View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
MesaMan

How long y'all got?

Look up 'Loser' in an Old Skool Dictionary, and there's a Woodcut Image of MesaMate's Brother. 6'5". Total Moose. Lived in the IL's Basement fo evah. Mommy let him. Would trash her beloved Kitchen. Up all Night. Forever leaving ancient, non-working Computer schitte on the Counters. Hit the Old Man. Shoved him down the Stairs. Rewired the Washer down in the Basement to make the Washer Chassis 'hot' with 120 Volts. Attempted Electrocution. With an almost-identical name, sweet talked the local Credit Union Gal into giving him Pop's $10,000 to 'take care of the Folks'. An Inside Job of Identity Theft.

We worked with the Neighbors, and they would alert us in case of Life/Death 'indicators' going down at the House. You can't force Adults to leave, or be Institutionally committed. The ole 'where else has he got to go' BS from Mommy. Enabling 101. He was tossed from the Military after hitting an Officer. Somehow, The World always 'owed' him.

Sooo, they all invaded our first House. Mebbe some attempt at a Family Holiday. I've repressed it all. Nonstop Conflict. Put on Eggs to boil at 2 AM, and let the Pan boil dry. Gawdawful smell bad enough to wake the dead. Or, the Hammered, in my case. Tried to start a Fire in the Basement Fireplace. Almost torched the Joint.

I have my limits. Came Home from Work, and the 'unique' acrid smell of burning Lacquer hit my Nostrils. As did ~120 Decibels of Audio. Mister TwatWaffle had my Studio Monitor Speakers turned up beyond their limit. Lil Lamps on the Front Panels let you know they're being overloaded. Speaker Voice Coils were scorching. No Guns in the House back then, fortunately.

After I was done crying from pure Rage, I told him to pack. Immediately drove him to a CheapAzz Motel near Denver Airport and left him. Finally severed all contact with him some Years later. ILs would call, and report his latest goings-on from their Basement. Upset MesaMate to no end. Only StoicMon, here, kept our Marriage intact. Simply stating The Truth here. Not bragging whatsoever. This is the Cliff Notes version. Try resolving these Issues from ~1,200 Miles away.

Proving there are Cosmic Forces, he had moved out come time to pack up their trashed Detroit Suburb Bungalow, and move them both to a Boulder Nursing Home. That Cash Burn Rate was over $7,000/Month. He ruined their Health. No question. This might have been the start of my escalated Drinking. My bad 'Coping', to be sure. No excuses offered...

This Family Boot Camp trained me to solve intractable Int'l Problems. That paid well enough for me to Retire, and start really Drinking, at age 48.

When the schitte that makes you Use/Drink is eliminated at the most fundamental level, I believe one has a much better chance at Sobriety. I can't emphasize this belief enough. You don't throw Ethanol at problems that don't exist anymore.

That which does not kill you does - indeed - make you stronger.

'No one takes advantage of you without your permission' ~ Columnist Ann Landers ~