Notices

Help. I am in a crisis

Old 04-29-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Earthsteps- I am glad you are okay and that you came back to SR.

You will get a lot of support here!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi LB, it sounds like now is as good a time as any to get serious about this.
Sounds like you've got some good support lined up with mental health professionals and this forum. Intensive outpatient is probably your best option if you cannot commit to inpatient. Glad you didn't get hurt.
Me too. I have a slight concussion but the ct scan shows it to be minor. My face is banged up though. I don't even know what to say when someone asks me about it
Old 04-29-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Earthsteps- I am glad you are okay and that you came back to SR.

You will get a lot of support here!
Thanks hon!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I feel alone in this process. I have alienated my husband to the point of pre divorce. I have lost a few friends to my drinking. It is so quiet right now and I feel alone.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

(((earthsteps))) ♥

We are here with you.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
(((earthsteps))) ♥

We are here with you.
Thank you. I just don't know what to do. I have to fix so many things. Plus I need to work tomorrow and Sunday to make up time. I am terrified I have lost my job.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Earthsteps- I hope things get better with your husband. Maybe they will after he sees you working on sobriety.

Have you thought about going to AA meetings or something similar? I haven't went but several here have and they have made a lot of friends and exchanged phone numbers so they can call each other when they are having a rough time

Yes and we are here for you too like Venuscat said.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Earthsteps- I hope things get better with your husband. Maybe they will after he sees you working on sobriety.

Have you thought about going to AA meetings or something similar? I haven't went but several here have and they have made a lot of friends and exchanged phone numbers so they can call each other when they are having a rough time

I have tried AA and it didn't work for me. I am trying Rational Recovery. I am hoping the outpatient program is good for me. It is for working professionals who need night meetings.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

And thank you.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I think a lot of people like RationalRecovery.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
Thank you. I just don't know what to do. I have to fix so many things. Plus I need to work tomorrow and Sunday to make up time. I am terrified I have lost my job.
Try to breath. I know that feeling of terror...many of us do.
Try and get some rest if you can, and get yourself to work tomorrow.
Maybe you haven't lost your job....one step at a time.

You can't fix everything overnight love...and the most important thing to focus on right now is you. Water, something to eat, maybe a nice shower or bath to sooth you a little.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I think a lot of people like RationalRecovery.
I have been reading a lot and it all makes sense to me.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Other than rational recovery, what else do you have in mind to "fix" yourself? For many, a wholesale change of lifestyle is needed. Like a complete makeover, but with your day to day living. And your social circle might need to be modified some. Did you have drinking buddies or did you drink mostly alone?
Old 04-29-2016, 11:31 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm not all that familiar with Rational Recovery, lighteningbug, but I think it's similar to AVRT. AVRT literally saved my life; it's something you can do at home from your own computer in about fifteen minutes. But whatever works for you DO IT!

I feel so bad for you, and I have been in the same basic situation. It's demoralizing, dehumanizing even. It's shocking and humiliating to find yourself utterly out of control. But it doesn't make you worthless! You have to get free of the booze.

It's hard to give you relationship advice. It sounds like your husband is at his breaking point, and can you blame him? Put yourself in his shoes and imagine what it's like for him. You have to quit drinking to save your own life first of all- if it saves your marriage that's a great bonus. But you have to do it for yourself.

I'm glad you're back and ready to try again!
Old 04-30-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I possibly missed this if it was already mentioned- did the hospital give you referrals or anything for addiction treatment?
Old 04-30-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Other than rational recovery, what else do you have in mind to "fix" yourself? For many, a wholesale change of lifestyle is needed. Like a complete makeover, but with your day to day living. And your social circle might need to be modified some. Did you have drinking buddies or did you drink mostly alone?
I have a few things planned. I drank alone alone or with my husband.

IOP in the evenings
Psychologist
Medical doctor
Exercise
This board
RR
Old 04-30-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
I'm not all that familiar with Rational Recovery, lighteningbug, but I think it's similar to AVRT. AVRT literally saved my life; it's something you can do at home from your own computer in about fifteen minutes. But whatever works for you DO IT!

I feel so bad for you, and I have been in the same basic situation. It's demoralizing, dehumanizing even. It's shocking and humiliating to find yourself utterly out of control. But it doesn't make you worthless! You have to get free of the booze.

It's hard to give you relationship advice. It sounds like your husband is at his breaking point, and can you blame him? Put yourself in his shoes and imagine what it's like for him. You have to quit drinking to save your own life first of all- if it saves your marriage that's a great bonus. But you have to do it for yourself.

I'm glad you're back and ready to try again!
Yes AVRT! I already went through the steps. You make a pledge to never ever drink again.

I have to get myself on track. He loves me, I know, he just needs to see real progress and not listen to a bunch of empty promises.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I possibly missed this if it was already mentioned- did the hospital give you referrals or anything for addiction treatment?
They gave me what they could but the hospital is in another county from where I live.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

If there is anything in your area- I suggest a meditation based group. There was one here at a center and they used this:

12 Steps on Buddha's Path

Actually I would recommend this anyway, don't be put off by the 12 Steps being in the title, I am not a 12 stepper and I really liked the simple down to earth way this is written and infusion with Buddhist concepts.

It really doesn't try and push 12 steps, AA or Buddhism it is just a plain good book for anyone recovering.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:17 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
If there is anything in your area- I suggest a meditation based group. There was one here at a center and they used this:

12 Steps on Buddha's Path

Actually I would recommend this anyway, don't be put off by the 12 Steps being in the title, I am not a 12 stepper and I really liked the simple down to earth way this is written and infusion with Buddhist concepts.

It really doesn't try and push 12 steps, AA or Buddhism it is just a plain good book for anyone recovering.
Thank you - I will definitely read it!