Old 11-17-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
no weirder than me or you.
True!
Old 11-17-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I was going to post a detailed post about my little health situation. Decided not to. I'm ok. It'll be ok. Nough said!
If you change your mind...I'm listening. Hope all is well on that front.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Keep it up Frick! Weird about the chip....
Old 11-21-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

96 days. Things are good. Organized the house yesterday, moved the living room furniture around. I've been doing so many crafting things....looked like a four year old had a nervous breakdown in my living room. So I stashed all the yarn, needles, sharpies, coloring books etc etc and it looks much better.

Kiddo has the week off. She's snoozing away upstairs with one of her buddies. We'll be doing fun stuff together this week. Going out to dinner for Thanksgiving so no cooking or clean up. Gotta like that. I miss the big thanksgiving dinners I used to have with family. Oh well. Those days are gone.

I see so many posts about how being sober is so boring. Ya know, it really kind of is. For the last 96 days I've been doing pretty much the exact same things. But I know this is exactly as it should be right now. Normalcy, predictability, sanity. And I'm at peace. House it clean, dogs are happy, kid is doing great, I'm in good shape, bills are paid. For me, if I look for 'excitement' at the bottom of a bottle all I will have is chaos. Ok, not boring, but certainly not fun. So what is fun? I think that's the question and that's what needs defining. I'm no more 'bored' when sober than I am when drunk. I just don't notice it when I'm drunk. Frankly I can do anything I want when I'm sober. I'm just not ready. And that's ok. I'll take boring over the chaos of drinking anytime. I feel like I'm biding my time right now. My daughter will only be under my roof full time for another couple of years. Its all about her now. And building a very strong foundation for my recovery. In a couple of years I can do anything, go anywhere, I want. Wow, that's weird.

So off to yoga in a bit. Then a massage. I'm kind of kissing AA meetings good bye until Saturday. Just gonna focus on the kid. And that's all good. I'm loving feeling good, being at peace, noticing the little things.

Big sigh. Thanks for being here guys. Just feeling grateful.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I am exhausted physically and emotionally. Spiritually devoid. I am too tired to write much but just needed to put this out there. Finishing day 3 after an awful 5 day bender. Day 3 dry that is, if that wasn't clear.

I'm at that crossroads between living and drying. I choose to live.....I can absolutely never drink again. Ever. Or I will be dead. Period.

Where there is breath there is hope. Thanks for being here guys.
Frickaflip
We care about you look at how many people read your post they are showing you that you are not alone and we understand what you are going through. Listen to the inner voices they are your spiritual guides in life that stir you in the right direction. Sometimes we decide not to listen being rebellious. You are stronger than you think.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

You're doing great frick, but you know that. The chaos of drunkenness is simply not worth it in my opinion. As far as it being boring, sure I guess I would agree with you.

I wrote to someone this weekend on this site that I was at peace with myself, which is something I could not say for a very long time. I believe there is value in being at peace with ones self. I also believe that life is still life....even in sobriety.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

96 days is awesome Frick - congrats

D
Old 11-21-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi Frick! Remember me? Seems we got off to a bumpy start but now I want to say how happy I am that you seem to be well on the path to recovery, with all of 96 days. Those 96 are really the hardest and now the main thing will be just doing what you're doing, But watch your back for any signs that your AV might be planning a relapse. If so, call in some support troops, like other folks in recovery. Safety in numbers. Honestly, I'm so happy about your progress. Today I was depressed about some stuff- a feeling of isolation during the holidays- but you've helped me so much and I feel better. Thanks so much for that. Remember, safety in numbers. Support troops. Get other folks on the ropes when climbing the mountain. And believe me it gets less boring. Had an old friend who said he had "more serenity than he could handle!" (Nice guy. Ended up with nearly 30 years of it!)

Bill
Old 11-21-2016, 11:06 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hey Frick, just checking in. Yes, sometimes the boredom can really be a downer but it is much better than the chaos you speak of. Think of the gift you are giving your daughter, and of course yourself.
Your Thanksgiving plan sounds very nice. A meal out, no stress of preparing or cleaning up. Enjoy that!
Old 11-22-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi Frick,

You are doing great, almost at 100 days!!! Not having to cook or clean up doesn't sound like such a bad deal. We are going to my MILs she makes the turkey and a few sides, and the rest of us bring a side or assigned dish. I am in charge of pies and kid friendly beverages.

Feel free to post here if you need support for anything going on with you.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:53 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

COUNTDOWN TO 100. Including today - that is 5 days 'till you reach the ton.
So,,,,5.

very well done.PJ
Old 11-22-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice and well wishes Bill.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Thanksgiving morning. Still a bit dark but it looks like a beautiful day. Daughter and I are going out to dinner tonight so no cooking or cleaning. Sounds wonderful to me! I'm just grateful to be sober and feeling so good. And my house is so fricken clean! Bonus.

I haven't been to any meetings this week. Feels fine but I feel a bit 'naughty'. Haha. So I'll go to my H&I meeting Saturday and start back to the normal schedule next week. Its all good.

So today is no different than any other day. Yoga this AM which will be crowded with people that have eaten too much and had too much booze. That's the down side of hot yoga....people can sweat out some really weird smelling stuff. Oh well, I'll be sweating but clean as a whistle. Sorry TMI.

Have a great thanksgiving. Enjoy the food and the family, not the booze. Day 99 here.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are really doing well frick. Thumbs up!
Old 11-24-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Frick

D
Old 11-24-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 100 tomorrow!
Old 11-25-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hey Frick.....

HAPPY 100!!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

108 days. Sitting here deciding, yoga or running? I would have to be out the door in 40 minutes for yoga....and that sounds challenging. Its soooo cold and dark. Running buys me a little more time...still have to outta here by 9:45 to make H&I. Big baby. I donwanna! But I will. Ugh.

I don't know why I'm posting. Just feel like it. Everything is quite good. Tired of chronic pain (feel like I must complain about something) but it is what it is. I wonder what it would be like to NOT feel pain all the time. Its been so long that I can't even remember.

I hope everyone has a good day. Finds a moment of gratitude, or many moments. I was talking to my daughter and I said something like 'man my life is boring but that's ok right now' and she replied 'yeah maybe its boring but that means nothing bad is happening to you'. Ugh, double ugh. She's right.

Peace.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Good post frick. Many truths in it. You mentioned chronic pain, do you care to share? Do you have arthritis or something?

ps. I mentioned because I may be able to help. I drink a tea and take a prescription med (non opiate) for my knees and it works pretty well.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Its back and hip pain. The back pain is SI related and the hip stuff is muscle and tissue, not the joints. It all kind of works against itself, if that makes sense. I do take Motrin which helps a lot. And thankfully just resting at night helps. But that's kind of it. I need to rake more leaves today so tonight promises to be uncomfortable.

Thanks for asking.