Notices

No doubt Weekender March 11 part 2

Old 03-14-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

MLD, I do like the Boomtown Rats.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

How long y'all got?

Look up 'Loser' in an Old Skool Dictionary, and there's a Woodcut Image of MesaMate's Brother. 6'5". Total Moose. Lived in the IL's Basement fo evah. Mommy let him. Would trash her beloved Kitchen. Up all Night. Forever leaving ancient, non-working Computer schitte on the Counters. Hit the Old Man. Shoved him down the Stairs. Rewired the Washer down in the Basement to make the Washer Chassis 'hot' with 120 Volts. Attempted Electrocution. With an almost-identical name, sweet talked the local Credit Union Gal into giving him Pop's $10,000 to 'take care of the Folks'. An Inside Job of Identity Theft.

We worked with the Neighbors, and they would alert us in case of Life/Death 'indicators' going down at the House. You can't force Adults to leave, or be Institutionally committed. The ole 'where else has he got to go' BS from Mommy. Enabling 101. He was tossed from the Military after hitting an Officer. Somehow, The World always 'owed' him.

Sooo, they all invaded our first House. Mebbe some attempt at a Family Holiday. I've repressed it all. Nonstop Conflict. Put on Eggs to boil at 2 AM, and let the Pan boil dry. Gawdawful smell bad enough to wake the dead. Or, the Hammered, in my case. Tried to start a Fire in the Basement Fireplace. Almost torched the Joint.

I have my limits. Came Home from Work, and the 'unique' acrid smell of burning Lacquer hit my Nostrils. As did ~120 Decibels of Audio. Mister TwatWaffle had my Studio Monitor Speakers turned up beyond their limit. Lil Lamps on the Front Panels let you know they're being overloaded. Speaker Voice Coils were scorching. No Guns in the House back then, fortunately.

After I was done crying from pure Rage, I told him to pack. Immediately drove him to a CheapAzz Motel near Denver Airport and left him. Finally severed all contact with him some Years later. ILs would call, and report his latest goings-on from their Basement. Upset MesaMate to no end. Only StoicMon, here, kept our Marriage intact. Simply stating The Truth here. Not bragging whatsoever. This is the Cliff Notes version. Try resolving these Issues from ~1,200 Miles away.

Proving there are Cosmic Forces, he had moved out come time to pack up their trashed Detroit Suburb Bungalow, and move them both to a Boulder Nursing Home. That Cash Burn Rate was over $7,000/Month. He ruined their Health. No question. This might have been the start of my escalated Drinking. My bad 'Coping', to be sure. No excuses offered...

This Family Boot Camp trained me to solve intractable Int'l Problems. That paid well enough for me to Retire, and start really Drinking, at age 48.

When the schitte that makes you Use/Drink is eliminated at the most fundamental level, I believe one has a much better chance at Sobriety. I can't emphasize this belief enough. You don't throw Ethanol at problems that don't exist anymore.

That which does not kill you does - indeed - make you stronger.

'No one takes advantage of you without your permission' ~ Columnist Ann Landers ~
Old 03-14-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Yes, Ann Landers was right. What an awful brother for Mesamate. I'm fortunate to have a decent bro. Self supporting and everything.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I think I'm going to call it a night enders.

Feeling kinda depressed tonight, that along with whatever has me sick makes me think I should just watch TV and try to fall asleep.

Have a good night.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post mesa! I don't feel so bad! Xoxo

Hope you feel better SUinD- I hope I didn't depress you!
Old 03-14-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

You're welcome. One of my Objectives in posting it!

In other News, I am on for possible Jury Duty tomorrow. Tough Legal schitte for any Defendant who reminds me of my POS Bro-in-Law.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

At one point the situation with my brother and mom had me drinking too mesa.
That was what started that meltdown I had a few months ago.
I feel good now though, stronger xo
Old 03-14-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
You're welcome. One of my Objectives in posting it!

In other News, I am on for possible Jury Duty tomorrow. Tough Legal schitte for any Defendant who reminds me of my POS Bro-in-Law.
Good luck and let us know how it goes! I always wanted to do jury duty!
Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Jen,

I thought you moved? How can he get in your new place?

That sucks so hard.

Everyone has said what to say to him much nicer than me. I feel defensive for you bc early sobriety is a fragile gift to be nurtured. Not fragile in the sense that you're in danger of drinking, but it's a special time where you can use the gift of clarity to really do some great work on sustaining sobriety and building an amazing life.

I'd be like, dude, I'm not consigning your bullpucky anymore. Leave me completely out of your drama.

And tell your Mom you refuse to let her guilt you into codependency.

It's easier said than done, but I hope you say something.

Hugs, sister.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Jen,

I thought you moved? How can he get in your new place?

That sucks so hard.

Everyone has said what to say to him much nicer than me. I feel defensive for you bc early sobriety is a fragile gift to be nurtured. Not fragile in the sense that you're in danger of drinking, but it's a special time where you can use the gift of clarity to really do some great work on sustaining sobriety and building an amazing life.

I'd be like, dude, I'm not consigning your bullpucky anymore. Leave me completely out of your drama.

And tell your Mom you refuse to let her guilt you into codependency.

It's easier said than done, but I hope you say something.

Hugs, sister.
I did move!
I have 3 bedrooms, I should have moved into a place with just one! But I really like this one! And I love the little yard.

My mom has heard it, believe me.....

I'll say something this week, its been unacceptable and I have no one to blame but myself if it continues.
I've tried talking to him about the money, but he just brushes it off, goes to his girls, then comes back and doesn't bring it up again.
I just need to draw a line. Ugh.

Thanks Melina xoxo

Oh and he can get in because I hide a key outside for friends and family in case of emergencies.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Change the locks and tell your mother you're not discussing it.

She can take him in if he's that hard up for a place.

Sucks.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, lost my marbles.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning, My Wednesday today ... Hump day.. SinceI have off Thursday and Friday.

Should be a quiet productive day. Sit and just do my job. Like days like that.

See you all later.

I enjoyed that post MM.

K
Old 03-15-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I hate my radio-loving co-worker.

Listening to Bryan Adams always makes me want to kill myself.

Now I'm all sad again.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Do your best

Could not sleep at all last night finally got down about 3am which is awful I think it's this cold today its kicking my butt
Old 03-15-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Good morning, all.

I'm doing test kitchen stuff today, running through a ton of recipes for a new place my previous chef is consulting for...

When I told him I was available to help, I never thought he'd say it was at the butt crack of dawn in a suburb far far away.

Welp.

It's just today and tmro. And I'm excited to get in the kitchen.

I'll sleep well tonight, that's for sure.

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-15-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I luuuuv Bryan Adams, Tetra.

Yet another reason for you to be glad we never were Coworkers. I'm really enjoying your Writing, btw...

The Phone-in Recording of last Night that provides me Jury Duty Selection details to follow later this Morning specifies No Cellphones. No Guns. And, No Pocket Change. They also recommend a Pillow for those preferring 'comfort'. Since no Kindles are allowed, the Recording recommends bringing 'an actual Book'.

Got it!
Old 03-15-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Mesa, did they mention NO PAJAMAS?

I heard the g-men driving by and picking up the trash. I thought for a moment and realized it was not worth the trip to the sidewalk with what little trash we have accumulated. I'll make up for it come spring cleaning in the yard...

Have a good day. Another cool rainy day here. The third trimester of winter I suppose. Spring will soon be born. We have been experiencing 'contractions' over the past week.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning miscreants!
Old 03-15-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Morning all!!