Notices

No doubt Weekender March 11 part 2

Old 03-14-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

'...but I cannot help but wonder where the young women seem to get the money for some of their togs'.

I believe I posted and linked one possible answer to this question over the Weekend.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
You didn't want to stick around and tell him he's doing it wrong?
Oh I would have been happy to, but sadly work called! He has sent me lots of photos of it so I approve lol
Old 03-14-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Oh, yes, I do recall that, Mesa!
Old 03-14-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Sugar babies! That's right.... Yes......
I mean that's sleazy!!!!
Old 03-14-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I remember piers morgan & suzanna reid arguing about that on ITV one morning Sao he was saying he dresses up while Suzanna said I have no problem going in my jammies lol
Hmm that would mean I agree with Piers Morgan

Agree with Piers Morgan. ..

Does not compute
Does not compute
Does not compute
Systems failing
Does not comzzzzzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!
Old 03-14-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I recently saw a Pic that caused me major Giggles.

2nd Row. Far left Pic. With MesaMate's favorite Show on the Display: The Good Wife. The Gent shown was also 'Mr. Big', I kinda recall, on Sex In The City. Astute Pundits, here, can correct me...

- Redneck TV Stands -

So many Rednecks. So much time...
Old 03-14-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I just tried to edit my last post... waited too long.... I hope the forum police don't get after me...

Mesa, This your mailbox?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
mailbox.jpg (54.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-14-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Most of the people in our lives we cannot explain. For instance, we don't know how or why we ended up with the family we did. We just did. We woke up one day to our mom, to our dad, to our brother and sister, (to a hamster, and maybe to some goldfish). It's family; and however it may be, whatever shape it may take, it's what we have. We float through life knowing that these are the constants, the standing pillars that will forever be present to us, in some way or another.

My family is an interesting one. Constantly evolving, my family unit has not always been easy to endure. There has been divorce, girlfriends, boyfriends, difficult mom, deaths, births, marriages, unknown aunts arriving out of the woodwork and never a settled moment. And so for me, and perhaps for most of us, the best way we survive our families is to step outside of the unit we've been bestowed in order to find our friends. Those precious people that make up our second home away from home, our family of choice, and our source of solidarity in this mixed up world.

I used to be a generally cheerful person. I’m usually full of love, life, and happiness. I opened my eyes in the morning and feel excited to be alive.
Now there was a time, though, when it’s not so easy. After my Grandmother passed (my support, my strength, my light and my guide), when blinking and breathing and speaking all took so much effort that I thought I may as well give up: I was in a dark hole of sadness and anger and confusion.
I didn’t think I was gonna make it.

Tonight I posted an update on Facebook about being lonely and I was INUNDATED with messages.
Most of my friends at the moment are people I only see online. It's not that I don't want to have friends who live near me; in fact, I'd give my eye teeth (does anybody know what those actually are?) to have more friends here. But if there is one thing I've learned since my move last year, it is that if you are a 30-something, full-time employee, part-time writer and all-the-time daughter, it is impossible to find the time to go join into the myriad of activities it takes to make new friends "in real life".
Every time I go online to hang out with my awesome online friends, I am bashed over the head by some article decrying the negative effects social media and virtual lives are having on us. You know what? I say BULLSH*T. So what if some of my friends are online? Here are my top six reasons why online friends are just as good as the gals down the street.

6 Reasons Why Online Friends Are the Best:
1. I can pick and choose the amazing people I want to keep in my life without needing to cap them with a 50-mile radius... which is great, as I find that my broadband gets much better miles per gallon than my father’s Honda.
2. I can talk to my friends ANYTIME I want. I have a hard time remembering my one-item grocery list, so I really appreciate being able to send a little note whenever I think of something funny to say. I'm pretty sure my friends equally appreciate getting to hear the joke before I forget the punchline.
3. I can hang out with them in my pajamas. OK, truth be told, I also hang out with my local friends in my PJs sometimes, but only with online friends can I do it 100% of the time without fearing repercussions.
4. I can equally *not* hang out with them anytime I want and no one gets upset. "Yesterday? Oh, I was so busy with work that I didn't have time to check on Facebook. Sorry about that!" is a perfectly acceptable excuse, no offense taken.
5. I can tell them ANYTHING. I find that cyber wall to be more effective than the screen in the confessional. It is incredibly freeing to be able to complain or confess or whine or whatever to a bunch of people who have never met and probably never will meet my family/coworkers/local friends/etc. It's a lot cheaper than a therapist, that's for sure.
6. It is a wide, wide world filled with wildly hilarious, deeply passionate and incredibly caring individuals. Thanks to social media, I get to interact with all of them.
So what if all of my friends are online.? I fall asleep chuckling with the Americans and Canadians and wake up commiserating with people in Europe and Asia. This is one of the greatest blessings technology has bestowed upon my life... the chance to meet people who walk parallel paths to my own. If you can't see this for the blessing that it is, maybe, just maybe, the problem is with you.
So thank you all my beloved friends.

