Notices

A healing weekender April 29 part 1

Old 04-28-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Tetra, the growth you have shown is amazing. The look of you must be equally amazing.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Thanks SU. No fire flies here I think. Only glow worms and iridescent algae!

Welcome to any new folks who are joining us this weekend. Pipe in if the mood takes ye! We are a friendly, sometimes irreverent bunch!

Goodnight folks. Please let junior sleep tonight, just for a few hours....

B
Old 04-28-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I forgot to say, great post earlier LB.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams to Behan Junior. And his parents!

Welcome newbies. This really is a welcoming place.

Brynn's post spurred such pleasant memories. I was fortunate to have a good childhood and one that by today's standards seems quaint. I grew up in a Mayberry-like small town. Weekends during winter were spent sliding down hills all afternoon, coming home to warm houses and growing sleepy soon thereafter.

Summer? That was time for our municipal pool, both afternoon and night. Mornings were spent running freely around the neighborhood or riding bikes all over town. Or packing lunches to take on treks through the nearby woods.

I love my niece and nephew dearly, but it breaks my heart to go back home and see them plugged in all day.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I think I'm going to really like my new job. Once I learn how to do things, I think it will suit me. And I already feel so appreciated.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

That's great news, Marty! I'm a little late to today's chapter of the thread so I hope you're feeling 100 percent soon. Sore throats are the pits.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Oh, man. Fireflies/lightning bugs are magical...Behan, I think the image above is an animation, but that is exactly the scene we looked for as kids! It wasn't all the time - and it was always in the summer. We would catch a bunch of them and put them in a jar with holes punched in the lid. Then our parents would set them free when we weren't looking.

I bet MesaMan will be along with links on how they do that. (I won't read it!! I don't want to know! It's magic!)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Home for a dinner break then back out to work

My mom! I picked her up and we were driving.
She was teasing me....
One time we were driving last year and there was a dicey traffic incident- almost a crash.
As it was happening I accidentally blurted " mommy" ahahahaha
Today she said " remember when you panicked and called me mommy?"
MOM you're not supposed to ever bring that up again!!!

The guy in phillipinnes was texting me again
He said " I got a motorbike today and drove through the mountains, I wish you were here"
Then he said
" I can't wait to see you again, I think it's gonna be great to get to know you better"

Must be costing him a fortune to keep texting me from there.
But I like it! I didn't really expect to hear much from him.
We had a pretty killer kiss as we said goodbye before he left though
Old 04-28-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

hey all, good evening soberwolf, and Behan and all use over there...
so I went to get the mail, it's cold and rainy, I was shivering from the sidewalk to the house... I felt like I needed a cup of coffee to warm up, but instead I figured a bowl of coffee ice cream - I feel better now...

welcome all new to the weekender, and let's see, who has 90 days? I'll have to go back to find out who... but 90 days is a huge number. Congrats.

what else, a song?

okay got it now, cardoon got shotgun and graced got 90 days - congrats both

Last edited by LBrain; 04-28-2016 at 03:57 PM. Reason: page 1 has the naswers...
Old 04-28-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I hope things are even better when he gets back Jen.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
oh, I mentioned John Bonham yesterday in old thread...
this is an excerpt from wiki:
On 24 September 1980, Bonham was picked up by Led Zeppelin assistant Rex King to attend rehearsals at Bray Studios for a tour of North America, to begin 17 October in Montreal, Canada – the band's first since 1977. During the journey, Bonham asked to stop for breakfast, where he drank four quadruple vodkas (16 shots, between 400–560 ml). He then drank after arriving at rehearsals. The band stopped rehearsing late in the evening and then retired to Page's house, the Old Mill House in Clewer, Windsor. After midnight on Thursday, 25 September, Bonham fell asleep; someone took him to bed and placed him on his side. Benji LeFevre, Led Zeppelin's tour manager, and John Paul Jones found him dead the next afternoon.[15] Bonham was 32.

The inquest on 27 October 1980 showed that in 24 hours Bonham had drunk around 40 shots (1–1.4 litres) of 40% ABV vodka, after which he vomited and choked. The finding was accidental death.[15] An autopsy found no other drugs in Bonham's body.[16] Bonham's remains were cremated and his ashes interred on 12 October 1980, at Rushock parish church, Worcestershire.
I remember when he died. (Good Lord, I'm old.) Not a very nice man, according to rock historians.

Of course, this brings to mind one of the priceless scenes from "This is Spinal Tap."

Old 04-28-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

hello, can anybody hear me? hello? hello? oh, it's my internet connection... sloooooooooooooooooooooooow and I keep getting dropped, so before I lose it on my monitor I better back away

so last night I decided to search netflix for "Mama" they don't got it... but they had a ton of 'movies like'... so I watched the exorcist first - was it supposed to be scary? Maybe back in the day, I found myself chuckling a few times.
Then "Hush" was up next. About twenty minutes into it I thought it was a sleeper movie - it was putting me to sleep. It got too weird so I bagged it. I didn't get it actually. At first I thought it was going to be a slasher movies, but I think it was to turn into a suspense thriller or something. It got way too goofy after about 15 minutes. 1 star thank you...
well I hope this post goes through without my losing the connection, if it doesn't have a good night anyway... wait, you wouldn't get that if it didn't go through... the dilemma... maybe Bim has one of those motion meme things for this... what are they called?
I will relate... when I first moved back to PA from California I went out in the country with the top down on the jeep just to see the lightning bugs in July. Out in the country where there is little light and lots of grasses in a meadow. Worth the price of gas to see it.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I am so bummed out. My son has a choir concert tonight. I was hoping to make it through at least part of it. But I just took my temperature because I feel so crappy. 101. Not a great idea for me to go sit in a crowded auditorium and breathe on people for an hour and a half. His dad is going to have to get him there. I hate this.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

hahaha double post, and I tried to edit this post and all I got was the circly thing going round and round.
so I just shut er down and rebooted, loaded on the internet and it seems to work now...

okay, I'll give hush another try, it's the one with the deaf gal right? I thought it got too weird in the beginning....
um, I lasted longer with Hush than I did with Sharknado by the way... it was some other 'C' movie I watched prior to sharknado...

good night gators (I stole that from Bodhi)
Old 04-28-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Brain hush was great! You missed out!

Better than sharknado and you got through that haha
Old 04-28-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

maybe Bim has one of those motion meme things for this... what are they called?
Gif. Like 'G'ive...not like 'G'iraffe. (Graphic Interface File)
Old 04-28-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Are lightning bugs just a Midwest thing? I've never seen them anywhere else in the U.S.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I saw them in eastern canada
Trach told me I can see them in the southern states too
Old 04-28-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Old 04-28-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 120 (permalink)