Old 01-07-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Change is possible

Therefore, hope is reasonable.

One of my favorite themes.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Thank you Ken for getting us started on this weekend of hope and change.

We read the AA passage regarding the promises after most meetings I attend. It does resonate.

Ken is right. My addiction goes where I go but I don't go with it. Change is possible.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Still feeling like crap after yesterday's intoxication (no worries, no alcohol involved). I posted on the previous thread the story - apparently some cleaning stuff was very toxic and I inhaled enough to get myself all the symptoms and I was really scared yesterday - it was that bad.

Reminds me partially some hangover days. Brrrrrr.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am in! Son appears to be suffering manflu, I have cold symptoms! Going to send him to school anyway, as already had two letters about his attendance (oral surgery, followed by smashing his front tooth the VERY next day led to me spending more time at the dental hospital than home!). We shall see how he does!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Still feeling like crap after yesterday's intoxication (no worries, no alcohol involved). I posted on the previous thread the story - apparently some cleaning stuff was very toxic and I inhaled enough to get myself all the symptoms and I was really scared yesterday - it was that bad.

Reminds me partially some hangover days. Brrrrrr.
Blimey that reminds me of a job I had many years ago - apart from being permanently stoned whilst working there we used to have to clean the moulds with trichloroethylene, small enclosed space and supposed to wear breathing apparatus etc when using it but we used to ditch that to get high off it - we ended up in some states ??!!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

In thanks Ken

My unlimited internet runs out at midnight & if I'm not around tomorrow I should be back online soon enough just want a internet deal that doesn't rip me off lol

Spk soon guys
Old 01-07-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm in!

Happy Birthday Jsbodhi - I posted this at the tail end of last week's thread so in case you missed it:-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160107_065442.jpg (18.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 01-07-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Blimey that reminds me of a job I had many years ago - apart from being permanently stoned whilst working there we used to have to clean the moulds with trichloroethylene, small enclosed space and supposed to wear breathing apparatus etc when using it but we used to ditch that to get high off it - we ended up in some states ??!!
RedAndy - I do feel stoned all day long. Yesterday I thought my head would explode from headache.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
In thanks Ken

My unlimited internet runs out at midnight & if I'm not around tomorrow I should be back online soon enough just want a internet deal that doesn't rip me off lol

Spk soon guys
SW - good luck on getting better deal on Internet! We need you here.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Thanks! And the lottery here has hit $675,000,000. This is going to be crazy times until next drawing on Saturday. Bet it gets too $800,000,000 for sure!

I buy 1 ticket. That's all it takes so why spend more.

My people will start the weekender for me when I win. And I will fly each of you to maine for a personal weekender.
Corr! Yes Please - I'll have one of those famous Maine lobsters if I may
Old 01-07-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Jen - My HappyBirthday wishes are drifting away with the previous thread too.
So, Happy Birthday!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Here!

Change. When I got sober in my thirties, everything changed. I got divorced, I got into therapy, I set strong boundaries with my mother and other difficult people. I started being really careful of the people with whom I spent time. I started eating well, getting a little exercise, and cut way back on caffeine and sugar. I stopped going "out" at night. I settled down in every possible way. I must have read thirty or so self-help or spiritual type books. I found my center. I was happy!

Starting up drinking in my fifties...my mistake. The good part is that I recognized when I crossed the line again and had no desire to follow that line into the grave. Still, it took me a good year of wanting to quit before I finally said, out loud, "Enough! I need to stop." I knew how good sober was and I saw how wretchedly unhappy I had become because of my drinking. This quit was interesting in that I had this site and I also went to AA meetings for a few months, so I had insight into other peoples' thoughts on it - which has been invaluable.

*Ring *Ring.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy birthday to one of my "original" SB friends! May this year be the year you have health, happiness, and continued sobriety!!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I think I'm giving up on Nurse Jackie. It jumped the shark after she went to rehab.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Impressive lunar! . And thanks for the song...Iron Maiden one of my faves!

Happy Birthday Jen!!

Ken, I hope you beat this Manflu soon! Sending good vibes you're way today!
Old 01-07-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great opening K!

It baffles me the combination of time, misery, experiences it took to get to the point of sobriety. It wasn't some big single event for sure. So your point is well taken that it is an individual thing. One thing that applied to each of us is trying again....even if we feel as though our chances to succeed are about as likely as winning that lottery. And the payoff feels good.

BTW, if you do win the lottery K I will take you up on the visit to Maine. Please do send your jet for me as I don't like flying commercial.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

um, shotgun?

Old 01-07-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
I'm in...looking forward to another sober weekend.
Biminiblue. ..you and I have similar history. I also quit in my 30's and started up again when I was close to 50. I had taken sobriety for granted and started missing the social aspect of drinking. My life crumbled into a well of unhappiness until I stopped again almost 2 years ago. Best thing I ever did.
so it's Thursday already!!
I hope all you sick people feel better soon. Weasel...you take it easy and rest. I can't wait til you win the lottery. Thank you for the new thread.
Jsbodhi. ......I'll repeat.....
Old 01-07-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Yep, haf. I'll hit two years in March. I tried to be a drinker. Twice. Didn't go well either time.

I won't make that mistake again.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good morning, Weekenders!

I hope everyone has a great day today!
Ken, thank you for the thread and thank you for the food for thought. Good stuff.

I'll read you all while I'm working and check in when I can!