Notices

You Are Here! Weekender Feb 26...

Old 02-25-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Behan ~

'If you are struggling, visualise the cat-o-9-tails whipping your AV into submission'!!!

I'm here to Testify this works. On all kinda Life Challenges! Pictoral Proof not available, regrettably, due to Site Restrictions...

Man, many thanks for that Clapton Link, Lunar. I had that one cranked so loud just now, the Cooling Fans on my Modd'ed KiloWatt Hafler Amp kicked on. I know you're a Tube_u_lar Gent. I've got Schematics, but this ex-Ham Radio Geek hasn't gotten around to building Tube Amps yet. Or, a Theremin...

Hearing that Song again helped assuage my Music PTSD a bit. We listened to that Clapton CD seemingly nonstop at Phys Therapy 3x/Week at 6 AM while trying to get over agonizing Whiplash via pumping Iron. Our Lawyer said that 2 of his Clients sucked on .45s to escape the Pain. Indescribable. As tough as Sobering up was, I'm not sure it was any tougher than beating Whiplash over ~2 Years. Mebbe Whiplash Recovery helped form my intense Fortitude come time to get Sober.

- 'Over The Rainbow' ~ Theremin Version -
Old 02-25-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm afraid I'm turing into a vegetarian!! I don't want to, but all I ever want is fruit and vegetables!
Can still handle some chicken and fish though.
Maybe a weekday vegetarian and eat meat on weekends, I don't think I could ever give meat up completely.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I'm afraid I'm turing into a vegetarian!! I don't want to, but all I ever want is fruit and vegetables!
Can still handle some chicken and fish though.
Come to Chicago. I'll make you a ribeye and we can go hunting for inappropriate mens. I have lots of good sources.

xoxo
Old 02-25-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Where's LBrain when we need some One Liners?

In other News, I whipped up some tasty Fondue last night. Cheese mix. Black Pepper. Garlic. Fresh ground Nutmeg. And, yes, a splash of Marsala that I ensured an Alcohol cook off of. I rarely add Wine, and I treat it like I'm handling TNT or sumptin'. Very carefully. Lawdy, the smell knocked me back. Smelled like Nail Polish Remover to me. That's a good thing...

I got Home w/all Ingredients post-Dog Park, only to find we had no Fondue Pot 'Heat'. No Fluid. No Sterno. Nuffin'. So, I mod'ded a Camping 2 Burner Cook 'Top' given to us by safely connecting it to a Portable Gas Grill Propane Line. Brought that Set-up inside, with a BBQ Propane Tank after Leak Testing it outside. Put it on the Dining Room Table w/Padding, and ate well with a large Fire Extinguisher at my side. 'Shrooms. Shrimp. Fresh Bread. Strawberries. Ginger Beer.

Tacky, but tasty. Kinda of my Mantra these Days...
Old 02-25-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I can't tell you all how glad I am for this thread. I'm really struggling today, day 3 of withdrawal and it's just nice to see it can get normal. I never want to go through this again.
Not meaning to bring the thread mood down, just appreciate that it exists!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Come to Chicago. I'll make you a ribeye and we can go hunting for inappropriate mens. I have lots of good sources.

xoxo
This sounds like a very good vacation!!!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
I can't tell you all how glad I am for this thread. I'm really struggling today, day 3 of withdrawal and it's just nice to see it can get normal. I never want to go through this again.
No! Don't worry about bringing the mood down! That's why we're here!
That's why I credit this thread to being the main thing that keeps me sober.
I saw that it gets nice and normal after being sober and life is great!
I just copied what others were doing - down to cooking the same meals others were making haha ( actually I still do that)
I have brains breakfast and I'm making vegetarian chili this weekend thanks to behan.

Post as much as you want about whatever you want.
Xoxo
Old 02-25-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Clever mesa!! I just would've been mad I couldn't make what I wanted and got something else!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
Not bringing the thread down at all. Us knowing your not drinking and spending time here brings everyone up! All of us have been there.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I hope I feel like cooking again soon, I'm pretty good at it. These last couple of days and maybe the next few will just be prepared packaged salads, some veggies, microwave soup, anything easy!

I've read over and over on here how eating is important in these early days even when you don't feel like it. It really is SO true. While I can't say I'm feeling anywhere near good, I do feel a little calmer and focused when I eat. Lunch is done, I think I ate too much, but better than drinking!

Last edited by MovingForward1; 02-25-2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Foggy headed grammar mistakes
Old 02-25-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

no Ruby, it ain't warm enough for gardening here... I went for the lime to put it down before we got 2 feet of snow but they 'didn't have it'... turns out they had it on a pallet in back and didn't know how to 'display it' or what is was for ?????
I needed to put the second treatment of lime on my grass/soil... before it gets too warm to drop some more seeds... and when it is warm enough to start working the garden, the bed should have already been prepped...
picked up some beet and turnip seed among others... doing 'snow peas' this year instead of regular peas... got to start getting my grid ready...

and I didn't want a garden this year...

when I passed a field on the way home it looked like a foot of snow had fallen over about 40 acres...
it looked like this on the way down

got my leeks ready to puree... thinking about growing leeks this year...
Old 02-25-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

GoingNowhere ~

'I never want to go through this again'.

