Notices

Guiltless Weekender Feb 12

Old 02-11-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good luck with The Revenant, Brain. I put it on my "glad I saw it" list, but it was a hard movie for me to sit through. Just really needlessly long, I thought. The cinematography really is stunning, though, and it's gripping. Just could have been about a half hour shorter. After you see it, Google Hugh Glass. They definitely took LOTS of liberties with the story.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I consider myself less wholesome also. And I'm really okay with that.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Brain the revenant is filmed here where I live, so please think of me
Old 02-11-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I'm OK with slightly less than wholesome.

We're sitting around watching cartoons and waiting for sandwiches to be delivered. Mr. Ruby's lack of any action whatsoever has extended to cooking.

The 12 year old dryer repair kid says it's the coils and it'll be $130 to fix. Go for it, kid! Geez he looks like a baby.

Brain, how about Pride & Prejudice & Zombies? A nice bit of apocalyptic comedy.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

thanks MLD, I said to her I don't think I could sit through a 2.5 hour movie. And she said, "SO WHAT!" end quotes...
I had to read your google.... twice, I saw huge ass first time...
pretty soon I won't have to google it at all, just look around the house...

haven't seen BIM around. I thought of you today Bim when I read an article in Economist about penguin like birds dying along the pacific coast, esp Alaska. I also saw something a while back about the gulf stream and the changes in water temperature affecting the food chain as well.
I was amazed it's actually available online.
Murre mystery | The Economist
Old 02-11-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Me and Mr. Fireman have tried watching the Revenant 3 times, keep ending up falling asleep (me!).

Car goes in tomorrow, fingers crossed it is covered by power train.

This week needs to end already
Old 02-11-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Up at 3:30 for work. Just need to have a shirt on that they can see on the cam and pants are optional. night
LOL!

Good night yall. Long one tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I'm going to try to get a seat in the back where it's a bit quieter. Just can't keep up with how fast all y'all move on this bus.

But I did want to comment on this weekend's theme. I once had a boss who would said, "Guilt is useless." Having been raised Catholic, this gave me quite a pause... and I realized she was right! Guilt is self-centered and does nothing to make anything better. It's remorse pointed inward. Shame is it's secretive cousin - also a goodfernuthin sunofagun.

No offense to anyone who is feeling guilt right now; I just wish that anyone feeling that way could be relieved of that burden. It's too heavy a load for anyone to bear.

And that's all I have to say about that for the time being.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Guilt is self-centered and does nothing to make anything better. It's remorse pointed inward. Shame is it's secretive cousin - also a goodfernuthin sunofagun.
Thanks for sharing, Obladi - I wholeheartedly agree! During my drinking days, I used to almost set aside time to feel guilty and ashamed. It really kicked in when I'd have a short period of sobriety, and it was so mentally painful that only pouring another drink would make it go away.

Weasel, great theme buddy. I often think we neglect to realize how much we can gain by living life more guilt-free. Those of us who have put the bottle behind us MUST focus on enjoying the rewards of our new existence. If we don't learn how to feel good about ourselves after quitting booze, we aren't following through. We are all doing this for ourselves.

I think being guilt-free also goes hand in hand with self-confidence. Even a year after quitting drinking, my self-confidence was shattered and I was very frail, emotionally. When we learn to take control of our lives, and truly LIVE them, I think we find that guilt will peel off your body like old paint.

I'm off to "The Lake" this weekend. Departamento de Solola up in the Western Highlands. Taking the ladyfriend up to a little cabin for Dia de San Valentino. Taking the new camera as well. Have a great one gang, I'll try to check in if there's access to the Interwebz up yonder.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post

I think being guilt-free also goes hand in hand with self-confidence. Even a year after quitting drinking, my self-confidence was shattered and I was very frail, emotionally. When we learn to take control of our lives, and truly LIVE them, I think we find that guilt will peel off your body like old paint.
^^^^^^^^^Love This ^^^^^^^
Old 02-11-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I am on board for the weekend, and since I have four days off I get to really enjoy a little time!!

I am definitely guilty of feeling guilty! I definitely regret the time I have wasted on alcohol in the past, and I am trying to let it go.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 02-11-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Delilah, we're both off four days. Yay!!

Everyone is in bed. Yes. I can relax. Laundry going, now that the dryer is working. Warm old cat curled up next to me.

BigS, post some pictures of warm weather and green vistas when you get the chance. Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Spent the evening talking with a guy I met from work. He's in his late fifties...is that too old for me I wonder? I do like guys in their fifties...always have. Anyway, maybe I'll go out with him and see what happens. Just hope I don't get attached too quick or get scared and chicken out.....I've been known to do both blah! I miss having someone go do stuff with. And someone to get all dolled up for. We'll see.

I'm gonna catch up on the thread then hit the sack.
Sweet dreams all xo
Old 02-11-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone TFIF

Welcome Obladi

Took a pic on the run this morning - it looks good but so mutch wasted electricity
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160212_064231.jpg (57.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 02-11-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Brynn ,
I found dating sober a lot less vexing . I was a lot more calm and cool , a lot more unconcerned about where we were going for a drink , actually listen to someone and take time with them and i made better decisions about people.

Hey all ,
off to work in a moment , a bit chilly here . clear outside so it might be icy on the roads . I know there is snow in parts of the USA so go easy out there .

Avoid the bars or take-out shops , if find yourself in the car-park playing a game of chicken, shall you go in and buy drink ?
That is the time to say not this weekend thank you , drinking will always be there in our society, are you really in such a rush to kill yourself ?

You don't know what another week of sobriety will bring , you do know what another week of drinking will give and the misery will bring, if you were lucky enough to keep it that brief. last time i drank i couldn't get it together again enough to stop for 10 years .

Have a read of the relapses on the forum , see how utterly miserable , frustrated and de-motivated drink makes you .

Let's stay safe , get through ,

m
Old 02-12-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Morning gang!

Wet and miserable on drive into work.

Junior was awake this morning devouring Mrs B like there was no tomorrow so I got some smiles, coos, and laughs before the miserable trip.

I'm going to pick up some groceries after work on the way home. I would NOT have done this in the early days of sobriety. Too much temptation seeing others picking up wine and beer of a Friday night. It does not bother me now, but I would not chance it for early weekends - I needed time to work those sober muscles like those dudes who dig deep in the gym. Pick up what you need in the morning.

B
Old 02-12-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Night night soberenders
Old 02-12-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

"You don't know what another week of sobriety will bring , you do know what another week of drinking will give and the misery will bring, "
Right on. I love knowing that I'll be there when needed. When drinking I always has some lame excuse that I actually half way believed.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Off to the gym. Woke up a bit too early. Catch ya later.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning ! At work. Talk later!