Notices

Picture Perfect Weekender Jan 22

Old 01-21-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
I'm in for another sober weekend. ..yay!
I love all the photos. ..I keep saying that I will learn to post photos but I don't seem to get around to it. I love to travel and fortunately did lots of it in my younger days. When I wasn't concerned about spending money. Now I've gotten more frugal.
but anyway. ..I'm making bread this morning. The dough is rising for the first time. In between I will go for a dog walk. Then I have an online training that I'm determined to complete this morning since it's required.
Congratulations Tetra!!! It's going to be a new beginning for you. When do you start?
Old 01-21-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Now we're cookin' with Gas!

Great Theme! I loves me some Travel Pix. Obviously.

Below is an Estate in Harlech Wales. Lord Harlech was Ambassador to the U.S. during the JFK Administration. He was of great support when JFK was Assassinated. In return, Jackie Kennedy went to his Funeral after he was killed in a Car Accident. She stayed upstairs in converted Stables on the right. We booked that Suite occupying the entire Floor, in addition to having 5 Star Meals - prepared to a level worthy of Melina's Magic each Night. Nice Digs! A nutso, atypical amount of Moolah/Night [for us], but it was worth it. The Harlech Estate made for amazing 'Hill Walks', as they're called there, and an enjoyable time in a Social Stratosphere we don't usually occupy. A Joint we saw in Bon Appetit Magazine.

Hammered Antics this Trip included losing my Dinner Jacket in the Bar Lounge - converted from the old Kitchen - when it fell down between 2 massive Chairs. The next Day, I attempted to toss up the locked Armoire Keys to MesaMate who was hanging out the Window. Well, her customary, excellent Jockette skill at catching anything failed her. Oh, perhaps my Hungover Hands blew the toss, eh? The Keys slid down the Slate Roof into the Gutter. Some amused Staff got a tall Ladder, and retrieved the Keys for us. There were no Key copies because the Armoire was so old. Not exactly a Romeo & Juliet Scenario...

So many Drunken Stories. So much time...
- 'Dreadlock Holiday' ~ 10cc -

Old 01-21-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Old 01-21-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

These are pictures of the trip I mentioned the other day. Camping on the Colorado River.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1691-2.JPG (47.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 01-21-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congrats TETRA!!! Way to friggin' go! Step by step, we make little changes that make a big difference in the end. Lovely news.

Loving all of your pics, from East to West! This is where I was this past weekend. Lake Atitlan. Guatemalan highlands, a part of what's sometimes known as the "Mayan Route" for tourists. Fantastic scenery!

Old 01-21-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Kewl, Midwest!

To answer LBrain's query in the prior Thread, we're now along the Colorado River, too. Pretty much an identical setting to your Pic. These Sites are on a slight Bluff above the River. Only one other set of RVers; also from Colorado. No one around us. I've not found a better location to move to, so here we stay.

Great News, Tetra!
Old 01-21-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Wow, weekenders!

I am just gobsmacked by all the pictures. It gave me that bitter pinch of reminder how i want to start travelling again.

Have to go through my travelling pics.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

wow, BigS - those little tiny boats really give your picture scale.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Absolutely gorgeous, Big S.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Bimini, I love that picture! I've got s couple of those rainy window pics.

Slow day at work. I was looking through all my pics and I'm only marginally satisfied with them. Everyone's are nicer.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning! Just home to grab something and back to work!
My alarm didn't go off this morning, I woke up almost two hours late.
But by pure luck everything is ok and still on schedule

I've been so unorganized and all over the place.
Seems like I had things more in control when I was drinking..... I think that's because I had more of a system, a system of hangovers, etc- but still a system I knew..
Just need to get my sober mojo going!

I can't attach pics yet, I'll try later.
My avatar is the place I lived in China for a few months on and off, over a couple years when I was backpacking Asia- it was my home base.
Yangshuo china- looks like something out of a Dr.Seuss book ( I used an online image, but when I get home I'll try to attach a few of my own!
A travel thread! I love it xoxo

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-21-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

The truly hideous view from the front of worksite. I'm having trouble uploading saved pics from my Google photos. This one wasn't in there. You can sort of see the skyline in the background

Anyway, bear with me as that was an experiment
Old 01-21-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats Tetra!!!

