View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Venecia

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
oh, I mentioned John Bonham yesterday in old thread...
this is an excerpt from wiki:
On 24 September 1980, Bonham was picked up by Led Zeppelin assistant Rex King to attend rehearsals at Bray Studios for a tour of North America, to begin 17 October in Montreal, Canada – the band's first since 1977. During the journey, Bonham asked to stop for breakfast, where he drank four quadruple vodkas (16 shots, between 400–560 ml). He then drank after arriving at rehearsals. The band stopped rehearsing late in the evening and then retired to Page's house, the Old Mill House in Clewer, Windsor. After midnight on Thursday, 25 September, Bonham fell asleep; someone took him to bed and placed him on his side. Benji LeFevre, Led Zeppelin's tour manager, and John Paul Jones found him dead the next afternoon.[15] Bonham was 32.

The inquest on 27 October 1980 showed that in 24 hours Bonham had drunk around 40 shots (1–1.4 litres) of 40% ABV vodka, after which he vomited and choked. The finding was accidental death.[15] An autopsy found no other drugs in Bonham's body.[16] Bonham's remains were cremated and his ashes interred on 12 October 1980, at Rushock parish church, Worcestershire.
I remember when he died. (Good Lord, I'm old.) Not a very nice man, according to rock historians.

Of course, this brings to mind one of the priceless scenes from "This is Spinal Tap."