Notices

Weekend June 18 Pt 2

Old 06-23-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Your son is cute and that's quite the catfish! My betta died a while ago. So did my two catfish. We have five of the swordtail mollies. I think the four adults are the four babies who survived the last time. I'm wondering how many little fish have been born in the tank. Apparently they only take 30 days gestation so I've had them over a year.

Storage Wars is on. There was a Dr. Who episode but missed the beginning. All the reruns are new to me because I was always drunk when I watched them. Sad. Same with books.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Draggy for dragon? Cute baby fish too.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Yeah, it's a dragon tail, so he called it draggy. He is very inventive lol
Old 06-23-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Your son is adorable, learning. You are blessed.

My sad fish story: When I was 10 I FINALLY got a fish tank and two fish (can't remember the variety, just that I got them at Walmart which might account for the sad part of the story). Anyway......came home from school one day to find they had apparently committed suicide by jumping out of the tank. I was devastated but always suspected one of my brothers might have helped them along.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

We have had a few tank wipe outs. Just hoping it stays stable right now!

Thank you for the kind words regarding my boy, he is cute, but I might be biased! I still have yet to figure out where he found the strength to pull in the catfish!
Old 06-23-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

A catchy lil ditty from our Collegiate Stoner Daze...

- Roly Poly Fish Heads -
Old 06-23-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Learning, you have a precious son.
della...I never heard of doctor who either before this forum! I thought I was the only person in the world who never heard of it. Lol.
I have 5 neon fish...leftovers from a large tank I used to have. I will let them live out their lives.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

I don't post on weekend threads, but I needed somewhere to say that I'm feeling amazing about sobriety tonight. Today is definitely one of the good days. Im not euphoric, just calm and happy. Good night people.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good for you, blisswithin....life is good.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good night Bliss. Those good days are what it's all about. I'll take calm and reasonably happy any day.

Some fish will flip out of the tank unaided by human intervention. You can let your brothers off the hook.

I'm headed for bed soon. See you all in the morning
Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Just collided with the mid week hump. Restless night, bad dreams, and early morning wakening.

On a lighter note, we have our first visitor at the moment. Nice to hear new activity in the homestead. Beautiful red sky last night.

B
Old 06-24-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I'm almost too intimidated to begin Doctor Who!
Old 06-24-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

woke up to the birds singing... wet outside and low 60s. Had my cheerios and hand full of blueberries. I doubt we'll be freezing any as they are part of the daily intake. They are awesome!

-- was interrupted by the recycling truck. I had some metal 'poles' I used in the garden for years from a broken down screen house. It was time, into the recycling truck they went.

I suppose an early start is in order today.

And yes, we sit and relax and enjoy our garden every night this past week eating outside. I sit and relax a lot... As soon as she is finished with all this studying/testing maybe she will too. She notified me when she is done she is taking joint custody of the garden - uh oh!

I wonder for those that name fish, do they come when you call them?
Old 06-24-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I wish I liked them they are super good for you.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

happy hump day! Behan, once we get some time under our belts and learn how to relax and accept every day as a gift, hump day will become just another day. As we learn to live in the moment, not completely unaware of the big picture of course, each day will become its own. No better and no worse than the days surrounding it. We'll learn to live every day as a new day. Every challenge we face will become nothing more than a simple task. We no longer allow the stressors in our lives to control us. We control ourselves. Our minds become clear and our purpose for living has new meaning. We are no longer a slave to our thoughts or the perceived expectations of others.
We become free. I know this.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

and thanks for the comments on my garden, we do sit and enjoy it. Every night since we returned we have our evening meal outside and enjoy the surroundings. I made a command decision - more string beans! Have to space, have the 'seeds'. What stopping me. And then, I won't have to worry about it. I went through the freezing process in my head this morning. I figure we should be able to have 'beans' 3x a week over the year if I do it right. Of course we'll get sick of beans. BUt I must take into account... Do the starving people of the world get sick of having a bowl of rice? No, they are glad to have it.

almost forgot, I think Mesa and I are the only critters who posted or would post rolly polly fish heads...

Did you know that Will Robinson - lost in space was behind this smash hit?

Last edited by LBrain; 06-24-2015 at 04:15 AM. Reason: warning will robinson
Old 06-24-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
and thanks for the comments on my garden, we do sit and enjoy it. Every night since we returned we have our evening meal outside and enjoy the surroundings. I made a command decision - more string beans! Have to space, have the 'seeds'. What stopping me. And then, I won't have to worry about it. I went through the freezing process in my head this morning. I figure we should be able to have 'beans' 3x a week over the year if I do it right. Of course we'll get sick of beans. BUt I must take into account... Do the starving people of the world get sick of having a bowl of rice? No, they are glad to have it.

almost forgot, I think Mesa and I are the only critters who posted or would post rolly polly fish heads...

Did you know that Will Robinson - lost in space was behind this smash hit?
Whaaat??? Fish heads is my theme song!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Lovely morning here too, I am relaxing with a coffee. Took advice and emailed the evidence I have to the attorney, a relief to not have to think about it any more.

The fish come when you go near the tank, hopeful you are going to feed them! They do not answer to their names sadly, but then neither does my son - he was awarded the "Superstar listener" award for second grade at his school this year. Later that night as I was trying to get him to finish up his chores, I commented "I have no idea how you managed to get the superstar listener award". He replied "Mom, I am listening, I am just not doing, I did not get a superstar doer award". Oh, I see the teenage years already.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
happy hump day! Behan, once we get some time under our belts and learn how to relax and accept every day as a gift, hump day will become just another day. As we learn to live in the moment, not completely unaware of the big picture of course, each day will become its own. No better and no worse than the days surrounding it. We'll learn to live every day as a new day. Every challenge we face will become nothing more than a simple task. We no longer allow the stressors in our lives to control us. We control ourselves. Our minds become clear and our purpose for living has new meaning. We are no longer a slave to our thoughts or the perceived expectations of others.
We become free. I know this.
I love this. Very well said and so true. It's why I love the fact that I don't drink. )
Old 06-24-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 160 (permalink)