Notices

The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 2

Old 07-18-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Had to come to show you the new addition to the family. It's been quite worrisome over the past few months but he made it. Born 7/18/2016 @ 0710 Eastern Daylight Savings time, 6 inches and 1lb 4 oz. We decided to name him Carl.

say hello to Carl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
carl.JPG (65.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 07-18-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Not easy to deliver a califlower baby in the heat

Well done Brain!
Old 07-18-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hello Carli-Flower
Old 07-18-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Aww, what a cutie! Hi Carl and congrats Brain!

Happy Monday rogues!
xo
Old 07-18-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Morning, folks. Off to the doctor this AM and then a busy day of work (I sound like a broken record). Sober and ready to go on a Monday morning is still a novel experience for me!
Old 07-18-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Might reach 30C today (currently 29C) that's about 86 in F's I did sit outside to eat lunch but was bothered by flying ants.

Nice caully LB. At school we were sometimes given cauliflower cheese for lunch - it was revolting and put me off cauliflower for about 10 years afterwards but I love it now

Saoutchik Towers is agog with news that we are in for a Council Tax revue - called a revue like our Council Tax could go up or down but I have never heard of anywhere going downwards
Old 07-18-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning folks. I don't want to be at work today.

Guy friend texted me several times Saturday that he loves me. Hmmm... I told him that if he had ever said that before now, that things might have turned out differently. He says he gets it. And that he understands why I decided to move on. It's hard for me to have that conversation. I invested years into this man. And I can't just turn off how I felt. And here I am, trying to start something new. It puts a damper on that. I enjoyed spending time with Handyman over the weekend, but I was relieved to be alone again when it was over. I need more space than I got. I'm going to have to lay down some boundaries with him before I get overwhelmed.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
Hello Carli-Flower
lunar you poop, you beat me to it!

GMTA!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Carl congratulations L
Old 07-18-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Good morning folks. I don't want to be at work today.

Guy friend texted me several times Saturday that he loves me. Hmmm... I told him that if he had ever said that before now, that things might have turned out differently. He says he gets it. And that he understands why I decided to move on. It's hard for me to have that conversation. I invested years into this man. And I can't just turn off how I felt. And here I am, trying to start something new. It puts a damper on that. I enjoyed spending time with Handyman over the weekend, but I was relieved to be alone again when it was over. I need more space than I got. I'm going to have to lay down some boundaries with him before I get overwhelmed.
Guy friend sure knows how to shut down things between you and handyman. . .
You are being manipulated Marty. . .
Old 07-18-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Marty)) You're so right...best to have firm boundaries from the beginning. It's easier to loosen them up down the line than implement them after the fact. I'm really sorry that guy friend is revealing his feelings now. I can only imagine how hard it is to hear it all.

Y'all, I found a new frozen fruit and veggie pop with cauliflower in it! I'll let you know how it is! And Sao...I've had cheese cauliflower and it was gross! Or maybe the cauliflower was just soggy but either way totally unappetizing! Blah!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Carliflower is so cute, Brainy!

Ruby, what everybody said. My heart goes out to you. You deserve peace and happiness. We'll be here as you navigate...

Good morning, all! I really liked catching up with y'all!

Today is the third anniversary of my Mother's passing. Grief is not a straight line, ya know? She begged me to quit drinking before she died. I drank heavier for a while, bc I didn't want to chance feeling anything.

I finally quit, and who knows what I was feeling... I was jangled and raw and exhausted the whole 8.5 months pretty much.

Drank three times in February, got back on the horse for almost four months.

Started playing with drinking again, drank about ten occasions, stopped last week.

I thought I was going to have to go to rehab a couple weeks ago. For the first time I thought I was going to have to be physically removed from alcohol in order to stop.

Reading my Mom's obituary that popped up on my fb memories, thinking about her, how she couldn't ever quit drinking and smoking... Thinking of how she begged me to quit drinking....

I feel really good. Tender and weepy but good.

No need to drink. This life is a gift.

We asked my Mom what she would say to the living, what advice would she give to those of us who are staying here as she transitioned to heaven...

"KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND GO BE THAT"

My Mom was a cool lady. I miss her.

Xoxo
Old 07-18-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

(((Marty))) If guy friend wouldn't tell you how he felt when you were together I see it being worse if you stayed with him. Communication is so important in a relationship. I agree that you should set boundaries now with handiman, you need to put your comfort first.

Well, I should have tried to push through but I'm back smoking.

Have a great day all.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

SUID, perhaps not surprisingly, I was only successful in quitting smoking (It has been 11 years!) when I joined an online forum. I pretty much took a week "off" from work and stayed on the forum 24-7. I associated EVERYTHING with smoking, so it was so hard to get away from it.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I think part of the problem is that I don't TRULY want to quit. Part of me does and when I look at the money wasted and future possible health problems I know I should quit but part of me says don't worry about it. I guess it's the nicotine AV.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

I'm smoking as I type here so I know the struggle SUID. It's hard to want to want to quit for me. I know I need to.

Marty, guy friend would never admit to it if you confronted him but he is manipulating you. He's strung you along for a very long time, telling you he could not be involved in s relationship with you. He knew how you felt about him and what you wanted and he withheld his feelings. Only now when he sees that there is a very reasonable and real chance that you have found someone to complement your life, is he speaking up. I'm speaking now as someone who sees and knows the emotional manipulation. I've learned from Mr. Ruby how to recognize it. Guy friend may very well think he feels that way. He probably does love you but actions speak far louder than words. There was no meaningful action there. Take care of yourself.

Melina, hugs. A sad day but also hopeful because your mother gave you so much.

Hot here. Only going to get worse this week. São, good luck with the tax meeting. That doesn't sound promising
Old 07-18-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I'm smoking as I type here so I know the struggle SUID. It's hard to want to want to quit for me. I know I need to.

Marty, guy friend would never admit to it if you confronted him but he is manipulating you. He's strung you along for a very long time, telling you he could not be involved in s relationship with you. He knew how you felt about him and what you wanted and he withheld his feelings. Only now when he sees that there is a very reasonable and real chance that you have found someone to complement your life, is he speaking up. I'm speaking now as someone who sees and knows the emotional manipulation. I've learned from Mr. Ruby how to recognize it. Guy friend may very well think he feels that way. He probably does love you but actions speak far louder than words. There was no meaningful action there. Take care of yourself.

Melina, hugs. A sad day but also hopeful because your mother gave you so much.

Hot here. Only going to get worse this week. São, good luck with the tax meeting. That doesn't sound promising
You put that very well, Ruby. I needed to hear that.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I forgot how much I don't like painting until yesterday when I did those steps, and again today... it's already 94 here and I hurried to get some things done cause of forecast storms soon...

the guys finally came and filled in the hole out front -- I thought they had more work to do in the hole or I would have filled it for them...
I told them to stop, I'm gonna take the good topsoil they filled it with and replace it with the pile of clay I have next to house....
so....................... I told the lady at the paint counter it's either gonna look awesome, or look like hell... it needs a second coat, but I'll give a few days first...
Attached Images
7.18 green.a.JPG (94.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 07-18-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Haha! Thanks for the song brain!!! Xoxo
Old 07-18-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

well, the queen got up as I posted the last pic,

"I don't hate it, but I don't like it either."

I was kinda worried about that. To be so proud as she just sits there looking at it beaming with pride, now this.
Once the pea gravel is down the 'ponderosa green' will take on a different look. But I have enough of the solid cedar to fix it if it comes to that... I just didn't want everything to be 'brown'
Attached Images
7.18green.b.JPG (92.4 KB, 29 views)