Notices

IV Amino Acid Therapy Journal

Old 01-18-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that info SiS!!!
Old 01-18-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Day 8

Only two more days to go, folks!

Today I had the full enchilada: the IV treatment, the "laser accupressure," and the sleep therapy. (More drama starting the IV with that young nurse, but I won't gross you out.)

My energy, mood, and concentration are all excellent. I see myself, my relationships, and my life with new insight. My cravings are almost nonexistent. As I passed some wine in a store tonight, I kind of missed it but it was quite easy to resist given my current state of physical and emotional health.

I met with the physician for about an hour, and he is designing a custom hormone for me, because hormones play such a huge role in health (especially for a post-mensie lass like myself).

Then I met with my recovery coach for an hour and a half and we made good daily-structure plans for me upon my return home. Yes, it's almost that time -- time to leave this structured schedule and return to the chaos, frustrations, and triggers of "real life."

Wishing you all a pleasant evening...
Old 01-18-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing so well.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That's great SIS, sounds very positive
Old 01-18-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey SIS - I want what you're having!! This treatment is wild. Shows where the world is going with recovery. I guess insurance doesn't cover this does it?

Take care. You sound so different already. Keep up the good work.

Olivia
Old 01-18-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad your recovery is going so well.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:40 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Hey SIS - I want what you're having!! This treatment is wild. Shows where the world is going with recovery. I guess insurance doesn't cover this does it?

Take care. You sound so different already. Keep up the good work.

Olivia
Thanks! You're 100% right -- addiction science/medicine/treatment is advancing. There are more options available now than ever before!

This isn't covered by insurance, but the program I'm doing has an "insurance advocate" who works hard to try to get your insurance to reimburse you for at least part of the cost.

I was getting to the end of my rope and couldn't afford to let price be the deciding factor. I emptied out an old abandoned retirement account, maxed two credit cards, and borrowed money from a friend!

If I successfully work my recovery program and remain sober, it will be worth every penny!
Old 01-19-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You WILL be successful SIS. I wish you all the best. This thread has been very helpful for me. Not that I took the same path but my start date was close to yours and I've incorporated a lot of vitamins and feel that it has helped tremendously.

Thank you for journaling your experiences.

Mike
Old 01-19-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Here's Day 9...

With each passing day, my story becomes less interesting. I slept well, woke refreshed, enjoyed good focus and positive mood. Same old, same old, LOL.

Today I had just the IV treatment. Then I had my final group meeting. I've come to love the people, but the way the group is facilitated....well, I don't get much out of it. As I may have mentioned, the facilitators have no firsthand experience with addiction or recovery, so all they can really do is read ppt slides.

So, tomorrow is my last day. Wow. I made it. I actually made it.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congratulations, SoberinSyracuse. Well done.

Safe travels back to Syracuse.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrulyMe View Post
You WILL be successful SIS. I wish you all the best. This thread has been very helpful for me. Not that I took the same path but my start date was close to yours and I've incorporated a lot of vitamins and feel that it has helped tremendously.

Thank you for journaling your experiences.

Mike
Thank you SO much, Mike! I journaled this hoping that one little tidbit might prove useful to someone someday. I figure someday many moons from now, someone may be Googling "IV amino acids for detox," come upon this thread and say, "Okay. Well, it worked for this person. Maybe it's worth a few phone calls." You never know, right?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

You have helped a lot of us. Thank you.

How is the trip home going??
Old 01-20-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberinSyracuse View Post
Thank you SO much, Mike! I journaled this hoping that one little tidbit might prove useful to someone someday. I figure someday many moons from now, someone may be Googling "IV amino acids for detox," come upon this thread and say, "Okay. Well, it worked for this person. Maybe it's worth a few phone calls." You never know, right?
I think your story is very helpful and compelling. I hope you keep posting about your trip home and your continued recovery. Like I said I really enjoy your story.

All the best.

Mike
Old 01-20-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I've enjoyed following your story - nothing boring about it.
I'm very glad you wanted to tell us what was going on & how you were feeling all through it.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hope you have a safe trip home SiS!!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

All the best SiS. I have read all the posts about your treatment with interest. I think you are 100% right - your experience could be of great help to someone now or in the future and that is a contribution to be proud of. In any case, your posts are great to read, particularly because you are so honest and open. Your optimism is inspiring too - keep moving forward!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good to know you're headed home - I also enjoyed following your story. It is fantastic to know how well it worked for you.
Congratulations !
Old 01-20-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Last Day!!! (Day 10)

Woo-hooo!! Today was the last day, and also marks my 10-day sobriety milestone.

I had all the modalities today -- the IV, the "laser," and the sleep therapy. Good long meeting with the physician. The staff all hugged me farewell.

I confirmed something interesting today. I suspected my hometown didn't offer the widest array of recovery resources and that proved out. See, the coaches at the recovery program were planning to make some referrals for me and I warned them there's not much in Syracuse. They pooh-poohed that idea. After all, we have a teaching hospital, a major university, etc. Well, after they'd worked the phones for a few days they told me I was right. Not much diversity of treatment options back home. But we'll cobble something together for me that will work. We'll MAKE it work.

Meanwhile, in Atlanta, the program is setting up a well-appointed sober social club for its graduates. TVs, movies, wifi, games, music, free sober bar and snacks, big floor for dancing or goofing around, counselors on hand if you wanna talk.

Tomorrow, on to MD. Will hold this sobriety together at dinner with friends and in other's homes. I think I can do it. I'm not craving at all.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Sounds great SIS! The most inspiring part of all this is how much effort you are putting into your recovery, you really sound like you have worked the program to the max and soaked in everything you could gain. Best of luck with your trip home. Do your friends in Maryland know you are on the way back from treatment? Maybe you could suggest an alcohol free evening just to be on the safe side. If they are normal drinkers I am certain they wouldn't have a problem with that.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

That's great SIS, you sound so positive
Love reading your posts. Hey a big congrats on day 10. You're doing great