Notices

Reasons to drink today Part 2

Old 10-22-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I really miss getting so wasted on the weekends when I had to keep looking at the day of the week on my cell phone throughout the day so I would know whether it was Saturday or Sunday. And speaking of cell phones, I really miss losing mine every other day because I couldn't remember where I put it.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm running out of things to discuss with my psychiatrist. A bottle of gin should help me generate new topics.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I haven't peed the bed in a while. Might as well get myself so wasted I wake up wet. I miss that soggy and smelly in the morning feeling.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I sure miss not going to work because I am hungover which usually gives me another reason to day drink. I really miss doing that so I don't make money, who needs money right?
Old 10-22-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Trudgin

My favorite baseball team just lost in embarrassing fashion!! The sun may never rise again over Wrigley Field = I deserve it!!!

Or

My favorite baseball team just won in amazing fashion!! The sun shines brighter today over Citi Field = I deserve it!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Because I miss peeing all over the bathroom floor.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today I'd like to drink poison so that I can feel absolutely crap, both physically and mentally the next day. Also want to experience the panic attacks, the anxiety, the crushing defeat, guilt and shame that I inevitably will feel having wasted all this good 'stopping' energy to be back to ground zero. How can that possibly be worth it? Dang those pangs..I banish thee into the darkness!
Old 10-22-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

I cannot wait to go to the liquor store and argue with myself about what I want to purchase for the evening. The "good" stuff tastes better and the hangovers are not as bad. But they come in such a small quantity compared to the bottom shelf stuff that I can purchase a 1/2 gallon of an not feel bad about drinking all of it in 2 or 3 days.

Screw it, grab a 30pk of cheap beer and a bottle of the good stuff...problem solved!
Old 10-22-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Absolutely love this thread! 😂

It's great to be reminded of all the consequences particularly as I've had two days in a row now where I've nearly caved!!

Keep them coming
Old 10-22-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I cannot agree more L.
Honestly this thread makes me laugh daily. It's like chicken soup for the soul.

And since I'm on topic, there's a good reason to drink...chicken soup is yummy. If I drink, that's all I'll be able to hold down. Half a cup of soup. Well that and a pint of vodka.

My diet was soo much simpler. All I had to do was see what I had on hand that I could mix with vodka. Done!
Old 10-22-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Because I'm concerned and anxious over the sale of my parents' home -- it has hit a few rocky points, over which I have utterly no control.

Gee whiz, if I were to drink at this problem, everything would be miraculously better!
Old 10-22-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Reasons to drink today:

- Ya can't beat peeing out the window!

- Starting a fire somewhere inside the house might result in good exercise!
Old 10-22-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I really miss going to the grocery store at 6 am because I'm having withdrawals and need more booze to get rid of the shakes and anxiety. I also miss buying a bunch of groceries that I don't need at the same time so the grocery store clerk won't think I came to the store that early for just wine.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I need to get rid of this long term thinking that's finally taken root in my life with sobriety and get back to being so blinded by the fog of drinking that I can't see past arm's length.
I've also missed the crippling, debilitating anxiety that comes from heavy drinking. Time to get that going again.

Get worried about my health. On a daily basis.
Constantly wonder when pancreatitis, liver and heart disease will claim me.

Develop a siege mentality where I think everyone is against me.

Close off my heart and soul and drown them in a sea of booze.
Do and say things I'll regret.

Become argumentative over something I've misinterpreted anyway.
Wish countless days away because I'm hungover.

Become derailed. Dispirited. Depressed. Dragged down. Buried.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

8. I would like to wake up feeling completely unrested tomorrow, preferably still fully dressed and laying on my couch just so I know I got no ‘real’ sleep.

9. I want to get to work late tomorrow and spend the first few hours totally unable to concentrate due to overwhelming fatigue.

10. Hopefully the fatigue at work wears off and is replaced by unbearable anxiety leading to a panic attack. I shake uncontrollably as if I have Parkinson’s and stumble to my car in humiliation. Later comes job loss which will give me plenty more time to drink.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Feeling stressed and defeated by my job just doesn't feel sh*tty enough when I'm not hung over and secretly shotgunning beers in the bathroom.

Going to the gym regularly for an extended period of time and actually seeing results is scary...I'm not supposed to be this "together".
Old 10-22-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It's been a while since I tipped the delivery guy $25 for a $10 bill because I feel friendly, I don't need the money.

Plus I love going to bed without brushing my teeth because I passed out.

It's also been a while since I sent my ex boyfriend a random email out of nowhere that simply says " f$&? You"
Old 10-22-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Feeling stressed and defeated by my job just doesn't feel sh*tty enough when I'm not hung over and secretly shotgunning beers in the bathroom.

Going to the gym regularly for an extended period of time and actually seeing results is scary...I'm not supposed to be this "together".
Old 10-22-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm getting tired of being able to look people in the eye when I talk to them.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Once again..big chuckles today. Thank you.

Today I get my son. Gotta drive 2hrs to meet half way. What a pain in the butt. If I could just get jailed for drunk driving, problem solved.

Plus I don't believe my 12yr old son really understands how bad I was off. That would help clarify it for him if I was jailed.