Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 05-24-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 147 for me, last night was a weird one but got through it with coffee and will power. Much more positive today and the sun is shining, off to take my 3 year old cousin to the park . Have a good day all, I will check in this evening.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Just checking in. I woke up really early, but sober sleep rocks so feel good so far. I had my coffee and read some from Triumphs of Experience which details a long running study on people's lives. Interesting, but no surprise, that alcoholism tends to be one of the most important factors in whether people have happy, satisfying lives or not.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Morning. Another wonderful sober day, day 26. Heading into work feeling good and ready to accomplish some things. Have a good one everybody.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Also just checking in over my morning coffee, also pleased with how good real sleep feels, wishing the best for all of you for the next 24...Dee: love the new neighborhood! Lots of wide open space for growth and expansion!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Was woken very early this evening with the call that my great niece Hannah Rose was born at 12:35am. Came a few days early then her planned C-section. It felt so good to be able to:
1. Actually hear the call, and not be passed out cold.
2. Answer the call without slurring my words.
3. SOBER to drive to help out with the other kiddos while Mom recovers.

What a great feeling and a way to start the day! Sure I will need to nap later but oh so worth it!
Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy tuesday all! Starting day 19 today, and feeling much better than I felt yesterday. Looking forward to being more positive and get all the crap done that I decided not to do yesterday. Body hurts in a good way this morning, and getting to go to the gym again tonight. Hitting the gym and being fully hydrated and of sound mind has made a huge difference in my performance. Yesterday's workout felt amazing. Okay, off I go into the office. I hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I know I'm really late to the party but I thought I'd join. Have not read the thread so I'm way behind here. Been sober 21 days.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone - day 9 of clear-headedness for me
Old 05-24-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Fricka

D
Old 05-24-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, just checking in. Glad to hear of so many of us being grateful for feeling refreshed and ready for the day! Enjoy!

Blue
Day 5
Old 05-24-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Morning of Day 24 here...hope everyone is enjoying a nice Tuesday SOBER!! Welcome to everyone new...glad you're on board with the May 2016 class.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Eagle you're doing so good !

Welcome Fricka
Old 05-24-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone! Welcome, Fricka! I'm so happy to hear everyone so positive and excited about the sober day!

Starting Day 3. I slept way too much again...about 15 hours, with a couple awake hours in between. :/ I wish I had the mental/physical energy to get all of the things I need to do done, but it's all so daunting, and feels even more so without alcohol to lean on. I just keep envisioning that it's poison being poured into my body and through my system, helping nothing else but my mental state. I have to figure out ways to deal with my depression and anxiety without the wine, which in and of itself is daunting. :p

I slept 15 hours, but feel like I'm dreading work tonight. Yesterday felt great, getting up early and getting out of work early. The thought of working until 8pm tonight just does not sound good. I love my job so much, too. I'm disheartened that I feel the same lack of energy so far off of alcohol as I did on it. Does that get any better over time??
Old 05-24-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hauling dirt today. Nursing homes called 3-4 times already today. Set up a dentist consultation, separate transport 3 times already. Mom She wants some, but not all (?) teeth pulled. 80yrs old bipolar, dentist, Parkinson's, mini stroke, that sort of debilitating. Super crazy.
Brother is on hospice but not immediate. He's still got booze to drink and pills to slam before he's done. Been saying he'd be gone in a week for about 3-4 yrs. He's 59.
Wife is not as bad as she's been feeling. She just told me last night she's just not happy, but there's nothing I can do about it. She still stays at her mothers 3 days a week. Nothing can be done I guess. She's not talking so sometimes I guess you're just in limbo. That's all the gripe I can do today. That's same crap that's there every day. All I can change is me. Sober today.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
That's all the gripe I can do today. That's same crap that's there every day. All I can change is me. Sober today.
JL, I got teary-eyed reading the end of your post. You are so strong. Amazing, thank you for reminding me that we just have to keep going, and we can make the choice to do so sober.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Enjoying a quiet tea time with my youngest she is a lot more content now. Lovely to have a bit of time together without any stress.
Got a couple of big things coming up. A dear colleague and friend left work today and its her leaving party on Friday night. I have already said I'll drive. They know I'm on the wagon but I've said it's due to my depression and my medication not working properly. A little white lie to get through the awkwardness is okay in my books. I will literally be the only sober one there but Nicola is a friend and I want to go. It's a meal so at least I'll have some nice food! Not going to cave on my sobriety for this. I am (or was!) more of an at home drinker so it should be okay.
The other one is my week off next week. Half term hols here in the UK. This will be much more of a challenge. I asked the girls what they wanted to do in terms of days out and we have a few plans. I can't spend a lot of money as I've just had a new kitchen put in (hence all the painting) but I am determined to make it a nice week. My youngest has been nattering about Chester Zoo for months so that is a must. Plus my eldest wants to take me clothes shopping. Apparently I need new clothes! Those plus whatever we can fit in weather dependent.
It will be a big achievement if I manage my week off but I'm still working on 1 day at a time. Just putting it out there to be accountable in advance.
I hope everyone is doing well. I am still struggling with anxiety but the fierceness of it is lessening. Being on SR is a lifeline for me. No matter how we feel or even if we slip or relapse there is so much kindness and I thank you all for that.
Take care all
Old 05-24-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi everyone. Enjoying a quiet tea time with my youngest she is a lot more content now. Lovely to have a bit of time together without any stress.
Got a couple of big things coming up. A dear colleague and friend left work today and its her leaving party on Friday night. I have already said I'll drive. They know I'm on the wagon but I've said it's due to my depression and my medication not working properly. A little white lie to get through the awkwardness is okay in my books. I will literally be the only sober one there but Nicola is a friend and I want to go. It's a meal so at least I'll have some nice food! Not going to cave on my sobriety for this. I am (or was!) more of an at home drinker so it should be okay.
The other one is my week off next week. Half term hols here in the UK. This will be much more of a challenge. I asked the girls what they wanted to do in terms of days out and we have a few plans. I can't spend a lot of money as I've just had a new kitchen put in (hence all the painting) but I am determined to make it a nice week. My youngest has been nattering about Chester Zoo for months so that is a must. Plus my eldest wants to take me clothes shopping. Apparently I need new clothes! Those plus whatever we can fit in weather dependent.
It will be a big achievement if I manage my week off but I'm still working on 1 day at a time. Just putting it out there to be accountable in advance.
I hope everyone is doing well. I am still struggling with anxiety but the fierceness of it is lessening. Being on SR is a lifeline for me. No matter how we feel or even if we slip or relapse there is so much kindness and I thank you all for that.
Take care all
Thanks for this - luv the support on SR!
Old 05-24-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Thanks for this - luv the support on SR!
Me too Countrygal !!!!
Old 05-24-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Well, embarrassed to admit it, but back on day one (again)

It's so hard battling this with a spouse who still drinks!!!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

For anyone struggling right now, trust me - it's not worth it!!!!

Have the shakes so bad right now...can hardly write