Notices

Guiltless Weekender Feb 12

Old 02-11-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Please count me in, Week end number 2 for me.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I took this at the bus stop this morning
Your all so photogenic.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi soberjim!

Oh GS that is awesome!! I love it!
Old 02-11-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

omg gettingsmarter.. AWESOME!
Old 02-11-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Stupor Kewl, Ruby!

You might have just solved a vexing problem. OK, well, inadvertently.

I almost-always resize Pix via Tiny Pix, and then embed that Pic Link in my Posts. See that technique done below. If you can see this Yoga Meme, it means you can see Tiny Pic Links. But, not Files uploaded directly from this HD [something I rarely do]. That's the technique I just used up-Thread.

This means that one secret to having things 'universally' visible to all here is to post via Third Party Pic Sites, like Tiny Pic. This would be a kewl, ongoing Mystery to resolve once & for all. At least then, Folks here can decided to take those extra Pic posting Steps, or not.

Great one, GS!

Old 02-11-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

how weird - or timely...

After the floor finished drying, I did another vacuum on the 'comfort' rug for the kitchen. Then I proceeded to stretch and do a few poses while the wife was drinking her first cup of coffee at 12:30 - welcome to today

She said 'you are being silly'. Silly? This is the WARRIOR POSE. Nothing silly about it. Then one legged, the other leg, and this is the HERO pose just so you know who I am. Your hero...

I recall jackalope hunting near Phoenix some years back - didn't have a double barrel, only a single. Actually saw a jackalope too. Too far away...basically took a shotgun for a walk. Then hiking on camelback in the 100 degree heat, "When we were young..."

hmmmm Palo Verde has openings... naw.

Need to get some carpet cleaner for the downstairs... clean the carpet before I clean the carpet. Going to do a manual clean, then rent the machine for a final go over. Rug doctor thing is a cheap rental. Too much tracking in the outside from hunting season and snow... I need to put up the 'Please remove shoes' sign for myself.
Wife always removes shoes and puts on her house slippers.
Ain't that right midnightblue?

Glad to see you making appearances Della

Just in time for valentine's day...
Old 02-11-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh my gosh, GS, that is super awesome!!!

Just got back from a couple hours of work, installing the publicity display case I do for every theatre production. It's by far my favorite part of the job, because I get to be creative and use some of my graphic design skills. I'm proud of the work I did on this one - the play is an adaptation of a Chinese legend, so I got to use some of my personal decor from my house, and I threw in a fair dose of actual Chinese characters (writing). Fun!

Now lunch, then a nap. I was stupid and had 2 cups of coffee in the early evening yesterday - I know better!!! Didn't get to sleep until 12:30 or so, and had to get up at 5 because my dog was whining to go outside. I tried going back to bed after that, but no dice. I like naps, but I always feel like a lump when I allow myself one, because I gots stuff to do. But if I don't have a nap today, I'll be completely worthless for the rest of the day. So I'll give myself permission.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

*Ring ring* I'm in! Weekend number four and my four week mark sober this weekend. Lots to be thankful for! Lots of cooking and relaxing are definitely in order in celebration. Glad to be here with you all!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening, great opening post Ken, plenty of guilt in my closet

Welcome to Weekenders HighDraw, BD84, and Ritm

Good work GettingSmarter

Soberwolf - is Glen the dog you found? That is so heartwarming that you gave him a loving home
Old 02-11-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sao that little dog your talking about we nicknamed Dotty ... Dotty turned out to be a dog called Tinker we found thier owners after 3 days as we told the local shops and gave my mobile number

Tinker belonged to a little girl who when we knocked the door almost started crying when we told her we had found her dog & 10 minutes after going to fetch Tinker for her it was all over the dog was returned to its rightful owner

It was a cool 3 days though Tinker was female and fancied glen - it was hilarious watching her chase glen

The picture is just one I found which I liked mrs sw tells me its a corgi ? but I don't know
Old 02-11-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Old 02-11-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Remember when we were talking about hood ornaments a few months ago?
Well...I saw this in the WalMart parking lot at lunch....very low key

Old 02-11-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Today was such a long, hard day.
I got praised for doing the payroll correctly but now that I think about it, I may have made mistakes with the purchases which I will have to re-do tomorrow.

It's "throwback Thursday" so here is a picture of me - first day of school or something. I am not sure what happened to that fearless little girl. When did I become so scared of everything?

I probably shouldn't share photos but I feel very comfortable here. I have a few friends - most of them are married with jobs and lives. I pretty much have no one to talk to.

Funnily enough the only family member that comes close to understanding how I feel is my brother. He will be home again in May. He doesn't hide anything. He will go and buy himself a six pack, have a few beers with dinner and will store the rest in the fridge. Doesn't hide anything, doesn't lock the bottles away. I just want to be treated like a normal person. I miss him tonight.

I quite like this photo of me. I have been told that my face has not changed very much
Attached Images
Old 02-11-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh that's even better that he had a loving family and that you found them. You probably said it at the time but my memory is shot lol!

Tetra, I think you are striding back to being that fearless girl again, you really are
Old 02-11-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Wow, what a sweet picture, Tetra!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

This is me.
I kinda look the same,
but I don't go commando
any more. Now I gotta wear boxers,
darn it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Untitqqqled.jpg (28.0 KB, 58 views)
Old 02-11-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Great photo, Tetra!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
My first trip on the Weekender bus

I have a 4-day weekend starting tomorrow, so I'm making the 90-minute drive down to Tucson for the weekend to see, among other things, the Pima Air & Space Museum and adjacent US Air Force "boneyard" at Davis-Monthan AFB. Acres upon acres of decommissioned aircraft preserved in the dry desert air for spare parts. Alas, I am not in the USAF, so I'll have to see them from an air-conditioned bus. Also on the itinerary is the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, an indoor-outdoor museum/zoo dedicated to the flora and fauna of the Sonoran Desert region.

It's an easy trip from my home, and not very exciting by most people's standards, but here is where some of you may be able to relate: It is a perfect example of a simple little weekend trip that I had wanted to take since I first moved to Phoenix, that requires little real effort or expense, but that I nonetheless could never manage during my drinking days, for the usual myriad of reasons that most of us know all too well (too drunk, too hungover, too tired, passed out, the list goes on...) I view it as another small step in the process of taking back my life from alcohol.
Welcome DesertDawg! To SR and the weekender.

I have been there and love that place. The helicopters inside. The jets. So much to look at. I had a great day there. Have fun and take pictures to post for us!

Ken
Old 02-11-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post

I took this at the bus stop this morning
Your all so photogenic.
*Ring Ring* Freaking awesome!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
Please count me in, Week end number 2 for me.
Woo Hoo! Congrats on 2!