Notices

The rehab report

Old 03-18-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Do your best

This post is so inspirational Mera I'm sorry the food wasn't great tonight, the olive groves sound beautiful x

You sound really really well Mera x
Old 03-18-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Old 03-18-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

oops, they are all sideways. I've got no energy to try and deal with that, turn your heads
Old 03-18-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I think it's probably ok to obsess on tea for a while, Mera.

Those grounds look beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's beautiful
Old 03-18-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

See you tomorrow!
Sleep well and don't worry about anything.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks for sharing. The photos are beautiful...is that a palm tree I see?
Have a peaceful night, Mera. ♡CR
Old 03-18-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

((((((Mera))))) I'm so glad for you.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

You're doing great.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It looks lovely - very tranquil.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Mera:
In one of those photos is that Florence in the distance? Could you possibly be in Fiesole? Do keep going with that journal! Maybe after you get out you can gather all those lovely posts and put them together in a pamphlet or blog to, as you say, help others, When you say that even if it helps only one person that would be wonderful. That really struck a chord with me because that's just how I feel! How wonderful it is that, even though we get into these jams when we get ourselves out we can help others. That, truly is what it's all about! If it were golf, you just hit yourself a "hole in one". Keep it up. You're on a roll as they say.

Bill
Old 03-18-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I'm so, so happy for you, Mera.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi Mera,

I am so glad you are doing so well!! It looks so peaceful there, have you gone on any walks around the grounds?

Keep posting!
❤️ Delilah
Old 03-19-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning Mera xxxx
Old 03-19-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Please don't ever stop writing on this post. It's my daily inspiration.

Mera, you're just amazing. And the place looks so beautiful. X
Old 03-19-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Yes, lots of palm trees ( native to these parts), greenery, olive trees. Wpainterw, yes that is Florence in the distance, but the centre is right here in Florence. We are within walking distance of Porta Romana.
Today started off with the usual iv at 6am. Then meds, then out of bed for breakfast. After breakfast I had a coffee and then came to rest until the doctors made their rounds at 10. They said another day or two of the twice daily iv's and then they'll go to just one a day, then cut them out altogether. Saturdays and Sundays there are no meetings so a lot of free time. My boyfriend came to visit today so I used the time between the doctor's visit and lunch to shower and wash and blow dry my hair. We have to leave all hair dryers, curling irons, etc at the nurses station and go ask for them when we need them. Annoying, but I guess they figure we could hang ourselves with the cords or something, who knows. But it is not a big deal, they are always available and give them to you anytime you ask. He arrived just as they were plugging in the second iv of the day, but sat with me and held my hand while we waited.
The past two days I've been still happy to be here but despite the heavy medication have been really fighting some hard moments where I think "F*%& I want a glass (or a bottle) of wine." It is infuriating and makes me cry. I knew rehab wouldn't be a miracle, but I am just anxious to get on with all the group work and the work with the psychologists. This first week has mostly been keeping me heavily medicated, the times that they give the iv's sometimes interfere with the groups. The alcohol groups (3 times a week) are mandatory. The behavioural groups on emotions, anxiety, interpersonal relationships, guilt, etc are every day and are not mandatory but I really want to go to every single one. One, because I am here and I want to make the most of it but also just to pass the time. Otherwise I just sit outside drinking cup after cup of tea and smoking. I had smoked in the past, maybe 5-10 cigarettes a day. I then quit in January 2nd for about a month, but picked it back up. Now that I am here I am smoking like crazy- probably a pack a day. The others say it is normal. it is part of the withdrawal and also due to feelings of sadness or boredom.
Yesterday I spoke to my older son. He asked me why I was sick, what I had. I choked up but held it together and said that I was very tired and just generally didn't feel well and needed to rest and have doctors look after me.
They STILL won't let me use the gym, but I guess I'll just keep resting.
Today before my boyfriend came I was sitting outside, just chatting, saying I was happy he was coming but worried I had ruined our relationship. There were a few others there who could totally relate and offered their experiences. It was really helpful. Even outside of the groups, just talking to the others is really helpful.
Tonight is Saturday night!!! Woo hoo!!!! Big party throw down at the rehab centre! They don't organise any official social activities, but the patients organise on their own. One of the guys has portable speaker and hooks up to spotify. We all decided to meet in the courtyard and have a dance party. I told him I loved dancing but don't remember doing it sober. He said "come on, you love music, you don't need chemicals to get there, let's do this, we're all going to dance tonight and so are you"
I'm pretty tired and groggy still from the meds, but I definitely want to go be social. I like these people a lot. They totally, totally get me.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Oh, I almost forgot. When talking a walk with my boyfriend I found a four leaf clover.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Oh, I almost forgot. When talking a walk with my boyfriend I found a four leaf clover.
Awww thats lovely! Did you pick it?!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueberry2015 View Post
Awww thats lovely! Did you pick it?!
I did! It is now right beside the pictures my kids does for me.

It's late here, but jut wanted add another little bit about how wonderful these people are. I have been going to bed early (the dance party was cancelled due to the guy with the speaker not feeling well). I had been tossing and turning, full of anxiety. So, as they told me someone is always on duty and I can come at any time, I went down to the nurses station to ask for help. I knocked but no one answered, so I came back to my room to try again to sleep. Just a minute later there was a knock at the door and I told whomever it was to enter. It was one of the nurses and she called me by name and asked if everything was ok, She said she saw me passing in the hall and just wanted to check on me. I told her what was going on and she took me down to the nurses station and called the doctor- told him or her what was going on, that I still felt a bit of withdrawals and was full of anxiety and couldn't sleep. So they gave me some drops to help me calm down and help me get to sleep. She was so nice. I apologised for bothering them at this hour but she said "don't you worry, we are always here, anytime" She said I should go right to sleep but she would come by in a few hours and quietly open the door just to check on me. So, so nice, everyone. I feel very well cared for.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I did! It is now right beside the pictures my kids does for me.

It's late here, but jut wanted add another little bit about how wonderful these people are. I have been going to bed early (the dance party was cancelled due to the guy with the speaker not feeling well). I had been tossing and turning, full of anxiety. So, as they told me someone is always on duty and I can come at any time, I went down to the nurses station to ask for help. I knocked but no one answered, so I came back to my room to try again to sleep. Just a minute later there was a knock at the door and I told whomever it was to enter. It was one of the nurses and she called me by name and asked if everything was ok, She said she saw me passing in the hall and just wanted to check on me. I told her what was going on and she took me down to the nurses station and called the doctor- told him or her what was going on, that I still felt a bit of withdrawals and was full of anxiety and couldn't sleep. So they gave me some drops to help me calm down and help me get to sleep. She was so nice. I apologised for bothering them at this hour but she said "don't you worry, we are always here, anytime" She said I should go right to sleep but she would come by in a few hours and quietly open the door just to check on me. So, so nice, everyone. I feel very well cared for.
I am so pleased you are being looked after x I love reading your posts on rehab and how you are doing x Im glad you picked the clover, lucky charm eh? X I hope you have a restful night x x x