Notices

Heel beat weekender Nov 6th Part 2

Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

And about yesterday ... I blame him for locking the front door behind me. He locked the bottom lock after I went outside to show him a plant I brought home. So when I went to go inside, I found the door pulled almost shut, grabbed it to push open, but instead, fumbled around and pulled it shut. Then I discovered the damn thing was locked!

He is paranoid someone will get in our house so he locks doors and calls me to make sure it's locked, etc. etc.

And remember back when he was bothering me to get an alarm system set up? I got one and then he yelled at me because it was too expensive. So, there again - his modus operandi is to put all decisions and responsibility on my shoulders, and then to argue, whine, and yell that he "told me so" when anything isn't to his liking about the decision I made.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Nice to see in your last Paragraph in Post #219 that you keep Cause & Effect things simple. *Guffaw*

In the Corporate World, we learned the Process of 'Poke Yoke' from a Japanese Guru brought in from Japan at the then-princely Fee of $10,000/Day. Poke Yoke - 'PO_kay YO_kay' - roughly translates as 'Mistake Proofing'. Japanese Auto Workers, and much of that Culture, Drink like fn Fish. So, Manufacturers have to use intrinsically-eff up-proof Processes to crank out Products like top quality Vehicles and Electronics.

I still use Poke Yoke daily. Plug in a Power Saw only when I'm using it. Put breakable items I'm mucking with nearby on the Floor. Cover the Sink Drain if I'm working on something nearby that could/will fall down the Drain.

In the present Discussion, ignore the Root Cause of why Keys get absconded. Then, just solve/address it at the most fundamental level that precludes mistakes.

For us Alks, this lil Technique really de-stresses a lot of lil Pissers in our Lives. Highly recommended! I save my Angst for the Big Ticket Items in Life.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I was never a "blamer" before him. He has to have someone to blame because he doesn't take on responsibility well. So, obviously, it's me who gets blamed for most everything.

That is why I am on here right now "blaming" him for all this crap. It's his negative influence on me.

Not proud of becoming a "blamer."
Old 11-10-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Keep in mind, Mesa, you're catching me at an extremely stressful moment
Old 11-10-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Bix, have a good day
Old 11-10-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Thanks, SP...I will do my best. Check in here when you get home. Is Lucy staying over a night with the vet, or will you get to bring her home late today? I've had it go both ways with mine.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Understood, SP.

The neat thing about Aging? Despite the disadvantage of my Gender, even I know when to put a Lid on it...

One of several neato Dog Park Chats yesterday was with a young Gal Fostering her 7th Pooch for our local Humane Society. This cute lil Female Pooch was going in today to get her Plumbing removed. The Polar Opposite Pooch Personality of the 2 Pitties there which, as Sao observed, are Behavioral Byproducts of how they're treated.

Your Pooch will be fine. A Family Member worked a Vet's Office for >1 Decade, and described the simplicity of the Procedure. The pending Operation is very simple, and a lil ingested 'Tootsie Roll' won't affect a thing.

- 'Breathe' ~ Anna Nalick ~ Live -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Gandhi Meme.jpg (20.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 11-10-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Mesa, my dad is/has always had a natural poke-yoke mind. My mind runs more to the poke-me/yike! reactionary end of the spectrum. I'm going to look up how poke-yoke has been applied in my field. Bet I can pick up a thing or two.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

I love that Anna Nalick song. I used to work with a beautiful over-achiever Type A woman. She was always seeking validation from everyone - even though she was about as close to perfect as is humanly possible.

She was exhausting.

I'm not sure she appreciated my gifting her with that CD.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Thanks, SP...I will do my best. Check in here when you get home. Is Lucy staying over a night with the vet, or will you get to bring her home late today? I've had it go both ways with mine.
Yes, she's staying overnight. I'll pick her up in the morning around 7am and put her in her crate with a blanket for the drive home. She'll stay in her crate for a couple of days while she heals. They're going to give her some pain meds, enough for those two days.

I'm back home now. They will probably call me when the surgery is over to let me know how it went.

I sang to her all the way there. She likes singing, it soothes her.

She was really excited to smell all the dogs there. The guy came out to take her leash and she bounced along down the hallway with him, happy to be there, lol. I am so glad she didn't turn around and look at me. I said, "Bye, sweetie" and that was that. Signed some papers, walked away. And then I teared up about five minutes later driving down the road. Didn't cry though. I cried last night, enough for today
Old 11-10-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Ugh, it's gonna be a long day

I'll put a "lid on it" as you've suggested Mesa.

I come here for support just like anyone. Just remember that. I am having a really tough day.

I might be over-typey today, cause that's what I do when upset. I write, type, talk, whatever. I'm getting it out. Hit ignore if you need to.

Tomorrow I won't be so exhausting.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

My 'know when to put a Lid on it' was directly solely at myself. My usual deprecating POV on me, and me alone...

Vent away. That's the proverbial Collective Soul of SR. I like that Music momentarily takes us away to another place...

- 'Shine' ~ Collective Soul -
Old 11-10-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Absolutely...god, please don't anyone in this thread put any lids on anything and make me feel like I should!
Old 11-10-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I've been poke yoker for years... yep, always,always,always cover the sink drain when working around it...
costco = awesome
they had their own bags for each tire - bagged and tagged and put neatly in the car... fully labeled
camera - full refund no questions asked after I splained them what happended

did a little shopping and got a slice of pizza figuring they didn't call me yet... as I was walking to talk a seat to munch a slice they guy came out and pointed to me - car is ready... timing eh...

I hear the wife stirring - she got some serious zzzzzzzs , it's past 1130 and I've been at it since six, I just gotta get tires out of car and find a place for them now
Old 11-10-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

You guys can blame me for everything. It's all my fault.

Bim, I heard on the radio yesterday that scientists are keeping a close eye on Mt. St. Helen's at the moment. You may get your own fireworks show.

I'm sitting in the sun before going back in to work. Brief lull for me.

Mesa I love your comments earlier today. Yout "Even I know" comment had me chuckling.

Time to roll. Poke poke. Good philosophy. I'm used to guarding against the worst case scenario.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hang in there soberpotamus. ..I hope you get that phone call soon. Pamper yourself today, do something nice for yourself.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Day 9 of Gratitude Challenge.

Today I am grateful to be sober.
I am thankful for all my family and friends who supported me during the biggest challenge of my life, and all the new friends I have made on my journey so far.

I am thankful for my home, my health and my pet (my faithful companion).

I am thankful that I now enjoy getting up early in the morning, going for a walk down to the lake and coming home to a healthy breakfast.

I am thankful for being strong and following my dreams. Most of all, I am thankful for being given a second chance.

One of the gifts of sobriety is my newfound ability to feel gratitude. Since I am no longer consumed by an endless stream of fear, self-pity and hopelessness, I can now see beyond myself and recognise the joy of living a sober existence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1447162214731.jpg (61.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 11-10-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

The Vet -> Medicine -> That everybody wants -> Grace Potter...

Hey, it follows! That progression is as clear as 'Guy Logic' gets in this House...

- 'Medicine' ~ Grace Potter & The Nocturnals ~ Live -

A fine Morning, LBrain. Pizza & Tires. What's not to like?

Killer Pic, Tetra! Man, that's some kinda Color Saturation.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening gang
Old 11-10-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Tetra...dang...tears. I feel that gratitude. Now to get my work-face back on!