View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Jsbodhi

Thanks for the pics Ruby and MLD!

Not much happening today, I'm going to miss thanksgiving today because of work, but that's ok.
Not much planned- work, clean my house, study, drink tea, cook :-)

My date went alright, he's really handsome and smart, but I've been kinda hooked on my TA at school ( Teaching assistant to the prof) he's a ph.d student and in a position of authority over me, so I stay back, I only talk to him about the related class topic and I keep a bit of a distance.
I don't let on that I'm head over heels for him; because I don't want to compromise all his hard work, or have it affect how he grades my work, but I'm pretty sure he feels the same
Anyway, everytime I'm out with another guy, I really just want to be with him, so I'll stop dating and just be single for a while.
If I still like him in January I might approach him, once this semester is over.

Other than that, my house is a mess, but all is good! Very grateful for SR and the journey to sobriety with all its ups and downs.

Oh yeah, in the last few weeks I had gotten my drinking down to a reasonable level, normal almost ( 1 bottle of wine a week) but I still couldn't stop it all together, I had no delusions that I was moderating successfully, the wine and I knew how dark our relationship was.
But that aside; even though I was barely over the reccomended guidelines, I noticed that one bottle of wine was giving me insomnia, depression and anxiety for 2-4 days afterwards, which is actually delightful because even if I'm behaving somewhat, I still can't drink without suffering for days afterwards.

It's easier to explain to people too, when I don't drink I just tell them it gives me insomnia for days after and everyone chalks it up to an allergy, instead of telling me I don't even drink that much etc