Notices

Weekender October 9th

Old 10-11-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

I'm back from my meeting. On my return I stopped to vacuum my car out and washed it. Bought cat food. Now I'm relaxing before church.

DeathMental, it's great that you can now work on your teeth. Good luck at the dentist. Bring us with you in your pocket.

Mesa thank you for posting that link. It is a cool place. I'll post some pictures.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Della)) thinking of you today and hoping you're better.

Brain all the hunting talk reminds me of Live Free or Die. They went turkey hunting last week wearing animal fur???

Bordering on hot today. Coffees ready. Wish I had a personal assistant. Have y'all seen Ladies of London? There's a lady on there that gets her coffee brought to her in bed by a personal assistant guy. Poor thing,
Old 10-11-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

The green stone church. It was non denominational but is now a Methodist church. I enhanced the color slightly. I found a good photo editing app called snapseed. I like it. The color as it is in the photo is how it appears on more cloudy days
Old 10-11-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

These are representative houses. Some are bigger and slightly fancier but all are red brick. It's very Victorian London.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Brynn, every time I see the ad for Live Free or Die I think it's going to be a travel show for New Hampshire as that's the state motto.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Cool church!

Ruby i thought of New Hampshire too! I've only seen it twice and I thought they were in Alaska for some reason. Turns out they're in various places across the lower 48. Interesting.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

It's not the bow, it's the Indian. Sage words, indeed.

This, from the Daily Reflections over on the AA board:

'Hi, we are Alcoholics Anonymous, we're a fellowship of self-admitted alcoholics and pathological liars; we want you to trust us. If you can believe that, you can start getting well. - Doug D.
Carry on, I'm eating breakfast at the computer. I'm going to that church.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice pics Ruby
Old 10-11-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

The beautiful St. Croix River today:

I'm standing in Wisconsin, the other side is Minnesota.

Venecia - I, for one, was quite happy to see Bloom County back on FB. I had a good chuckle at that one this morning.

Cool pics, Ruby!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Can't wait to hear about it, Bimini!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Beautiful pics!!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Afternoon gang

Some great pics - when I get home I will be able to see them on a bigger seen than my phone

Loved the cartoon Venecia lol!

Got the rugby on my jury rigged garage TV (MesaMan would not be impressed) Go Ireland, you are cursed with my support now

Camo gear, does it work? Most ruminants can only see from green down to violet but they can smell and hear pretty good
Old 10-11-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Thanks for the pics Ruby and MLD!

Not much happening today, I'm going to miss thanksgiving today because of work, but that's ok.
Not much planned- work, clean my house, study, drink tea, cook :-)

My date went alright, he's really handsome and smart, but I've been kinda hooked on my TA at school ( Teaching assistant to the prof) he's a ph.d student and in a position of authority over me, so I stay back, I only talk to him about the related class topic and I keep a bit of a distance.
I don't let on that I'm head over heels for him; because I don't want to compromise all his hard work, or have it affect how he grades my work, but I'm pretty sure he feels the same
Anyway, everytime I'm out with another guy, I really just want to be with him, so I'll stop dating and just be single for a while.
If I still like him in January I might approach him, once this semester is over.

Other than that, my house is a mess, but all is good! Very grateful for SR and the journey to sobriety with all its ups and downs.

Oh yeah, in the last few weeks I had gotten my drinking down to a reasonable level, normal almost ( 1 bottle of wine a week) but I still couldn't stop it all together, I had no delusions that I was moderating successfully, the wine and I knew how dark our relationship was.
But that aside; even though I was barely over the reccomended guidelines, I noticed that one bottle of wine was giving me insomnia, depression and anxiety for 2-4 days afterwards, which is actually delightful because even if I'm behaving somewhat, I still can't drink without suffering for days afterwards.

It's easier to explain to people too, when I don't drink I just tell them it gives me insomnia for days after and everyone chalks it up to an allergy, instead of telling me I don't even drink that much etc
Old 10-11-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Sorry for typo MesaMan!

Ah yes, Ireland are playing in two sporting events today. Gwan the boys in green!!!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Jsbodhi. ..I know what you mean about explaining to people. It is easier to tell people that alcohol interferes with sleep. And it's the truth. I just told someone this morning that I quit drinking because I was turning to it too much to deal with stress. I didn't I needed to explain any further. I have also told people that it causes insomnia for me. Also the truth. I don't have to explain to casual acquaintances that it was a serious problem for me.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Sober Enders!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2208.JPG (88.2 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-11-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Olive, every time someone posts that picture, I think it is in my house. I have a couch in that fabric, and many a picture taken with animals on that couch.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

spent the 'morning' cooking and cleaning up, listening to the game on the radio, beautiful day outside again, time for a shower and put on outside clothes...

a wise fellow said this many many years ago, if they don't smell you they'll hear you, if they don't hear you they will see you, getting past the first two is a chore. But being silent is much easier than being invisible. And being scent free is relatively easy as well.

When a deer sees a person wearing camo from 50 yards away it looks like one of those target silhouettes. Just a big blob of something.

I though of this this morning. When I walked into my kitchen there was a stink bug crawling on it. I wasn't even looking up but I caught it immediately. Being a person in the woods to deer is like coming home and finding someone sitting on your couch. You are in their home and they know what belongs and what doesn't. That's why the typical camo patterns are junk. They look cool in the store, but in the woods they are nothing more than big blob of mass.
But yeah, it works. Even the cheap stuff works in the right conditions - but as soon as you move you're busted. I have stood like a statue for more than 10 minutes with a deer looking straight at me. They know something ain't right - and they get out of there quick. If you move a muscle, they bolt like Jessie Owens. A deer will spot you scratching your nose a hundred yards away...

But in the proper camo that is designed with function in mind. It makes a huge difference. Some of the best camo doesn't even look like 'camo'.
It looks like kids pajamas.
Okay, I'm done with camo and deer. I guess that was my tip of the day.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Good news on the horizon: the mild, dry weather looks likely to stay for another few days, so plenty of beautiful views like this shot from the Prom.
Attached Images
Old 10-11-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hey!

Lookie Me! I'm on line now at smokin' speed through our new, hotchit Wireless Router. Man, lotsa malarkey and Power Resets, but finally got it cookin'. Meanwhile, Da Wife's Apple Laptop popped right on the Network in literally 30 seconds. In her customary Celebratory Ritual, she just filled her Pipe, and is now reading the Newspaper on line while extremely happy with me. After changing some Security Settings very carefully, I'm away to the Dog Park. We're broadcasting our Bidness to the World up here, but on a very odd, uber-high frequency. No worries just yet...

Sao, I'm impressed with your TV Antenna goings-on! Old School, Sir. I'm gonna muck with our first HDTV Antenna mid-term. Roku first. That's my next Project. You should fill in the Plebeians here on how Brit TV Liesenses work. -> That poor spelling gets around a Filtered word here I just encountered <- I find all that Brit TV stuff pretty amusing...

I tried this Wireless Bridge Antenna inside a line-of-sight House Window, and speed dropped to ~1/10th of here outside. Some Geeks have done that behind-Glass install in Urban areas, but the Antenna needs to go back under House Eave soon for the permanent install.

Nice Pix, but Food and Bacon Topix seem to be slackin' just a tad today. Guilty, here, as charged.

Our own Captain Camo, here, reminded me that 7 Deer just appeared outside our Kitchen Window yesterday Morning. BAM! Just like that. Unlike the usual Locals, they scattered from just hearing the Front Door open. Usually, they look up in curiosity, and do nothing.

Here's a look-alike/act-alike in this Household...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Goldie By Bed.jpg (12.9 KB, 32 views)