Notices

IV Amino Acid Therapy Journal

Old 01-13-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
btw, you were tapering down to one drink before entering right? Did you break this and binge the day before?
Actually, the goal was for me to taper by 1-2 drinks per week before starting the program. No, that certainly did not get me to 1 drink/per day. You see, I was consuming about 12-15 per day. I got it down to about 8. And no, I did not binge the day before.

Maybe it's different when you're laying out your own money. To me, this was not a game, to monkey around or binge the day before. I was ready to play all in.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It sounds pretty awesome SiS. So what is their recovery approach, psychological, 12-step, mixed?
Old 01-13-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good for you. I think if you believe it will work, it will work. Faith is a strong part of recovery.

I'm glad you're keeping us in your story. It's pretty interesting!
Old 01-13-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

This methods sounds good - take care of your physical cravings, get your energy and health back, and do the work on your psychological cravings!!! Hang in there SiS - praying for you!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SillyHuman View Post
It sounds pretty awesome SiS. So what is their recovery approach, psychological, 12-step, mixed?
Their approach is eclectic. They don't advocate one approach over another. They help you assess and "test-drive" many resources from AA, to SMART, to Women for Sobriety, to faith-based sobriety groups. They emphasize that a recovering addict needs to be in a community, actively build a sober social network, and do the work to fix every part of their lives -- money, relationships, health/fitness, career.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow! It really is awesome. Good for you SiS!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats SiS
Old 01-13-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

So Here's Day 3...

WOW. On my second night sober, I slept about 9 hours, woke up drenched in detox sweat, feeling MUCH better!

Drama of the day was major problems starting the IV. After several attempts over the course of an hour, I was a basket case. They gave me a homeopathic stress reliever made out of various flowers (poppies, perchance)? under the tongue. Within a few minutes, I felt pretty high and they were able to start the IV. No problems with nausea, fortunately.

So today I had the IV concoction and again the goofy red laser treatment. The doctor commented that I look like a new person.

Then I drove over to the recovery center and met with my coach for an hour. Objective was for him to get a roadmap of my current life to see where my danger zones are, and where my opportunities lie to build a fulfilling life for myself.

I noticed today that I had zero thoughts about or interest in alcohol. It's the first day in almost 30 years I haven't been preoccupied every waking moment.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

SiS, you sound wonderful!

In lieu of a recovery meeting, I attended a group at our local mental health facility. They started talking about EMDR (eye movement desensitization reprocessing). It sounds a whole lot like the "goofy red laser treatment." If it is, it is legit treatment, at least for PTSD.

EMDR Therapy-FAQ Help for anxiety,trauma,abuse,PTSD in Los Angeles
Old 01-13-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nothing like good sober sleep.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm glad it's working for you so far SiS.
Whatever it takes to live a healthy sober life.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Unconventional things often work better than "sanctioned" ones
Medicine and detox is a business, after all, so give everything a fair shake.

Glad you are detoxing so quickly and sleeping so much.
It took me weeks after quitting to sleep a real 8 hours
Old 01-13-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sleep was a problem for me, too. I was exhausted. It's so great you can get some quality rest, SIS. Happy this is a big success.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I've seen things like the red lasers used at the chiropractor and my dentist. I am a little skeptical, but I don't know everything (my children can attest to that!) so I try to keep an open mind.
It obviously is working for you. So Congrats - you must be delighted!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

SoberinSyracuse- One bit of advice if you don't mind. They gave you numbers to call if you felt like drinking. Call at least one of them just to chat before you need to. That way if you ever do need to call you will be comfortable doing it. Simple, easy and it worked for me.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chrcarlson View Post
SoberinSyracuse- One bit of advice if you don't mind. They gave you numbers to call if you felt like drinking. Call at least one of them just to chat before you need to. That way if you ever do need to call you will be comfortable doing it. Simple, easy and it worked for me.
What great advice!
Old 01-14-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep up the good work
Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chrcarlson View Post
This is a great idea. In fact, one of them is calling ME a couple times a day asking where I am, what I'm doing, and what I'm planning to do next.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your progress thus far SiS. Keep updating us please as you work through the program.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Here's Day 4...

My sleep was a little broken due to waking frequently from the sweats, but I still got a solid 9 hours.

Symptoms: I've been suffering from a headache since Day 1, but today got some temporary relief through IV administration of an NSAID. My fever broke today and temp is back to normal. My BP returned to normal today. Heart rate is still 95. Not a hint of shakes, anxiety, or cravings.

Today, even I could see the beginnings of the change in the mirror. Just brighter, healthier. Crisp thoughts and good concentration.

I had the full IV protocol, and the musical pitch sleep therapy treatment. Okay...the sleep thing works. Weird, but it works.

I have a brief break before group at 6 pm, my first unstructured time in several days. I'm using it to attend to some work and find a supermarket to pick up some staples. I'll be in group from 6-9 and then will return to the hotel to watch the Republican debate.

I can feel that something has shifted in my favor...