Notices

A Newcomers Weekender Thread Nov 27

Old 11-28-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Do your best

We made Biscotti & I'm on dinner duties beef roast, potatoes, yorkshire puds, carrots, sprouts
Old 11-28-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Sounds delicious, Soberwolf. I need to think about dinner. No ideas yet.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Turkey. Turkey and more turkey. I'm starting to think freezer/soup already.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, turkey! Lol, nearly forgot. We'll share the Beagles' turkey. Wow, I need to get it in the oven pronto.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hey BB... Great that you have joined in here and become a frequent bus rider. How are you doing today?
Weasel, do you mean Me=BB?? I loooove the busses!! Literally keeps me tuned in to the challenge and joy of sober life. I am doing very well today, thanks for asking, Weas. I, too, am staring at a fake Christmas tree in 4 pieces lying on the floor. No smelly pine cones to help me. I have told myself a fire and cups upon cups of hot tea will be my reward. *Sigh*. Still staring.

Reboot seems to have fixed my vid problem. Yay!
Old 11-28-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

BB, he calls me "BIM"
Old 11-28-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Took some neat pics of the creek and the woods...lots of gold and orange leaves.... now to figure out how to post them.

Ken....I'm staring at boxes of ornaments too. Not that motivated, although I've got some of my granny's old ornaments and I love putting those on the tree.

My neighbors dog pooped in my yard. Again. Ugh. She's an older lady and thinks it disintegrates quickly.???
Old 11-28-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

It's great to read your posts.

I am extremely depressed today, even skipped boxing.

Then my ex dropped by to discussed some things, nothing extraoridinary. But some of his comments ticked off deep emotional charge in me and I lost it. Usually I "hold it" till he leaves and then let it out. Not this time.

I a burst of emotions I smashed my fist against the wall - unluckily against the edge of the wall and cut my fingers open.

Sometimes I want to get some stuff in a backpack, board the first plane to nowhere and get lost, so none of my "physical artifacts" of the past get to me again.

Still having hard times with paying off debts and dealing with huge feeling of inadequacy at work.

I rarely read news but there was no way to escape it this week - all this made me feel like there's something wrong with this world....

But....I am sober. And if one thing (among many others) that I learnt in sobriety - there is always a hope. The Universe has it moments, for sure.

Thank you for all your posts, guys and gals. Reading them makes me feel like I "touch" a piece of warmth.

((Mesa)) I so feel you both about dealing with grief ( my mother died 10 years ago) and silence treatment. Treat yourself with compassion - if at the moment there is no one else who can give it. Bleeding soul needs healing. And it's non-negotiable.

Hugs to all.

Have a good day.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

MidnightBlue...so sorry for your pain today.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're depressed today, MidnightBlue. It sounds like a rough day.

I'm glad you're sober.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

MidnightBlue... You need to take loving care of yourself and your sobriety in moments like this. What do you do for comfort and strength?
Old 11-28-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Midnight, great to see you stopping by And sorry to hear about the visit from your ex and how it hurt you, the things he said.

I "get you" about the desire to drop everything and run off with a backpack like that. That's always a fantasy of mine too

I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*
Old 11-28-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Turkey is prepped and in the oven, jasmine has been repotted into a larger pot, and the cats are dining on the turkey organs Lucy refused, so I gave it to them. They tore into it pretty quickly.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Weasel, do you mean Me=BB?? I loooove the busses!! Literally keeps me tuned in to the challenge and joy of sober life. I am doing very well today, thanks for asking, Weas. I, too, am staring at a fake Christmas tree in 4 pieces lying on the floor. No smelly pine cones to help me. I have told myself a fire and cups upon cups of hot tea will be my reward. *Sigh*. Still staring.

Reboot seems to have fixed my vid problem. Yay!
BB = YOU!

We seem to get adopted names of endearment. Do you prefer anything else? BB has not been taken.

I have weas, weazy, weasy, K and so on. I quite frankly will respond to most any address. Its what's next that matters....
Old 11-28-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
BB = YOU!

We seem to get adopted names of endearment. Do you prefer anything else? BB has not been taken.

I have weas, weazy, weasy, K and so on. I quite frankly will respond to most any address. Its what's next that matters....
I love BB! No preferences at all. Bix is also fine. Like they say, call me anything, but don't call me late for dinner!

Thanks, Weas!!
Old 11-28-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you so much, all, for support.

BixBees - good question you asked... I think for strength I do some meditation (not regularly though) and read a lot, and pretty much nothing for comforting. Well, I com to SR for comforting - it always helps.

SP - Would be a great sober backpack getaway)

See you all.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

BB has not been taken.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, all.

It's great to read your posts.

I am extremely depressed today, even skipped boxing.

Then my ex dropped by to discussed some things, nothing extraoridinary. But some of his comments ticked off deep emotional charge in me and I lost it. Usually I "hold it" till he leaves and then let it out. Not this time.

I a burst of emotions I smashed my fist against the wall - unluckily against the edge of the wall and cut my fingers open.

Sometimes I want to get some stuff in a backpack, board the first plane to nowhere and get lost, so none of my "physical artifacts" of the past get to me again.

Still having hard times with paying off debts and dealing with huge feeling of inadequacy at work.

I rarely read news but there was no way to escape it this week - all this made me feel like there's something wrong with this world....

But....I am sober. And if one thing (among many others) that I learnt in sobriety - there is always a hope. The Universe has it moments, for sure.

Thank you for all your posts, guys and gals. Reading them makes me feel like I "touch" a piece of warmth.

((Mesa)) I so feel you both about dealing with grief ( my mother died 10 years ago) and silence treatment. Treat yourself with compassion - if at the moment there is no one else who can give it. Bleeding soul needs healing. And it's non-negotiable.

Hugs to all.

Have a good day.
Hey MidnightBlue... very sorry to hear.

I love the name midnight blue. When I hear it I feel a warmth. A deepened richness to what ever it's cast on. Midnight blue is identifiably blue to the eye in sunlight or full-spectrum light, but can appear black under certain more limited spectra sometimes found in artificial lighting. I suspect that alcohol might be an artificial lighting of your bright brilliant color.

Ken
Old 11-28-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

BIM???

Old 11-28-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

I feel that way about SR, too, Midnight. But these folks are also teaching showing me how to actively comfort myself. I'm coming to see this as a basic life skill that I am pretty deficient in. I still feel a little silly, treating myself as if I were a child and needed a treat or a special recognition...but, it really isn't silly, for either a child or an adult to need validation and comfort. To see the need in ourselves and give these things is actually a sign of respect.