Notices

Keep Calm and Sober On! Weekender Jan 29 Pt. 2

Old 02-02-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
Like what? Cry?
That is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Olive, when you do lithographs of that watercolor of Chicago - I'd like a numbered signed copy, please.

I'll frame it. Please and thank you.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Mld...I am with you in loving owning my home and being single. I can do my own shoveling, too! Yay. No strings attached. "I have my freedom, I can make my own rules, the ones that I choose..." Cat Stevens.
I was being somewhat sarcastic in my post about being a single home owning woman. The single part is ok - it's the house that seems like a burden a lot of the time. Like when there's almost a foot of snow on the ground. I can take care of it myself, it just gets to be a lot when there's no one at all to help. My son is finally to a point where he can begin to.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Well...I love it. Mine is manageable.
I like that, sober soul mates.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Well I've learned from the people who have done this ahead of me, that it won't suddenly get any better if I start again sometime down the road.
So I will be very careful of that.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

You bet, jsbodhi. I know that one from experience.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

well, I thought I would be done with computer nonsense tonight.
except I started a backup file for the new one - recovery disk that I can hold onto... I hope it's done before I need to use this table to start seeds in a month
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Marty noted earlier that she didn't think I had to shovel. Correct. I am a condo owner, which is a blessing and a curse (sometimes). This is actually the home of my dreams so the shortcomings of condo ownership are outweighed by the fact that I still love this place. And, yeah, not having to shovel or mow the lawns isn't all that bad.

Bodhi, I just want to chime in along with the others. Be glad that you are getting sober in your 30s. I sorely wish I would have booted alcohol from my life a good 15 years before I did. Regret is not a particularly useful emotion so I just have to live with it, but there are still times when that is difficult.

My yearly work review is tomorrow. Stomach is back in knots. Brynn, I had so much empathy for you when you posted earlier about work stresses.

The snow continues to come down steadily. It's beautiful.

All the best to all. Tetra, I wish I had the magic words for you. I do know that our lives used to be much harder -- that's how it goes when we were addicted. Take care.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

A Museum we went to today had a very wide range of Displays. Very enjoyable, and educational.

A Local Gent 'of means' sent Turquoise to Commissioned Artisans Worldwide. They returned their Work to him. His Collection was donated to this Museum. Here is a ~5" tall Carving sent back from China.

Your Post #186 is stellar, Tetra. Not just the composition. But, the amazing Metamorphosis that allows you to write it out. Steady on...

- 'Digging In The Dirt' ~ Peter Gabriel -

- Lyrics -

Old 02-02-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

That is really cool, MM. Me wants.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone .
It helps more than you know xoxo
Old 02-02-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

There comes a time when sobriety is just normal. It doesn't mean we don't have to keep focused to make sure it stays that way, but heck -- if that weren't the case, I wouldn't have all you great guys to hang with.

I took a page from Mountain Man Bob's thread and checked the SR calculator. Today, I have been sober for 901 days.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
There comes a time when sobriety is just normal. It doesn't mean we don't have to keep focused to make sure it stays that way, but heck -- if that weren't the case, I wouldn't have all you great guys to hang with.

I took a page from Mountain Man Bob's thread and checked the SR calculator. Today, I have been sober for 901 days.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

753 Days, here. I've never used the Sober Calculator before.

I don't really think it about it. Any more than I can recall my last Asthma attack a very long time ago.

I used to have Asthma. I guess I'm still an Asthmatic. I don't think of it that way.

In a like manner, I used to Drink. I no longer do. This means that the Reference Point/Date of whenever I last did so diminishes in relevance over time.

To go back to that State is no longer desirable, nor ever an option. If it took me Decades to get 'there', then that's exactly the time it took. I don't regret it taking the time it did because there really was no option of it taking more, or less, time. This is how I define 'Acceptance'.

What doesn't get learned this time around, the Soul returns to learn, and get right, the next go-around. I learned Sobriety this time around, and am immensely content with that.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Wise words, as always, Mesa.

I have to admit I am a day counter, though I can understand varying perspectives. For me, it's a pride point, a tangible measurement of something I've accomplished.

Is anyone else watching "The People vs. O.J. Simpson"? It's gotten great early reviews and if the first 15 minutes are any indication, deservedly so. It is already very compelling.

Alas, in the first 15 minutes we've already had a scene with the most famous dropout of my alma mater, Kato Kaelin.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:27 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Tetra, do you want to talk about it?

I'm sorry you got dumped. That sucks.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

793 days. I just checked. Congratulations Venecia on 901! Awesome!

Kids are in bed. Yay! I'm kind of watching TV and sort of bored. I just haven't felt like reading lately. It's somewhat disturbing to me because I always always used to have my nose in a book. Since I got sober, not so much.

Mesa, that's a cool figure.

Melina, how'd the day treat you?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I'm good, I'm tired. Driving to and from the suburbs in today's weather completely wiped me out.

Grumpy bc I didn't bring ice cream home. Not my best move, tonight was definitely made for ice cream. I may walk to get some if I can't shake the jones.

So not much to report, just quiet and meh.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Woah sensitive.....
So I was just talking with this guy tonight, and he was telling me he doesn't drink, I asked him why, and said I don't drink anymore either, but I smoke cigs
"I'm not a saint" I said and winked at him.
He said he didn't drink because his dad was an alcoholic, then he said
" you might not be one, but you sure seem like one"
My heart started racing and I said " look like what?! An alcoholic?!?!"
He said " no, a saint"
Hahaha, good lord bodhi, get a grip.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Just finished Nurse Jackie. Whoa.

I need a replacement show. That was intense.