Notices

Reasons to drink today Part 2

Old 10-23-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I miss looking in the mirror in the morning and wondering where my eyelids went. Being bloated and swollen is extremely attractive.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I really miss walking back from the store with my Chihuahua leashed in the middle of a busy Southern California intersection crosswalk, when the plastic bag with my sixer of tall boys decides to break. Me scrambling to pick them up, all scattered about before the light changes. All at ten in the morning.
These things always seemed to happen back then.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I miss not being able to count past 5

Day 1, day 2, day 3
Day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4, day 5
Day 1
Day 1
Day 1
Day 1, day 2

Repeat and rinse.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So I can wake up with red eyes and try to pass them off as allergies
So I can feel horrible guilt all the time
So I can feel like my head and heart are going to explode every time I walk somewhere
So I can feel humiliated and ashamed of all the hurtful things I said (and didn't mean) trying to push the world away from me so I can just be left alone with my drink
So I can feel like an ultimate loser
So I can have an excuse not to exercise at all since my heart beats too fast just from a simple stroll
So I can ignore my responsibilities and just go back to bed
And the list goes on ...
Life is so much better without the guilt and self imposed sickness.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fluffer View Post
...cause there's nothing as cool as a middle age guy on a drink and drug binge...

HAHA, you made me laugh out loud today and I was feeling a bit blue.
The female equivalent is just as cool and sexy by the way!
Many thanks, haha.
xx
Old 10-24-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I miss that instant you are jolted out of being passed out, when your BAC has dropped, and the hangover is looming.

And you get the pure blissful joy of knowing you just threw away another day in your life.

Will today's hangover include vomiting bile, or just thinking you are going to have a heart attack or a seizure all day ? Only time will tell.

But oh what fun, as we await the fate that last nights binge brings with it.

Living on the edge.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Into the Void

... because I miss the drama of leading a double life switching between a responsible job during the day and drunk at night...
Old 10-24-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
I miss not being able to count past 5

Day 1, day 2, day 3
Day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4, day 5
Day 1
Day 1
Day 1
Day 1, day 2

Repeat and rinse.
Ugh, tell me about it...
Old 10-24-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I miss waking up on Saturday morning and having to plan my whole weekend around drinking wine, where I will buy it (since I can't keep going to the same store), and making sure I have enough to keep me sufficiently buzzed all weekend so I don't have to drive anywhere to get more. Oh, and I also miss gathering all the bottles and wrapping them up in newspaper, bubble wrap, whatever I can find so I can hide them in the trash so they won't make too much noise when the trash collectors come on Monday. I miss all of the planning and organizing it takes to be an alcoholic...I miss the exhaustion and insanity of it all.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
I miss that instant you are jolted out of being passed out, when your BAC has dropped, and the hangover is looming.

And you get the pure blissful joy of knowing you just threw away another day in your life.

Will today's hangover include vomiting bile, or just thinking you are going to have a heart attack or a seizure all day ? Only time will tell.

But oh what fun, as we await the fate that last nights binge brings with it.

Living on the edge.
Sounds like we were both living in the same crappy existence, you nailed the dreadful feelings.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm feeling too well.......it's too bad I didn't get to throw up this morning and I don't have the runs. Life sucks!
Old 10-24-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I so want to wake up vomiting my guts up and having the runs... Yeah that sounds so fun! Oh oh I also miss not remembering how verbally abusive I was to my husband and asking for forgiveness. I so miss my daytime sleeps and neglecting my kids welfare. I miss making a prat of myself on a regular basis and falling over too!!! Yeah yeah thats why I want to drink today!!!

Ps fab fab post btw!
Old 10-24-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

It's really entertaining to fall down drunk at home, need stitches and CT scan on head for a possible subdural hematoma, but not go to ER till next day! It was so fun to get sewed up on a non fresh wound. Hee hee what good times!
Old 10-24-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
It's really entertaining to fall down drunk at home, need stitches and CT scan on head for a possible subdural hematoma, but not go to ER till next day! It was so fun to get sewed up on a non fresh wound. Hee hee what good times!
Been there, I have a nice scar over my left eyebrow. As you mentioned yup I went to the ER the next day.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I miss (like it was yesterday) making the people who love me wonder when I am going to "come back." Heck that kind of family tradition is priceless isn't it?? I remember being very very young and knowing that when any of my family had any amount to drink...ANY...they were not themselves, and I knew I would just have to wait for that person to "come back". It is so much fun to pass along these experiences to another generation! The suspense, the crushing drop in expectations, the new hope...who doesn't love a roller coaster that you can't get off? Wheee!

I am not sure I can really be funny yet, but I'd like to try.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
I miss (like it was yesterday) making the people who love me wonder when I am going to "come back." Heck that kind of family tradition is priceless isn't it?? I remember being very very young and knowing that when any of my family had any amount to drink...ANY...they were not themselves, and I knew I would just have to wait for that person to "come back". It is so much fun to pass along these experiences to another generation! The suspense, the crushing drop in expectations, the new hope...who doesn't love a roller coaster that you can't get off? Wheee!

I am not sure I can really be funny yet, but I'd like to try.
Oh I like that, waiting for people or myself to 'come back'
Xoxoxo
Old 10-24-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Cause I'm feeling too happy these days and really want to mess it up.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Because I want to wake up on the floor of my office with my winter jacket, boots, gloves etc on.
I have no idea why I went to my office and slept on the floor, I'm just glad no staff or clients came in!!!
Probably in my drunk mind I thought it would be easier to just go there and be there for work in the morning?!?!
Old 10-24-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I have a colleague at work who used to tell me how "tired" I looked on a regular basis. This used to annoy me no end, since I was trying to pretend that I was not wrecked from a night of drinking. Now I know she was trying, in her own way, to tell me she knew what was going on and she was concerned... Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, she has not told me that I look "tired" in years, and I miss doing that awful dance.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Because I want to rent a bunch of movies and not remember them in the morning, and have to re rent them so I can get my money's worth out of them, then repeat again, and again, and again, until I am tired of spending money on the same movies, and/or the clerk thinks I am nuts for continually watching the same movies over and over