Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 05-24-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
For anyone struggling right now, trust me - it's not worth it!!!!

Have the shakes so bad right now...can hardly write
Don't be sorry to us. You've had a hard time. Stay safe through that AWFUL phase. I'll be thinking of you. Pm me if you need to xxx
Old 05-24-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Don't be sorry to us. You've had a hard time. Stay safe through that AWFUL phase. I'll be thinking of you. Pm me if you need to xxx
Thank u, friend
Old 05-24-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm with joandme,
I'm just glad you sticking with us .

Whiteturtle I sure don't feel strong. A guy from our church brought us an old washer Saturday. I had kids, wife at moms resting ( 2 boys wear her out), he talked to me a bit about times in a man life when the best christian he could be is to just not talk or try to talk, just do and let actions do any talking she wanted to hear. Made a lot of sense to me. I can't drone over loss and depression and all the games that brings with it. I literally have to think all day long, getting on treadmill or eating low carb to lose weight or something. My mind turns on me in a second, like an AV, I guess my own "demons". I feel like a bad husband and I've earned a good bit of it, hands down.
At least I think her thyroid medicine is starting to work.
I've taken WAY too much for granted over 11 yrs of marriage.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Never mind country girl. Glad your came back so quick. I hear you about the spouse thing my Mrs is drinking as we speak. But I'm just trying to ignore her. She knows not to offer me anymore.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Checking in for the evening, how is everyone?? rather a successful day overall. No cravings or trigger points all day! I am cream crackerd now though after baby sitting all day, where do kids get their energy from nowadays! A nice dinner , mug of coffee and bed for me
Old 05-24-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Not doing well here. Did anyone miss me? I got overwhelmed with my problems and ruined over two solid weeks of sobriety. I have my dentist issues which are currently filling me with nightmares. My daughter is doing well in rehab as far as I can tell with her limited phone calls. It sounds like a picnic there compared to what I'm going through. My ex has been calling me a lot. He sounds lonely. My house needs work and I'm trying to hire people to fix it who never show up. I've got a new doctor but I can't get in to see heryet. I called what passes for a rehab facility here and they were less than helpful. No one takes my insurance. This country sucks for health insurance. I wish my ancestors had stayed where they were.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by James90 View Post
Checking in for the evening, how is everyone?? rather a successful day overall. No cravings or trigger points all day! I am cream crackerd now though after baby sitting all day, where do kids get their energy from nowadays! A nice dinner , mug of coffee and bed for me
Cream crackered lol. Does that mean you're from the UK? My girls have me cream crackered every day.....but they deserve my 100% energy so I do it for them. Peppermint tea and bed for me. Night James!
Old 05-24-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Cream crackered lol. Does that mean you're from the UK? My girls have me cream crackered every day.....but they deserve my 100% energy so I do it for them. Peppermint tea and bed for me. Night James!
Yea, south east England. I didn't really think when I wrote it, glad you understood lol.

Oh my bad, just seen your from Hudders. Dartford myself, nice to have someone from this side of the pond on here.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

What's cream crackered?
I'm kinda hillbilly I guess. SE USA .Poor mans Oreos are peanut butter on saltines ( not anymore- low carb or type II diabetes for me ) lol !

LW !!!
I'm SO DISAPPOINTED in you ........
........ I'm lying of course. I'm really sorry things have been hard for you. I'm glad you're sticking back with us. We are in this together, bumps and bruises , shared by all. (( hugs))
Old 05-24-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
What's cream crackered?
I'm kinda hillbilly I guess. SE USA .Poor mans Oreos are peanut butter on saltines ( not anymore- low carb or type II diabetes for me ) lol !

LW !!!
I'm SO DISAPPOINTED in you ........
........ I'm lying of course. I'm really sorry things have been hard for you. I'm glad you're sticking back with us. We are in this together, bumps and bruises , shared by all. (( hugs))

Cream crackerd is our slang for knackered.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by James90 View Post
Cream crackerd is our slang for knackered.
Good deal.
I'm that today ! Lol about off work though.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Wombat! I have most definitely missed you here at Mayfly Central, but didn't want to cry out for you publicly. I'm sorry things are sucking so hard; please don't be a stranger, you know how we worry so about our own...

CountryGal--you came back immediately, that's huge! So glad you didn't disappear into the drink; I've done that myself too many times...

All's well in northern Michigan, except we sort of skipped Spring and went straight to 85 degrees this week. I'm just too fluffy for those kind of temps with high humidity...

Wishing everyone a sober Wednesday,
Arp
Old 05-24-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sorry about the tough times u guys r going thru, countrygal and LW but glad ur not giving up.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
Not doing well here. Did anyone miss me? I got overwhelmed with my problems and ruined over two solid weeks of sobriety. I have my dentist issues which are currently filling me with nightmares. My daughter is doing well in rehab as far as I can tell with her limited phone calls. It sounds like a picnic there compared to what I'm going through. My ex has been calling me a lot. He sounds lonely. My house needs work and I'm trying to hire people to fix it who never show up. I've got a new doctor but I can't get in to see heryet. I called what passes for a rehab facility here and they were less than helpful. No one takes my insurance. This country sucks for health insurance. I wish my ancestors had stayed where they were.
Was wondering how you were doing...glad you are back and posting. Last I remember we were discussing your desire to defrost something to cook and feed to your nonexistent dog. I thought maybe you had gone out to get the dog and were preoccupied doing that. Welcome back
Old 05-24-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you LonelyWombat

D
Old 05-24-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Well, embarrassed to admit it, but back on day one (again)

It's so hard battling this with a spouse who still drinks!!!
Glad you are back so soon and had a momentary hiccup vs something more permanent. I am in the same boat with a spouse that still drinks but have set boundaries and are on the same page.
Luckily my spouse is not an alcoholic and can just have a couple on the weekends and be content. Good luck and hope you have a plan to deal with the next time you find yourself in that situation.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Wrapping up day 1

Thanks everyone for all the support!!! Nice to have others who know what you're going theough
Old 05-24-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
Hi there Lonelywombat! Been thinking about you! Glad you're back with us!
Old 05-24-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good work to all who have come back to post today. You've got this Countrygal and wombat. For everyone who is having a hard time, I will definitely be keeping y'all in my thoughts.
It has been hard doing this with a spouse that still drinks. I totally get it. For us, he can handle his booze, but I cannot. I have spent a lot of time journaling my thoughts on this and it has helped me have some peace regarding our individual drinking habits. It's still tough when it's in the house, but I've been able to cope with the help of exploring my thoughts and posting with you all. SR really has helped. Thank you all so much!!!
Closing out 19 days, the farthest I've ever gotten. 👌😚
Old 05-24-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Wrapping up day 1

Thanks everyone for all the support!!! Nice to have others who know what you're going theough
Right with you , closing out day 2.
Hugs to us