Notices

Change is possible! Weekender Jan 8th

Old 01-07-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I came across this article that gives a succinct account of how to maintain change and self control:

Four Psychological Tricks To Help Stick To Your New Year?s Resolutions | IFLScience
Old 01-07-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good to see you Jaybee. When I first got sober I wondered what I'd do to fill time too but I've discovered that there's not enough time in the day to do all the things I want and need to accomplish. Keep it simple in the beginning and go from there.

Lunch break. Now that's s vacuum that's hard to fill because I'd rather not be at work at all.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Steak and black bean burritos for lunch. I made a sort of resolution to eat better in the new year. I tend to just snack on whatever's easy to grab during the day. Sometimes that's not much of anything. Then I'd be so hungry by dinner I'd overeat. Not so healthy.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

An old Joke from 'The Borscht Belt' in Upstate New York where Comedians like Joan Rivers, and Henny Youngman got started...

2 old Women - known to complain about everything - go out to Lunch, and are characteristically disappointed.

Woman #1: 'Boy, this Food is just terrible!

Woman #2: 'I agree. And, the Portions are so small'!

And, so it was last Night when I tried a local Asian Buffet because I was starving, and had eaten little. All kinda Food. Mediocre taste; quite different from the Reviews on line.

A daily reminder around here with Retired 'Snowbirds' - like a few Elderly Diners last Night - is that I ain't be like that Old Person. Some real Cranks. That Attitude is on my Short List - along with Drinking again - of things I just won't enable. The Good News is that I get some daily giggles while just People Watching.

Zeus - or whomever runs the Weather around here - has taken mercy on me. The Rain has ended, and the Clouds are moving out. 10 Days of Sun & 62 F [17 C] Temps are forecast. Once the Soil firms up, I can safely 4WD Off-Road early next Week.

Today is a drive through those amazing Mountains in the background of that Arroyo Pic I put up, and tour a Museum in the next Town over. Some Free Range run-around time for MesaDog in these Snake-free Temps.

Belated Sobriety Congrats to Behan. In the long-running Story Of My Life, I was out-of-touch. Of consistent Cellular Connectivity, that is...

A giggle below, thanks to Melki's Post.

This lil Country Ditty was on heavy rotation Radio play when our House was being Framed. The Song Title speaks to all of us, eh? Does this Gal remind you of a very young Barbra Streisand, or what?

- 'What Was I Thinkin'?'' ~ Dierks Bentley -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Breakfast At Epiphany's.jpg (36.8 KB, 76 views)
Old 01-07-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Cute, Mesa

Marty I'm determined to get back to my healthy eating routine, too. It really does help with my MS symptoms and I can really tell a difference when Im off my meal plan.

The country music nightmare has stopped after only 27 minutes on hold yay!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Wouldn't it be great if they could come up with a way to let people who are on hold choose from a menu of different music styles to listen to? Press 1 for classical. Press 2 for jazz. etc.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Press * for no music.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Yes, Bim. That should definitely be an option.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
This freaking cleaning-related intoxication has surely taken its toll on me today.

A cup of herbal tea and a good night sleep.

Mesa - Look what I found for you)

https://richarddawkins.net/2016/01/h...veiled-at-ces/

Have a good day/night, weekenders.

See you)
Old 01-07-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Tnx, MB~

I see that the Human-capable Drone was invented by a Chinese Dude. When they Turbocharge one, it might be able to carry my high-BMI Azz instead of your average Chinese Person.

With 'Werewolves Of London' now cranked on this Trailer Radio, I am done with Chores and outta here! This Tiny House On Wheels is best kept tidy. Otherwise, Dirt kinda grates on ya because it's so in yo Face.

The favored Std Drain Cleaning Technique of this former Slumlord is ~1 Quart of White Vinegar poured rapidly down the Drain to displace all Water in the U-Trap just under the Sink [or in the Shower Drain]. Let it sit overnight. Rapidly pour near-boiling Water down the Drain the next morning. Repeat the Hot Water pour. Good as new, in most cases. Yah, Lye-based Cleaners like 'Drano' can gas ya when it contacts 'stuff' in Drain U-Traps. Too harsh for me. As the old Saying goes: 'Don't use a Cannon to kill a Fly when a Flyswatter will do'.

See all later...
Old 01-07-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Feel better MB!!

I know this is random, but Ive decided Gala apples are my favorites.

Enjoying the weather today...highs in the 60s! This weekend is supposed to get down in the 20s and that's super cold for us! Bundle up GS!

I'm on a new craft project...making birthday and valentines cards! Also getting started on making an embroidered Christmas stocking for my godson (he'll be thrilled I'm sure lol)! It'll take the next 11 months to finish no doubt!

Oh...and I vote for the * no music option for Hold.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mesa....I accidentally dropped the toothpaste cap down the drain! I know...I took the little removable strainer thing off blah....anyway...I could see it way down there for a while but now it's gone! Any suggestions??
Old 01-07-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Pink Lady for me Brynn
Old 01-07-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I've never had one of those, Andy....I'll check em out!
Old 01-07-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

If it's in the bathroom sink, you just unscrew the trap and dump out the cap, Brynn. You don't even need tools. (The "trap" is the bent part under the sink.) YouTube has videos.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm a Fuji fan.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Does anyone ever eat red delicious anymore? Yuck. When I was kid I thought I hated apples because that's pretty much all we ever had.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome Jaybee, congratulations on making it to your second week

Good to see you JD4010

Hope you feel better soon MB and Weasel

I would be too scared of someone hacking the programme to sit in a manned drone

After I got off the underground train at Old Street this evening I saw a red Rolls Royce Phantom with the registration "1" also in red. Some Gulf state I suppose
Old 01-07-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Gala apples and of course, Honeycrisp.

Honeycrisps are so good it's ridiculous.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Oh, yes, honeycrisps are great, too. We also have something called Jazz apples here sometimes. Very very good.