All these pics are fantastic. I'm getting very jealous!!

I always wanted to travel more but my anxiety held me back. I made lots of plans with others but they always fell apart.

Oh, and the drinking and drugs did not help. I spent all my money getting intoxicated when I could have been seeing the world.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS TETRA!

The weather report for here depending on which one you believe is 3 to 18 inches of snow

I got my gas supply from the 'shed' and put in garage so if needed for the neighbor's snowblower, I won't have to dig it out.

Back when I could just come and go as I pleased - single - I went fishing in the Abacos. I went fishing in Montana, Michigan, New York...
I went fishing period. I'll also go to the beach, as long as I can fish...

8lb bonefish on the other end of that line!
Attached Images
bonefishon.JPG (87.8 KB, 58 views)
Old 01-21-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm in, lovie faces!

So, sad story. Several years ago when I was drunk, I thought it would be cool and interesting to jumble up all my photos. Drunk me thought it would be delightful and surprising to reach for a pic and Boom! We're 4 years old at the zoo. Boom! We are in Cuba in 1999. Boom! Here's me at the 8th grade dance. Boom! Here's grandma and grandpa holding up fresh caught perch in 1981.

Let me tell you how it felt when I needed to get pix of me and my mom for the video collages my sister did for her memorial service. I couldn't. I was still in active addiction and I couldn't bring myself to do it. There are at least 10000 photos jumbled up. I'm an idiot.

I move that huge box of photos from apartments to storage units, etc. I just lug them along like a heavy heavy reminder of how idiotic I behaved.

I even feel a twinge when people do Throwback Thursday or stuff like that on fb, bc I have some very fun photos of high school, etc., but I don't have anything at hand.

Maybe this doesn't sound like a very big deal. It really isn't. But it bums me out, it always puts a cloud on my mood.

Ahhhhh, drinking. Drinking is a jerk.

In happier news, I have lots of travel pix on Dropbox and places like that so I'll poke around this weekend and try to get some good ones up.

My faves are going to the Slow Food Terra Madre conference in Torin and traveling all up the west coast of Italy from Rome, going to Japan, and of course my adopted country of Mexico.

xoxo
Old 01-21-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Love it, Brain!
I should fish more. I like it. Even when I don't catch anything. We have a very good trout stream running through the town I live in. People come from all over to fish here. I tried fly fishing a couple of times - it was truly comical. Maybe I should try again.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Urban landscape

I see these bad boys, Samson and Goliath, on my way to and from work everyday. The Harland & Wolff shipyard is most famous for having built all of the ships intended for the White Star Line, including the ill-fated RMS Titanic. They mostly work on wind turbines there now. There is also the fantastic Titanic Museum - a wonderful exhibition.
Attached Images
Harland and Wolff.jpg (23.6 KB, 68 views)
Old 01-21-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

LBrain, you're adorbs!

Behan, great pic and story!

Thank you guys for sharing your slices of life and adventures!

Ken, you are a GENIUS for putting this weekend's theme together!
Old 01-21-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Add Behan to photos I can't see. Brain too. Sometimes I see Brain's photos. I'll be in the office later.

Behan, the Titanic exhibit sounds interesting. I'd like to see that.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
This pic is from my latest vacations - Tunisia. 2014. I celebrated there my 2nd sobriety anniversary and I year sugar free.

One quite funny story happened to me there. Me and my friend were in restaurant, and after a meal we asked for a check. Waiters were kind of slow. I noticed one of the waiters - a kid about 19 years old - across the dining room. When he looked my way I smiled and made what I thought was quite a recognizable sign to ask for a check - like I am writing . He looked quite perplexed though. Finally I asked another waiter who was passing by. Finally got the check.

When I left the restaurant there was this kid, standing near the entrance. He approached me and handed a piece of paper. Now I was perplexed like "What the hell". When I looked it was his phone number. Come on!

I remember I was just p****ed off on my way back to the hotel. No smiles any more when asking for a check - I have my best poker face to wear.
Attached Images
Tunisia.jpg (86.4 KB, 55 views)