Notices

A Newcomers Weekender Thread Nov 27

Old 11-28-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by abraxas69 View Post
Hi everyone, not been registered 24 hours yet and feeling the benefits of the great support already!

On my 7th day of sobriety and the most immediate thing I'm loving is being able to remember going to bed! And what I watched on TV last night :-)

Reading through some of the comments it looks like I need to get a sober plan sorted out - at the moment the only plan is "one day at a time".
Welcome to SR and welcome to the weekender abraxas!!!

Being able to remember is awesome huh! It also helps alleviate panic attacks. I used to get those when I could not remember the previous day. Even if everything went welling I did not hurt myself, lose money, fight with anyone, just knowing what I did helped me stop panicking.

Good to see you here I hope you will stick around and post about what you are up too.

K
Old 11-28-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning
Old 11-28-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Am I wrong or does that look a lot like the street on the cover of Ziggy Stardust?
Boundary Passage Dee - about 5 mins from my flat

I might be turning into a Hobbit, just had 2nd breakfast

WELCOME! Abraxas
Old 11-28-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Dee has put me in a Bowie mood!

Old 11-28-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Station to Station was my favourite

Never saw him live - big regret

Soberwolf was right, it is much colder today. Streets crowded with shoppers. I am headed west to go to some proper bookshops
Old 11-28-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Time is flying by today - i noticed some drinkers in a pub and though " they started as early as I used to" then I realised it is gone 12:30pm
Old 11-28-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

I saw him '84 - Serious Moonlight Tour. Maybe 15-20 m from the stage?
Utterly captivating

My favourites change all the time re albums...I quite like Aladdin Sane at the moment

D
Old 11-28-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Good Saturday morning everyone! I have been reading some posts and reflecting that it is sure nice to wake up with a clear head and remember when I went to bed last night! Thanks Weasel and abraxas69 !
Old 11-28-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hi abraxas

Another wonderful hangover free morning here. I love it. Time for some Kenyan coffee, asain omelet and off to the gym.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, checking in for the weekend here. Just started my sobriety up again and currently on my day 2. While my sleep schedule is completely off track still, I plan to take out the trash this morning, have a good breakfast with plenty of coffee and try and plan out a list of easy doable goals for the day.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I saw Bowie in 1984 also. I was not that close to the stage, Dee, but it was a great concert. Up there on the list of best ever.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. If I were Mec I'd be looking at one monolithic cloud. Overcast this morning.
Mecanix, what's up? I get days like that where I don't feel like getting up. Usually make myself do it. Once I get going the momentum builds.

I'm facing all the chores I didn't do while off and running out if time to do them. Have to start.

I saw David Bowie in concert when Let's Dance was released. Didn't see much of anything because we were on the main floor and people were standing on their chairs and I'm short. Was frustrating and disappointing.

Lunch with my grandfather today. Then who knows. That's a big chunk of the day.

All your posts about waking up sober after going to bed sober made me realize I'd started taking that for granted. Thanks for the reminder of what I have to be grateful for.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Did you live in Chicago then, Ruby? If so, we might have been at the same concert. I was living there then. We were a few rows back , on the side. Good seats, good view.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Good morning, people

Nice pics from your trip, BigS (on the old thread)!

Lucy is trying to get me to go outside. Looks like I'm about to give in.

At some point today, I'm venturing out for coffee on sale, a bathroom sink drain assembly thing, dropping off a return box at the post office, repotting my jasmine that didn't get repotted last week, cooking a turkey for the beagles, dishes, and laundry.

Maybe I'll then have time to read, and work on the proofreading course.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome SilentCinemaFan - some years ago - 6 or 7 years say - there was a really good series on silent comedy by a British guy called Paul Merton. I can't remember what it was called but it is worth a "Google" or two

Yay Waywardson

My sister has seen Bowie live circa Thin White Duke Era

Chores and food shopping done i'm back in my warm apartment watching tennis on TV - bliss
Old 11-28-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Do your best

You know you guys are awesome right
Old 11-28-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
You know you guys are awesome right
As a matter of fact, yes!

A hearty welcome to Abraxas, Silent Cinema Fan and Wayward Son. Kick off your shoes. Stay a while. The coffee's always on!
Old 11-28-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Not sure I can catch up with everyone and I see Big S is posting in the *other* weekenders thread. Some lovely photos of his trip!

Having Sao envy at the moment as browsing through bookstores in London sounds like a fantastic way to spend part of a Saturday. When I was a college girl, I went to England with my best friend from high school. Came back with a haircut that looked decidedly Bowie-esque, not unlike the 'do Diana was sporting during her last days. My friend and I took turns walking down the steps of St. Paul's pretending we were the bride. We didn't notice it right away but there was a bobby howling with laughter at us. He took a picture of us that's buried somewhere in my box of stuff I've not opened in years. Happiest memories!

I'll share a different Bowie tune. "The Falcon and the Snowman" is one of my favorite movies, highly recommended. It was the first real dramatic role for Sean Penn, one in which he signaled his chops as a dramatic actor were to be taken very seriously indeed.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Welcome, soulsurvivor, SilentCinemaFan, and waywardson! This is a good place to hang out - we're a chatty bunch so just jump in and tell us how it's going for you.

I need to get out today, too much time spent on the forums makes my head hurt. . .it's not that easy for me to think.

I saw BigS make a post on the other thread, too. Here's the link to his post with gorgeous pics:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5664399
Old 11-28-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

For Tetra...I borrowed this from the 24 Hour Connections thread:

I really miss my Yiayia, too. I like thinking she's in the stars. My grandma was my favorite person ever.