Notices

Reasons to drink today Part 2

Old 11-02-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Because I really miss that Monday morning search for the *bonus* empty wine bottles I hid while my husband was out over the weekend as soon as he leaves for work.
Which I cleverly hid- in plain sight under the computer desk. It took me two hours to find them.

btw - this is a great thread!
Old 11-02-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Snowdawg, I have notices the same, already..."allergies" or whatever it was, much reduced. Sure miss that stuffed up, drippy feeling.

I also deeply miss knowing that even if I were to try, I can't give my best at work. Now I have to *actually* TRY in order to see whether failure is inevitable.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Jane8 View Post
Because I really miss that Monday morning search for the *bonus* empty wine bottles I hid while my husband was out over the weekend as soon as he leaves for work.
Which I cleverly hid- in plain sight under the computer desk. It took me two hours to find them.

btw - this is a great thread!
Old 11-17-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I miss acting. The fun of presenting myself as anyone other than who I am is long gone. It was like being in a job interview every day! "I am a hard worker, reliable, outgoing, and live working in a team environment. I am looking forward for the opportunity to continue my growth".
Old 11-17-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

This is HANDS DOWN the best thread I have ever read...I hope we all keep it going!

My reasons that I have to have 12-18 beers tonight are as follows:

-It has been too long since having I have had my wife tell me "we talked about this last night, but you obviously don't remember." That always feels so good!

-It has been too long since I have woken up 2 hours before my alarm goes off for work and I sit in bed thinking of every acceptable excuse that they will buy why I can't make it in.

-It has been way too long since I had a panic attack, shakes, and felt like my heart was going to come out of my chest.

-I am dressing way too well lately. Need to get back to not caring about my appearance throughout the day.

-I don't have chores to do on the weekends anymore since I am staying on top of everything during the week. I really miss all the dirty dishes and piles of laundry that need to get done while recovering on Sunday morning. Need to get back to that.

-I really hate being so attentive to the needs of my children right now. I was doing so well grooming ultra independent, resilient children who knew how to take care of themselves because once I started drinking I didn't want to be bothered. I am definitely harming them in the long run being too loving and caring right now. They might miss out on the great therapy appointments that I go through. Setting them up for failure.

-I hate the affection my wife is giving me. Doesn't she know that I'M NOT A PIECE OF MEAT!

-I am not sure being driven at work, making money to take care of my family, and live a nice lifestyle is for me. I am not sure I want to be this stable.

-I really miss finding myself drunk, crying to music and/or movies for no reason.

I think I will stop here so I have more to post in the future. Love this !
Old 11-17-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

-It has been too long since having I have had my wife tell me "we talked about this last night, but you obviously don't remember." That always feels so good!

This so resonates with me. I can so do without hearing this comment in the morning ever again.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I detest waking up feeling this good and energetic with a crystal clear recollection of last night. Said no one ever...
Old 11-17-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Haha oh man, I'm really vibing on this thread!
If I may ...
Could knock a few back today and pick up some coke cause lord knows the good folks of the royal Newfoundland constabulary are probably wondering we're I've been , and I must say, the breakfast sandwhichs in the tank are pretty dang good
Old 11-17-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I miss leaving the office and trying to figure out which store I can stop in that I haven't been to recently. After all, I wouldn't want the clerks to know how much I drink.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I don't like dealing with stress or pressure. I'd rather just put those issues aside and deal with them later. I know they'll only be stronger and harder to deal with. But...I'll be able to deal with them better later. Just not "feeling it" right now.

Tomorrow will be a bad day cause I won't be much in the mood for anything after drinking. So I'll be good and ready to face my problems in 2 days. Yup. Good and ready.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I really want to get a 6er on my way home from working overnight tonight. Have to mask the tired with a buzz instead of getting some sleep.

I will get a dirty look from the cashier for buying booze at 8am. I'll drink all 6 by 10 am and go get a couple more tall boys for a total of 10 beers. Down those by noon. Pass out with the oven on and frozen pizza thawing on the counter, because I wanted to soak it up, but wasted instead.

Wake up at 3pm to get my kids from school and unsuccessfully try to get some more sleep, before I rinse and repeat with a pounding hangover and 3 hours of sleep for the next night of work.

fun stuff
Old 11-22-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Because that parked car I clipped has 3 more fenders waiting to be redesigned.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Bc I want to get nasty texts from my drug dealer. Bc I want to have to have the rule " If I don't remember it, it didn't happen". Bc I want to fight with my husband and threaten to divorce him 6 months into our relationship.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I haven't had much adventure lately. Oh how I miss jumping into a car with a total stranger after bar hours without a care if I'd make it home or be thrown off a bridge. I miss that ability to talk about such XXX rated subjects to people I just met that it would put the filthiest talker to shame. I miss the way I'd perceive an innocent conversation for an attack against me and tell somebody off in a heartbeat, picking up a heavy object as someone manages to pry it out of my hand before I strike! My tv's not busted! My windows are intact! I've got no bruises! Where'd all the fun go?
Old 11-22-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I have a very important day tomorrow at work. What better to complement it than with a stabbing headache, chills, and a sheen of cold sweat on my red flushed face?

It's almost winter now. Nothing like people asking you why you're sweating when there's a frost outside!
Old 11-23-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
I miss acting.
Oh yes. Meryl Street has nothing on me. She may have three Oscars but I've got her beat. You should have seen my roles in.....

Gone With the IBS
Who's Afraid of Virginia Smelling Like Alcohol The Next Morning?
Pscycho (Blackout)
The Way We Were Counting Our Drinks
Bridges of Rotating Liquor Stores
August Osage Shaky Hands When Putting In My Contacts
The English Drunk Patient
The Girl With the Draggin' Hangover
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button's Blackout Crying
ET Phone Ex at 2 AM on a Monday
The Social Network Drunk Posts
Annie Waking Up in the Hall
The Sound of Slurring
Moonstruck My Chin on the Dresser When I Fell Down
Fried Green Tomatoes Burned in the Pan During a Blackout
Saturday Night Fever. Sunday Morning Hangover
The Crying Game In Public to Strangers
Old 11-23-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I think I'll slam a few down this morning to help with the anesthesia I'm going to need this afternoon for hand surgery. Yah that's a brilliant idea...
Old 11-23-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

.....I miss feeling sorry for the people who don't drink cos when they wake up in the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day....
Old 11-23-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I think I'll have just one because my life is too stable, I have way too much money and my kids are minding. The apple cart is running much-too-smoothly....
Old 11-23-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I miss mysterious bumps and bruises. Like a regular Rubik's Cube, those bumps and bruises.