Notices

ICDBs Accountability Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Success. I called the doc rather than procrastinate more, and scheduled a few other appointments I've been putting off. Hopefully next week I can get some answers.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 04-09-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Today is day 60.

Looking forward to a day of getting caught up around the house, reading a bit of a new book, random family time... Going with the flow of the day :-)

And today I will not drink.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Today is 61.

Feeling a bit under the weather. Spent the majority of yesterday resting. More of the same on tap for today. Trying to find a balance. Next weekend starts a series of hosting different people for kids birthday events and I need to prep for that and get the house in order. My default reaction is anxiety for that but I started writing a plan yesterday and things always work out. It will all be good. Not the ideal time to be sick ... But in the other hand at least I'm sick now rather than next weekend. Is what it is.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Today is day 62.

Despite a migraine i got quite a bit accomplished... Except the big thing looming overhead, which is the taxes. I've never put them off this late, but alas they will get done.

I did cook a bunch of food for myself for the work week, which I hope will help my body get a bit back in balance. And despite procrastination about several things I did get ahead on several others. Baby steps :-)

Old 04-11-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ICanDoBetter View Post
Today is day 62.

Despite a migraine i got quite a bit accomplished... Except the big thing looming overhead, which is the taxes. I've never put them off this late, but alas they will get done.

I did cook a bunch of food for myself for the work week, which I hope will help my body get a bit back in balance. And despite procrastination about several things I did get ahead on several others. Baby steps :-)

I can relate. I am sober, but seem to be in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment. Ironically, I do have my taxes done, first time in 4 years I haven't filed an extension. I agree on the baby steps (and priorities). Remain sober, and at the ready. That's my motto right now.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Today is day 63.

Busy busy as usual. Migraine still hasn't relented, swamped at work, seeing the doc today. I have made some steps to ease my calendar - growth for me to acknowledge that while it all works on paper, my body and mind may not be able to keep up, and that's okay.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Well the doc was kind enough to offer a shot to hopefully help this migraine subside. I think it's slowly starting to work though I had to jump right into work craziness twenty minutes later.

Hopefully bloodwork is back by end of week to shed some light on this darned fatigue, which ultimately leads to me not exercising which leads to my stress which results in the migraine.. Total domino effect.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm reading a book on migraines by Oliver Sacks I hope you feel better ICDB
Old 04-12-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Do you get the aura thing as well, ICDB? I only get that, not the headache, but it still bothers me. I need to lie in a dark place without noise until it passes.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Not so much aura but I've seen white flashes of light before with them. Last night I finally was able to lay down at 8 pm - I made a cocoon with a pillow over my head/eyes. My face was literally the only thing exposed. I slept 10 hours and still woke up with the headache.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Hope you feel better soon.
thanks. Me, too 😄
Old 04-12-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

I empathise believe me ICDB - hope you feel better

D
Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Today is day 64.

So I've been feeling pretty lousy lately physically. I'm trying to get to the root cause. And I'd be lying if I'm starting to wonder if I felt this lousy all along but it was simply masked by the increase in drinking. I can't pinpoint when my drinking drastically increased but I'd say it was for the last 6-12 months. I'm wondering this because there is a part of my brain saying "heck if you feel this lousy sober, why not just drink." I won't drink, I know that is not an option. But I am getting kind of tired of feeling so lousy. I'm going to grin and bare it and keep hoping I turn the corner soon or that there's an easy answer from the doc in the cause. I don't have time to feel lousy, darnit 😃

Old 04-13-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ICanDoBetter View Post
I'm wondering this because there is a part of my brain saying "heck if you feel this lousy sober, why not just drink." I won't drink, I know that is not an option. But I am getting kind of tired of feeling so lousy. I'm going to grin and bare it and keep hoping I turn the corner soon or that there's an easy answer from the doc in the cause. I don't have time to feel lousy, darnit 😃

Be careful with your AV. Don't let it be masked by "your brain".

I really doubt that drinking will help the migraine.

Keep strong! You are don't great. I get weird migraines where I lose my vision. It's so scary. I hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
Be careful with your AV. Don't let it be masked by "your brain". I really doubt that drinking will help the migraine. Keep strong! You are don't great. I get weird migraines where I lose my vision. It's so scary. I hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.
agreed it won't help. I'm not going to listen to that part of the brain that could lead me astray.

Ok - dumb question - I get what AV implies from all the threads I read. But have never confirmed what it actually stands for. Is it alcoholic voice?
Old 04-13-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 60 days!!!!!!
That damn AV put me into meltdown mode
a couple days ago.; birthday besides; at 38 days.
I know where you're coming from.
Hang tough. You got this.
AV= Addictive Voice; ie:, any thinking, planning on using ever again.
Squash it.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

addictive voice

D
Old 04-13-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
addictive voice D
well that makes sense :-). I think I have more than an addictive voice - it's like a choir, lol