I'm ok and I hope your ok too

LBrain 07-16-2016 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 6047633)
I'm in. In a rush to get packed for my little get-away with handyman and showered up. I hope the hotel has a hot tub, and that it's not full of kids. I'll need it tonight.

how'd it go? or is it later?

Behan - you are living the dream my man! Awesome.

brynn 07-16-2016 01:21 PM

Ruby....I say go to the ball game and pig out on hot dogs and Cotten candy!

I hate when the last few Junior Mints get stuck to the inside of the box...such a bummer!

Break a leg, Marty!! :hug:

I've been playing chauffer today which is fine since I had no real plans today. I used to be very content with long stretches of alone time, but not so much anymore. I'm kinda getting back my social butterfly wings, only this time I'm happy and content with myself and not looking for affirmation from others. I feel very mature these days lol!!
Xo

Behan 07-16-2016 01:28 PM

Thanks LB!

I just did a quick catch up. The only thing I remember is that Melina is now a professional wrestler. I did not see that coming.

Best of luck with speech MLD!

I hope today goes well with your two friends K.

Ahoy Mex! I hope you are keeping well.

And John Mesaman Steinbeck - we await your next exciting post.

Greetings everyone else!!!

B

saoutchik 07-16-2016 01:34 PM

Nice Behan and congratulations to Galway

I reckon in about 10 years time I might go for the Gandalf/Saruman look

I hope you have a good time Marty

Good to hear the Chieftains LB

I am watching a programme about the grand prix of the 1930s. Classical music lovers sometimes talk about the guilt of listening to the beautiful music of Wagner. I am the same when I see those gorgeous Mercedes and Auto Unions putting out 650 brake horsepower - more than Formula 1 cars until the mid 1980's. I feel guilty for admiring them

saoutchik 07-16-2016 01:56 PM

Since I jumped in and grabbed shotgun I better post some music

Upward2Enlightenment 07-16-2016 02:06 PM

Count me in