Notices

Weekend June 18 Pt 2

Old 06-24-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Lmao, Learningagain... ya know, I'm not sure how the Beagles are going to like the hats. We shall see

Haha!! Reindeer costumes for your cats? There is no way in heck mine would allow it. No way
Old 06-24-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Soberpotomus.... by all means layer xown the newspaper. If it's going to be permanent and deep. Sure. I only use plastic for top cover around veggie plants for the season. Actually first time I'm using plastic. Thinking of manhours saved pulling weeds. Not going to cover plastic with anything. It lookks nust beautiful as it is.
photo later maybe of my method for starting new bean plants.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Now I gotta get my hands on a whole bunch of newspaper... Craigslist ad? Hmmm. I just get the NYT online, no paper

Yeah, LBrain, please do post some more pics of your methods/progress.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

At the dentist. Ugh. Got some pots planted. Dropped little Miss at my parents. Dad was napping. At 11 a.m. I'm worried about him and my mother who is carrying on but isn't happy. It's the pneumonia with Dad. It lingers apparently and as his health isn't the best, it's knocking him out.

Time to go inside. Talk to you all later. Learningagain, you and I will do yard work this weekend. Mine is so scraggly it's embarrassing.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I think my plants drowned, at least a lot of them. The drainage is poor and we had so much rain I will just try and save the remaining ones. We only moved here last Sept, so a bit of trial and error on what would work in the little flower bed - we are in a condo, so they look after the front garden, just my back one to tend to!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bear up Mesa, don't let the ba****ds grind you down.

There is a really good article in the Guardian today headed 'Why is nicotine so addictive?' by Marc Lewis. It is not just about nicotine ut about the chemistry of desire

The link doesn't seem to want to load from my phone - I'll try fro my desktop when I get home but if in the meantime anyone can find it and post it well it is really interesting
Let me Google "the guardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/24/why-is-nicotine-so-addictive?" for you
Old 06-24-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hey! My search gets posted?
Old 06-24-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

About to go pick up my son from his fishing camp. He has been with his dad since Friday, so I am looking forward to hearing about how his camp is going! Who knows, maybe his dad even put a check in his bag to cover his half - yeah right!!!

Not sure what we will do tonight, I want to go to the pool, but depends how tired he is, especially as he was at the pool with his siblings last night, plus his first day back it is often hard to get him to leave! I think his cat knows he is coming (I swear she knows he is gone usually a max of 5 days) cos she is being super annoying right now!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I just spent two hours in the dentist chair.

Two.

Hours.

I would rather watch Napoleon Dynamite.

#grumpysober
Old 06-24-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Poor Bim, hope you have recovered

My link did work (I guess I should tried it before losing patience - that is me to a T)
Old 06-24-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

The gal who takes the money at the end sent me home with a little goodie bag with two juice cartons, a snack-pack of peanut butter crackers and a granola bar. I scarfed it down and I'm sitting here at home trying to recover.

The dentist freaks me out - seriously, I get hit with fight-or-flight really bad. Adrenaline pumping for the whole time I'm there. Two hours is one hour too long.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

If I get up in time and sort a few things out I'm going flounder fishing tomorrow. Step 1: Ask wife IF I can go. I already know I can but asking for permission and getting a resounding absolutely is a bonus.

Checked my rod and reel. Have plenty of flounder rigs and everything I need except GULP. I was hoping to go for sea bass (tasty little guys). But this is strictly a fluke trip. Party boat in a different sense of the word. Last time I went on a boat one guy complained later because I drank all of his beer after I finished all of mine. Funny how that happens.
Tomorrow - just me taking the drive to Jersey and getting on a boat. The captain likes to pull out early if he has enough people to prevent the boat from getting crowded - excellent plan. Weather should be nice and I heard they had a good day today. Five flounder equals four filets each. Equals five meals. I need a doormat(2 meals) to win the pool so I get my money back. Up at 4 for the 2 hour drive to NJ shore. I deserve a day of pleasure! I have ice tea in bottles and should check for v-water. A couple sammies and I'm golden. SPF 50!
Early night for me.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Bim sorry to hear of you fear of the dentist and your two hour ordeal.

I think I watched Napoleon Dynamite about only ten times. Yeah, much better than the dentist.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Ewww I hate the dentist too!

We are off to the local pool in a bit (after the starving small one finishing inhaling his early dinner!). He is full of himself and his camp - has not stopped talking about all his knowledge (that is how he refers to it!). They are off on a field trip tomorrow, so he is super excited. I need to take him swimming before my ears start bleeding from fishing tales!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Actually, I did not like Napoleon Dynamite.

So insert any movie you dislike. Two hours of torture is what I'm sayin.

I'm over it. It happens once a year (if nothing goes wrong in between.) This time it was full mouth XRays, exam, and deep cleaning - with a new hygienist. I wanted to swing through and get beer on the way home - like the old days but I told myself to get over that thought right then. I just had a root canal! I should be good for a while, right?

Okay, I'm done. I've eaten, I'm going to go take a much needed walk - in the rain.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey team.... What's big and shiny and new each week?
Old 06-24-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Dentist yuck....but I love getting my teeth cleaned!

Hope you catch at least five fish tomorrow, Brain. Sounds like a nice day.

Ate lunch at The Chocolate Angel with a neighbor.....Art, have you been before? Anyway, had grilled pimento cheese with candied jalapeņo on sourdough. Very tasty. But the best part.....desert. Puff pastry with fresh whipped cream and strawberries! Amazing! Now that I'm not working I get to join the ranks of ladies who lunch. I could get used to this!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hey team.... What's big and shiny and new each week?
The sober bus? Hope I get it right for once!!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
The sober bus? Hope I get it right for once!!
You win brynn!!!!

And that rhymes!!!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Woohoo!