Notices

You Are Here! Weekender Feb 26...

Old 02-25-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Just reading along still. Day 3 coming to an end. Ready for 4. Day 4, official start of my weekend. I can do this. The support here is great!
Old 02-25-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I adulted so hard today- library, bank, dmv, post office, currency exchange, grocery shopping. Weird as much as I resist all that only took about 4 hours.

I had spicy tuna rolls and lots of wonderful salad bar stuff with marinated mozz, cucumbers, hard boiled eggs, sunflower seeds, etc. And a quart of chopped up fresh fruit to nibble on. All very good.

I'm not getting off this couch again today. Unless a hot guy wants to hang out. I could make an exception for the wrong guy
Old 02-25-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Old 02-25-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

You can do this GoingNowhere. This is an exciting time. Not only you but the rest of the world benefits when we get sober. Stay close this weekend.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

If you got past 3 days goingnowhere then you're past the worst
Old 02-25-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Better late than never - i'm in

Welcome to Weekenders GoingNowhere, piggin

I have had a long, busy day today but the best thing about it was Weasel's opening post -"you are here" New or old we are going through the same thing so post how you are feeling before picking up that first drink
Old 02-25-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I'm home again for dinner, i don't know what the hell I'm doing today, I have tons of stuff to do and I've worked about 1 hour.
I'm going be at work until 2 am at this rate ( seriously)
The cleaners have finished all the properties, but I got check them before I drop off the keys at the leasing agency.
Every time I have to fix things, just depends how much...... Sometimes it ends up being 3 hours, sometimes 7-8, and I never know until I get there
Old 02-25-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Ok..... Gonna try this again
Going back to work.
And why don't I ever keep any sugar in this house!!! There is none, ever.
I'm an idiot, I need treats.
The only sugar here is a banana and strawberries.
7-11 here I come.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hey Sao. Glad you're onboard. Your online voice sounds worn out.

I'm overheating on the train and can't wait to get off into the cold air. Train is running late due to equipment problems with another train. I'll have to rush getting kids at my parents before my hair appointment
Old 02-25-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I dislike being trusted with large sums of other people's money.
Today my manager handed me two envelopes - one with €1400 and one with €35. He told me to lodge €1395 into one account and put the €5 left over with the €35 and lodge the €40 at another bank. I said 'fine' and set off.
So I joined the queue at Bank of Ireland and waited my turn, to be told by the cashier "sorry I don’t do lodgements. You have to use a machine downstairs and my colleague will show you".
So I went downstairs and asked the guy if I could get change for a €50? The response was "sorry we don't give change". At a bank?
So I said as a joke "well what should I do? Go to a shop and ask for change?" He replied "yes and come back when you get it" and walked off.
I was stunned at the rudeness actually.
So I went to three different shops until an elderly man at a newsagents gave me change for a €50.
So much for the financial services.
They want the huge salaries but for the customer to do all the work themselves.
Bank of Ireland are a crowd of idiots!
OK...rant over!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

hmmmmmmmmm, there is an app that I can take a picture of a check and deposit it into an account here... I wonder if I took a picture of some 100 dollar bills and deposited them would it work... worth a try?

roast was smashingly good... tastes way better than store bought anything.
Mrs "purchased" war and peace on blue ray. told me I was going to watch it with her. Um, is that the war and peace like the book? exactly... can't wait...

GoingNowhere, it seems to me like you are going somewhere... to Soberville. Just don't get off at any undesirable stops along the way. We'll all meet you there.

Js, I had a bowl of sugar for years. Never used it. Finally dumped it. Haven't used sugar since I can remember. Now honey is a different story. I put a spoonful of honey in my oats every morning.

Last edited by LBrain; 02-25-2016 at 05:10 PM. Reason: sugar
Old 02-25-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I have a spoonful of local raw honey every night before bed. I swear it helps me sleep!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I like a small amount of granola in milk or half and half, with some frozen mango pieces on top. Great bedtime snack.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Yum!!! How did your surgery go? I hope you are recovering well
Old 02-25-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

It went 'smoothly' according to my surgeon. I'm doing great. I'm now at six weeks. Started chewing just a couple of days ago! I'm regaining feeling in my lip and chin, too.

It was rough the first few days. And there was some pain but mostly discomfort. Sleeping was hard. I took pain meds for about 3-4 weeks.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Yay, SoberP! I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I hope to see a pic of your new jawline if ever you decide to show us. That was a big deal and I'm glad you're on the mend.

I am going to a couple AA meetings in a minute here. There's an 8:30 and then a 10 at the same place. Starbucks nearby so I can get a tea for the half hour break between.

Why go to one meeting when you can go to two bc alkie thinking, ha!

I have been very squirrelly since I quit my job last Thursday and I am done with the interviews I had and I've relaxed ALOT and I've got some stuff done, too. I don't know what it is but I have something I'm trying to shake here. A cloud, a bad feeling, I don't know. It could be plain old insecurity about finding employment.

I don't know what it is but when I go there my first thought is meetings and to find a therapist.

It's making me fixate a little too much on the frequency of Sober Chef's texts and over analyzing the contents, etc. There are patterns of thinking arising that remind me of the drama filled insecure active alcoholic that did everything but just DEAL with life on life's terms. I can do better than that, guys. So I'm gonna go with our tribe and listen to them and try to get over myself.

Have I told you guys lately that I love you? Cuz I do.

Super xoxoxo to Della for the raw local honey. That is awesome!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I think that is very insightful of you Melina. I tend to over analyze guys and then I draw back because I think I am still after a year still to messed up for a relationship.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I think that is very insightful of you Melina. I tend to over analyze guys and then I draw back because I think I am still after a year still to messed up for a relationship.
I hear you, sister. I want to jump to the we've been dating exclusively for six months mark right away so it can be pajamas, movies, food and couch. And no wondering if he's on tinder and okcupid and texting girls and bla bla bla.

Just feed me, cuddle me and don't talk to other girls. Dang it.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

This weekend I learned that if you don't read the label (or have sufficient language skills to do so in a foreign country) of the laxatives you take you may have a very long and bad night.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I thought sober chef was "too nice" and not dysfunctional enough Melina
Did I miss something? Have you come to your senses