Notices

The rehab report

Old 03-15-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The rehab report

Well I'm here. I arrived this morning about 9:45 and got checked in. Everyone is so incredibly kind. I cannot even believe how nice all the staff are- everyone- doctors, nurses, psychologists, the custodians, the front desk, the lunch lady. They all seem to know who I am already and greet me and smile. One nurse came by to tell me how the meals work, what time to go. He said he would come and tell me every evening what the menu for the next day was and if there was something I didn't like I could ask for something else.
At lunch I sat at a table for two with another girl about my age who works in a bank. She has the same attitude as me, that this has to be the last stop, no going back to drinking ever again. She introduced me to a guy who spent 10 years in the US and speaks English perfectly. She introduced me to others and even bought me a coffee after lunch. Everyone seems to be really happy by the care they are receiving.
After lunch they came to my room to give me the iv meds/liquids, not sure what was in there but I feel a bit better already. I then went to have a full physical, they'll do blood work tomorrow morning. I am now just waiting to be called by the psychologist. Tonight dinner and bed for me.
Tomorrow I will have another meeting with the psychologist and join the group work. There is a lot of free time too, so I can rest.
There is a tiny gym, with unfortunately no weights, but at least I can do a little cardio and some body weight exercises.
It's not so bad. I already miss my kids terribly, but I know this is the right thing for me to do for them. Thank you all for pushing me to get here.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs!! You can get through this!
Old 03-15-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am thinking good thoughts for you, Mera.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm so so proud of you for taking this action Mera you are going to do amazing x

Can't wait for more updates xxxxx
Old 03-15-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic job Mera. Really focus and use this time to get you better. We are proud of you.

Way to go!
Old 03-15-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending you a monster hug.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thank you so much for checking, Meraviglioso, and congrats on taking a big step forward in your recovery. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey as it progresses.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ciao:

Glad it's going well. Take advantage of it and be totally honest! You are doing the right thing so feel great about it. I know that you are missing the kids but you are doing this for you, so that you can be how you want to be towards them.

I send you a hug Mera!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day one done. It's not so bad, I really needed to do this sooner, but I am as stubborn as a mule. It feels good to be totally taken care of. I've said it like 5 times now, but really, I can't get over how nice everyone is. All of the staff are so kind and available. The cleaning people who deliver the afternoon tea and snack came in and sat down on my bed, held my hand and told me it was going to be ok. They even offered me extra biscuits with my tea
I met with the psychologist, I think the hard work will start tomorrow, I have a longer appointment with her and then there is the alcohol group as well. I'm nervous about my blood work. The doctor said my liver was swollen when she felt it.
I have already made a few "friends" there are some nice people here and quite a few similar to me in terms of social status/work/style. I know that shouldn't matter, and I hope to make friends with everyone, but it is nice to find people whom I can relate to on many levels.
I am already in bed. Most people are out listening to music, dancing, smoking. But I'm just so emotionally exhausted I needed some quiet time. I plan to be more social tomorrow. They come by at 21:30 with the nighttime meds. They also come at 6am *gulp* for the iv fluids to start the day.
I'm really glad to have my phone and computer. I'm not using either much. I keep my phone on silent but I like that I can call and check on the kids. I'm only checking work stuff once a day, just to make sure there are no emergencies, but I left a good plan in place to get most things taken care of. I brought two books- the Rewired book that someone here recommended and The allen Carr book. I feel I have past the point of a book helping me, but I figure it can't hurt to give them a read, especially in this moment when the only thing I am concentrating on with things that have to do with recovering- like posting here
Night all!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good on you Mera, glad you have settled in
Old 03-15-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thinking of you
Old 03-15-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

It's good to hear that things are going well for you. Keep working at it!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So glad you are there and that day 1 went well.
Sleep deep and good luck tomorrow!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
quat

great news , you Can Do This
Old 03-15-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

This reminds me of my big sisters and I just want to tell you how good it felt knowing they were doing well in rehab I remember hugging my sister and I feel the same way now if I was there I'd give you a big hug

Un giorno alla volta

Roma non fu construita in un giorno
Old 03-15-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Makes me so happy to hear Mera. Many hugs and glad you found the courage to go.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

So wonderful to hear from you! Sounds like you are settling in just fine. My thoughts and prayers are with you ! ♡ CR
Old 03-15-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Happy for you. Happy for your kids who will receive the gift of a healthy, sober mom.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Best wishes!
Old 03-15-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Rehab is much pleasanter than drinking, that's for sure!!!!