Administrator

Reasons to drink today Part 2

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ink-today.html

D
Old 10-21-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

So I can enjoy that look of disgust from my wife as I cannot get out of bed to play with my son.

Also, the toilet and I have grown to be close friends and he appreciates the hugs I give him every now and again.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I miss that morning inventory when I first wake up and try to decide how bad I'm going to feel when I get out of bed. Sets a great tone for the day!

I miss the challenge of trying to wash my hair and apply eye makeup with shaky hands. I was much more creative with the eye shadow and eyeliner back then.

Waking up with my tongue glued to the roof of my mouth ensured that I would drink enough water to stay hydrated for the day. Now I'm not sure if I'm getting enough because I'm hardly ever thirsty!

It's a bummer suddenly having so many dishes to wash these days. At least when I was drinking, I wasn't using so many dishes cooking for my family.

And the morning drive to work is so boring these days without white knuckling my steering wheel and jumping out of my skin at every little shadow on that appears on the road.

Dang, life is boring these days.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I haven't woken up with my pants around my ankles on the bathroom floor in awhile.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love this thread. Brings a big smile to my face.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I haven't destroyed any relationships for a while or alienated my family, I should totally do that.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have actuall been to work for 3 straight weeks, every day without taking a sick day.. I bet the boss thinks somethings wrong with me!! I am actuall at work 15-20mnts early��
Old 10-21-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So I can wake up to the feeling of impeding doom. It never gets old.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm getting too much out of my life these days. I'd like to waste some time making myself sick.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Okay never posted in this thread....I think I should drink, by myself of course, so I can listen to music that makes me sad, maybe cry a bit (cause that's always fun) feel sorry for myself for so many perceived injustices, maybe eat a bunch of crap I shouldn't eat. Then I get to wake up late after a lousy sleep, miss yoga, look at my blood shot eyes and think "that was really fun,". Yeah think I'll do that
Old 10-21-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey this reverse psychology stuff works. Deeeee? You sly devil
Old 10-21-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My first post on this thread, but feel it's needed today. I need to drink so I can wake up in the morning and almost have a panic attack wondering if I really hit the send button on that email. It is so much fun to lash out at people who have no clue they've hurt your feelings or let them know how wrong they are. Being drunk definitely brings out the sensibility in me.

Great thread! I think I'll stick with sobriety today.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I am moving to a new state and a new house soon. That gives me a ton of new opportunities for hiding the empty bottles and nobody would be the wiser!

On that note, it would be awesome to play "Beat the Clock" on my move if I was drinking. Can she get everything packed by the deadline? Let's throw in a challenge and see if she can pack her entire house in 48 hours with a raging hangover! 50 extra points! And another 50 points if she can remember her new address for the movers! Woo-hoo!
Old 10-21-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

...because I haven't had the shakes for a while and I haven't felt like I am going to have a heart attack from the extreme anxiety I experience from alcohol withdrawal.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober since 1st January 2016

Oooooh there's loads of reasons to drink today!

...so my kids can find me blacked out on the couch in the morning with wine bottles all over the living room
...so I can post messages on Social Media that will offend my good friends
...so I feel too sick to exercise
...so I eat utter garbage all day
...so I feel like throwing up when I get in the car
...so I snap at my kids in self-loathing projected
...so I can have 0% productivity in work and look forward to twice the workload tomorrow
...so I can pretend to everyone in the office that I'm not hungover and everything is fine as I laugh and joke whilst waves of crippling nausea wash over me
...so I can play the 'dodge my colleagues' game as I walk to the toilet, so no one can smell stale wine on me
...AND FINALLY... So I can go home with the shakes and bad anxiety at the end of the day knowing that the only way to feel instantly better is to start this roller coaster again.

Pass the booze!!!!
Old 10-21-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Into the Void

...cause there's nothing as cool as a middle age guy on a drink and drug binge...
Old 10-22-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yay!!! This is a great thread......laughing so much at all ur posts!!!

There's nothing quite like the slurring words, wobbley legs & utter c☆☆p spoken whilst wasted. The sneaking of empty bottles into the recycling bin so my partner thinks ive just had 1 bottle.
The wonderful 6am wake up from the kiddies, trying to act like a good mum but really im not as im still pissed! The shame u feel for the next few days is just wonderful, the lovely bloated feeling, u know u just cant beat it!!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm pretty much done investing time and energy on long term, life-affirming goals.

I'd like to go back to focusing on short term goals- like making sure I have enough beer for the night, managing a hangover, and finding a way to involve alcohol in every activity!
Old 10-22-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

^^^^Yes! Darn it...I too miss the challenge of working alcohol into every activity I do .

My creative juices were really flowing. I challenged anybody to name a single activity where I could not include alcohol. Where there is a will, there IS a way.

P.S. The same goes for sobriety
Old 10-22-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Because it would have made today's ER trip with my mother, just all that more exciting. They could have put me up next to her for blood pressure of 190/105