BAM! And, there ^ is the huge incentive to pull it off this time. I felt much better at about 1 Week in ~2 Years ago. As in, Life-changing better. You're ~1/2 way there to that first Week Benchmark. Stick it! By that Phrase - used when Gymnasts don't hop when landing - I mean nail it this time. You can do this!

Since I'm all Coffee'd up this Morning, lemme tell you a few Stories. 3 fairly-new Pals from our Local Dog Park.

1. N****. A local Steak House Waitress. Nice Couple. She & Live-in J** have been Married about 7 Years. Lived several places. Turns out she wants a Kid. He doesn't. So, they decided to amicably split recently. She drops about 40 lbs. I've seen her w/glistening Eyes at the Dog Park, and I know they both 'hit it' at the end of their Work Shirt at Night. Mainly Wine.

She lets her Vehicle Tags expire, and gets a possible DUI - fo sho DWAI - as a result when she gets pulled over. Won't blow a Road-side. Opts for a Blood Test. Well, when you won't Blow The Bag - and demand a Blood Test - what used to be a 1 Year License Suspension is now a 2 Year Mandatory License Suspension. As it's been told to me...

She was all set to move out from her Live-In, and had another House all Rented. Was looking to Artificially Inseminate. Told me Months ago all about her Breast Reduction Surgery, so I guess I look harmless in person, eh? Even though I told her I could arrange a 'Donation' if she wanted to pop out a Scottish KId w/a known Drinking problem! No Dice. Now, all her Life Plans are on hold. After Attorney Fees; mandatory Alcohol Classes; and all that, she's out ~$10,000 that she don't have.

2. Handyman N***. After Dinner at this local ***** Tonk, and a few Beers, he helped resolve a rowdy Patron 'Crisis' by easing the Guy out the Door, and into the Parking Lot. The appreciative Bartender bought him a Shot. Crown, or something like that. He gets pulled over, and blew a 0.089 Road-side. 0.08+ is a DUI. He's also out about $10,000. I'm employing him at the going Rate of $10-/Hour for Staining House Porch Beams, and doing all kinda 'stuff' I've done alone for too long. It's a Win - Win. He makes it up most Days; except for Alcohol Class Days. Which he 'gets' to pay $25-/each for. 2.5 Hours of work around the House, here, for 1 Weekly Class. Hot Dog! His DUI from 25 Years ago was not properly dismissed, apparently. It was still on his Record, and counted against him come time to Plea this DUI. Due to this weird 'spike' on his BAC Test Readout, his Attorney believes there was Alcohol trapped under his Upper Denture. A State Agency reviewing his Case recommended Dismissal, because the BAC Results were so weird. Didn't matter. Nailed him.

3. Our Stamped Concrete Porch Contractor ***. Ran into him at the Dog Park. He was there looking at a Gal Breeder's Dobermans. Gorgeous. His GF kicked him to the Curb, and kept his last Dobie. So, he wanted to replace it. He did. Then, he got a DUI on his Motorcycle. Claimed it took only 3 Beers. He's out - wait for it - $10,000. I'm not positive, but I think the mandatory License Suspension is 3 Months for the first DUI. He called me yesterday; very anxious to get on with Phase II of our Concrete Pour around here.

Blowing a >0.08 BAC anymore appears to be very easy. Just in this Circle Of Nice Folks, I'm seeing 3 Lives - how you say - Fornicated Over! The 3rd DUI here in Colorado is now a Felony, with Jail time. My nutso, violent p/t Drunk Neighbor has 5 DUIs, but all before the prior toughened Laws.

Them's my Stories, and I'm sticking to it! Hang with us, here!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Going Nowhere, I find cooking therapeutic. Besides doing something for yourself, it is a great diversion - something to do to use up time.
Bagged salads are great, pick up some radishes and carrots, shave the carrots into the salad, and cherry tomatoes etc...
get yourself some cans of tuna - packed in water please. Toss a can of tuna into a salad, I do it often. Instant good meal. Low cal dressing if you must... peppercorn ranch or something... and hot pepper rings - always.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I need to get some hot pepper rings next grocery shop.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks for the stories, it's crazy how prevalent it is. How I escaped a DUI, I don't know, but I'm not willing to ever chance it again!

On the cooking note, I'll get back to it, just needed some easy stuff these first few days. I can't wait to post on Weekender thread about some great meals!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I am also a nice person whose life is "fornicated over" by DUI's. My next (which ain't gonna happen) would be a felony. I won't tell the stories of how I got them - I drank, I drove, I got caught. I went a long time feeling like a very bad person due to these major lapses in judgement. It still stings. But - every day sober means another day towards putting those things so far in the past that they won't haunt every waking moment. This approach works for whatever it is you feel bad about in the past. Keep stacking up the sober days. Live simply and honestly. Try hard to do no harm to yourself or others. Time does heal.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

You're doing great, goingnowhere! The first days are tough but you are getting through them. Stick with us and get plenty of rest, eat healthy food, and drink lots of water. Before you know it the days will add up and you'll be feeling better.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Love that pig.

What are hot pepper rings? They sound tasty.

I bought chipotle black bean burgers and quinoa. I'm thinking I can chew the burgers cause they're kind of soft, and I can just swallow the quinoa.

Everyone ready for the weekend?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
If you are struggling, visualise the cat-o-9-tails whipping your AV into submission!!!
Glad I'm not struggling, my AV might like that.
Guess I should be careful not to wake him.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening gang