Notices

Help. I am in a crisis

Old 04-30-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi there, glad to see you picking yourself bak up and getting going at it again. It took me hundreds if not thousands or tries to get me headed in the right direction *touches wood* but one thing was constant, I never stopped coming back and trying.

I am so sorry for your horrendous night at the hotel, it sound awful and I am sure you feel awful about it. I know so well the feelings of guilt and shame.

I felt like I had everything going I just had to "get rid" of this alcoholism stuff and everything wold be fine. I wanted YEARS, literally YEARS making more and more messes, suffering more and more pain, loss, humiliation, shame, sadness and anger because I insisted that I absolutely could not manage inpatient rehab with the kids and work, there was simply no way.

I see you mention the same. Trust me, I understand those thoughts. The idea of managing things in your absence is so overwhelming it makes your head explode. But throughout the tread you also mention your facial injuries that you are going to need to explain. I can't tell you how many times I had to come up with really far-fetched stories of how I got a bruise/swollen lip/black eye/limp. You also posted that you are worried if you still have a job at all? You are really nearing the point that you aren't going to be able to hold this together anymore and the proverbial sh---t is going to hit the fan. Why not dedicate a month to real, intensive treatment and come out ready to put your life back together?

Here is a really long thread, but if you are interested it is my experience with inpatient rehab. I went kicking and screaming, I put it off as long as possible. But finally I realised there was simply not other options to explore.

Best of luck to you.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ab-report.html
Old 04-30-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

How are you today? Sober?
Old 04-30-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
How are you today? Sober?
I just posted a nice happy post. I am well and sober and thinking positively. Thanks for checking in on me.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

You know what is anazing? I have seven brothers and sisters and I hardly have any contact with them. They all live in nj and I am in FL and it is just a distant connection. Ever since this went down they have been in contact - showing that they care. I haven't felt like they cared at all after all these years I have been gone. But they do. Smile.