Notices

ICDBs Accountability Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this ICDB rooting for you on exam day x
Old 04-01-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks - I'm a bundle of tired and nervous energy . This feels much like running a race. In training you start when you are ready ... On event day you are forced to be patient and wait and then "ban" start time is upon you.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Oh, i'm also psyched to start a new puzzle after this. Finished my last one last weekend and wouldn't let myself start the next til after the exam, to make sure I focused on studying as much as possible. 😊. That and a pedicure are my planned rewards once this is done.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Do your best

Find a quiet corner and shake it off try a breathing exercise it will really help

Deep Breathing Instructions for Calming Panic

3 Anxiety Breathing Techniques You Can Practice*Anywhere - Self help for anxiety - Anxiety Slayer

A breathing exercise that calms panic attacks.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by ICanDoBetter View Post
Oh, i'm also psyched to start a new puzzle after this. Finished my last one last weekend and wouldn't let myself start the next til after the exam, to make sure I focused on studying as much as possible. 😊. That and a pedicure are my planned rewards once this is done.
This is awesomeness ICDB you lady are pure awesome
Old 04-02-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Do your best

You lady are awesome & you passed the test congratulations
Old 04-02-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Today is day 53.

Slowly recovering from the chaos and stress of the last few weeks. Went out last evening with a friend for dinner and pedi's, then came home and enjoyed a hot fudge sundae :-). Need to get caught up on a bunch of house cleaning today... But at the moment am content to juts think about it ... It'll get done eventually.

And today I will not drink.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 04-02-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks sw 😊
Old 04-03-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Today is day 54.

Have a long day on tap in what will undoubtedly be a loud and crowded gymnasium. Guessing I'll be a little flustered by later in the day but working on a plan for that.

Started my new puzzle yesterday... The last one I did was a very challenging one in all muted colors.. This one is full of bright and varying colors so will be a nice change of pace.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great x
Old 04-04-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Today is day 55.

Thinking this morning on the way to the gym (feels good to be settling back to my normal routine) about springtime. I love spring, the change of season, emergence of flowers and tree bids, al the beautiful colors that start to refill the landscape as the days get longer and the sky is more often blue than gray.

I also think of how spring is such a busy time in our house. In my house alone there are three birthdays this month, and with our extended family two parent birthdays and a niece, plus Easter is typically in the mix. It's always chaotic and crazy but for the right reasons.

But spring has also become a time of emotional juxtaposition for me. My mother faced the end of her fight against cancer during the spring months, during all of those happy events including her birthday and Mother's Day, soon after which she passed. Through the first year after the passing of a loved one you think if the firsts that you experience without them... But now in this second spring without her I can't help but be reminded of all of the lasts. I'm thankful for every moment I was able to spend with her and wish there had been more, but As she told me "yes, this stinks but it's here and we have to deal with it." My mother was an amazingly strong and wise woman though quiet and reserved around most ... She continues to be a daily inspiration and I hope that I can continue to make her proud of me and my decisions.

And in keeping with eternally increasing my number of days, today I will not drink.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

That was very beautiful ICDB
Old 04-04-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
That was very beautiful ICDB
thanks 😊
Old 04-04-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I posted in response to someone's inquiry of whether one would decide to drink if you knew it was your last supper and their were zero repercussions. Wanted to copy my response here so I can find it later.
~~~~~
Depending on your beliefs that last meal is only that in your current and present body, and while your death pains those you have left behind, you are moving on to a happier and more rewarding place ... I'm not sure those are my beliefs, though they were my mothers. I never saw her drink a drop of alcohol - she quit before I was born because as she told me she feared she would become an alcoholic. And even as she faced ceasing treatment, she didn't choose to drink ... Because then she couldn't say it had been X days since her last drink. So while I'm not sure those are my beliefs it does give me great comfort in thinking she is in yet a better place... And I want to follow her example and only be able to increase my number of days for an eternity.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Today is day 56.

Twelve or so years ago I discovered the phrase and branding of "Life is good". My friend had some things with the phrase on it and I thought it was silly until the day it resonated with me. Basically the acknowledgement that you have the choice to determine the perspective that you choose about situations... And your reaction to events. Regardless of anything that happens you always have a choice. Sometimes you just have to think harder and dig deeper to acknowledge what those voices are.

So many years ago when asked what I wanted for Christmas I didn't have a lot of ideas and had told my mother that I wanted Life is Good merchandise. I think I got a travel mug with the logo, etc. but more special is the sign that my mother made. It isn't the trademarked company image. Rather she designed and made a sign that simply states 'life is good" in bold letters and in colors that fit with our decor.

Though we have moved to a new house the sign still hangs on the wall. As I look at it now I appreciate the thought that went into the simplicity of the design.

Life can be crazy, chaotic, stressful, emotional... Life is full of a broad range of emotions from happiness to sadness to anger to depression... And everywhere in between. But at the end of the day... No matter what, there is always something positive to be drawn from the day and experience because life is indeed good.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:08 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Today is day 57.

In the doldrums a bit but well aware of it and the cause. Tomorrow would have been my mother's birthday so it's a rough patch. Have a plan in place - I will visit the cemetery at lunch, something I don't do terribly often though I 'talk' to Mom quite a bit. In the evening my brother have plans to remember and celebrate her.

On the positive side, I've noticed within the last week that I'm being a bit more decisive about things effecting my personal hike. I'm not belaboring making decisions about things that are stressing me - it's quite liberating to "decide to decide", take action, and then leave the stressor behind. I'm loving it :-)

Old 04-07-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Today is day 58.

Thinking a lot about my mother today. I am hoping to visit the cemetery this afternoon and talk to her, and then I have a plan in place for the evening to celebrate her birthday with my brother.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 04-08-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Today is day 59.

I was originally to be going on a hiking trip this weekend but due to cold weather it was postponed. I'm ok with that, given my recent fatigue and chaos - I could use both the "free day" at work to get caught up and the downtime to rest this weekend.

I'm going to call the doc today to get an appointment to discuss this ongoing fatigue. Something has seemed off kilter for a few weeks and time to quit procrastinating about making the appointment. (I'm a really good procrastinator :-) ). I definitely have a lot on my mind lately but having it exhaust me to this extent physically doesn't seem normal or acceptable.