(Some of this is from an article I found online but it sums things up quite well).
Old 03-14-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

A quiet moment on High Street today.

Hopefully I will get some quiet moments this week.

St Patrick's Day is always mental and for me, town will be a place to avoid.
Attached Images
Old 03-14-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Thinking about wearing my pyjamas to class reminded me of of one semester.
I had a 90 min class called " law, politics the judicial process"
Omg was it boring, and so long! It was in winter and the class room was always so hot.
I would nod off sometimes and there were other students outright sleeping haha
You know things are bad when the insomniac starts nodding off
Old 03-14-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Js,
Do they teach you this stuff in school? Or did you find out when you got there and was sent home?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
pjscourt.jpg (22.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-14-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hee hee...

Closer than you might have guessed, LBrain.

We opted for no Mailbox ~3/4ths of Mile up at the nearest County Street. We got a secure P.O. Box in Town instead.

'Kids' around here still get highed-up, and drive around with Baseball Bats to bash in Mailboxes. Meanwhile, my crazy Drunk p/t Neighbor with 5 DUIs is not above Identity Theft. That same Neighbor who emptied a 10 Bullet Clip 'in my general direction' to send me a Message that us moving to our 80 Acres was 'not appreciated'. That Stoned Mailbox above would have been my kinda Mailbox implementation, fo sho.

I heard the local Sheriff some Years ago on Public Radio. Tweakers snag Bags of Shredded Docs set out Curbside for Trash Pickup, or at Recycling Dropoff. While scorched all night, they use Tweezers to put back together Credit Card Bills, etc., to then execute I.D. Theft. Order stuff from stolen Info. Send it back for Cash to finance their Habit, or get some Household Item on my Credit Card.

No Tanks...

Ohhhh, thanks for that Pictoral Reminder. Tonight's the Night to call in to see if I'm on - starting tomorrow - for Jury Duty. If it's a Drug Case, 'fessin' up to my own Boozing should get me excused. Not that I want to be excused, actually. I do plan to be brutally honest in my answers when queried at Jury Qualification. The exception: I'll lie like a Rug if it's a Female/Child, or Animal Abuse Case.

Should be a trip, I figger...
Old 03-14-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Happy Pi Day!
Old 03-14-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Js,
Do they teach you this stuff in school? Or did you find out when you got there and was sent home?
Haha! Sent home naturally!
Old 03-14-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Happy Pi Day!
I totally forgot about that. I did have to recall the fraction for 'e' today. And it is interesting that I was reading some dweeb mathematician with nothing better to do than critique the way Euclid presented the 5 platonic solids... even though he was correct, he didn't prove it, then there was supposition that maybe he died before he finished "publishing" everything in the last book... reminds me of captain kirk "get a life"

Why yes, yes you are the geek of the week...

Which reminds me, from you all discussing Galaxy Quest, I watched it. Now here is the funny part. I somehow missed the first ten minutes of it so I had to wind it back - it's digital we don't rewind? - and when they were in the limo and the girl said something in her 'native language' her translator device was not working, I almost pissed myself laughing. It wouldn't have been funny at all not knowing that. I'm laughing now.... best part of the movie, and yes, I cried at the end.... such a heartwarming ending...
Old 03-14-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

good night everybody, my time is up...
Old 03-14-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Night brain.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple, it makes bacon. ... That's magic, or the most successful recycling program ever"
Jim Gaffigan
Old 03-14-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I get really annoyed.
My brother is here again.
He stays here on and off when he fights with his girlfriend etc.
He has a room here.
In April it will be 2 years that he stays here on and off.
In 2 years he's not given me one nickel for rent or bills, he also doesn't buy groceries ( though he buys treats for himself and hides them in his room)
Sometimes he'll bring home dinner.
He will use dishes, pick his own out of the sink and wash those, but leave any others that might be in there.
He comes and goes as he pleases- it was annoying before, but now its really getting on my nerves.
I'm sick and I just don't want to deal with it.
I've asked him for money to stay here ( or at least keep his stuff here) he always says he doesn't have it ( for two years- yet orders custom shirts from hong kong and buys his girlfriend diamond jewelry)
When he comes here she calls him incessantly so I have to listen to talking and the phone ringing until 3 am.
Its ludicrous because his girlfriend drives a BMW, he wears custom tailored clothes and they are 15& 22 years older than me.
I guess I keep hoping it'll just stop.

I know I have to put an end to it eventually I just dread it.
This is just a rant I suppose.
I know what I should do, I just keep putting it off.
I should've put an end to this right at the start, but there were mitigating circumstances ( my mother)
Ugh.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I want something sweet but don't have anything here and don't feel like going to the store.

Guess I'll have to be satisfied with the sweet ladies here.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

(((Jen)))
Maybe he'd take the hint if you change the locks. Who am I kidding.