Notices

Weekend June 18 Pt 2

Old 06-23-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I am ripping through my savings on the Lancia. I will have to make a decision fairly soon as to do I whack things on Credit Card (high interest but can bay back in full as soon as i've sold the car) apply for a bank loan (Medium interest, medium term length and penalties for paying off early) or get mortgage on my flat (lowest interest but longest payment schedule, again penalties for early payment) Plus taking out a mortgage at 55 might not be easy

If I could have stuck to my budget I could just about have done without extra funds and I did build a 10% margin for error but it has been impossible. The one upside is that rare-ish Lancia values are going up. Also I have more than just money invested in it.

Trying to keep to my early budget has been a good discipline too - it has forced me to research all the angles

I agree with you Soberpotamus - it feels better to have some savings even if on a purely economic basis paying debts off first is the most cost effective

Enjoy your vacation time Ruby - make sure you take it all this year
Old 06-23-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ha Learningagain - opposite for me, as many of my food based posts will attest
Old 06-23-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

saou, you missed the other possibility. Stop, sell it now for what you've put into it and enjoy the respite.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I know it's "ok" Brynn

Just stating my sadness and ... mixed feelings, perhaps? Not sure what emotion is coming up about this. Anger, maybe? Frustration. That's it. Frustration that it's sticky in a marriage sometimes. When two don't see eye to eye, it's just a hassle. A hassle I don't want.

Yeah, I know women do this. I wasn't rallying for feminism or anything, lol.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I love yellow squash and zucchini. I literally eat both every day in the summer.
We eat both almost daily.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I'm back to day one but I will just try to get back onto the horse again. Have a great day all.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hippo....I know you weren't rallying.....your post just made me think of my mom and grandmother, that's all. sorry you're feeling conflicted and I hear you about the hassle. Not fun.

Hi humbug! Glad you're here!
Old 06-23-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
I'm back to day one but I will just try to get back onto the horse again. Have a great day all.
Good to see you humbug!

stick with us... We have a lot of horse power!!!!!

Ken
Old 06-23-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi Humbug

SP I will have to post my recipes for squash in the recipe thread. I have one for Tex-Mex summer squash casserole that's insanely good. I have been fortunate to work with a diverse ethnic group and man some of them can cook!
Old 06-23-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Well my sober friend was stuck at work, so no hike. In my wisdom I decided instead to dig my bike out and go for a little ride...oh my gosh...that used muscles that I have not used in years, I thought I might die! Managed half an hour, about 5 miles. Did have a brief "I should reward myself for this with beer if I make it home alive" thought, but it was long gone upon arrival home and water is my savior right now! I am going to feel this in the morning - even my arms hurt and they were not doing anything!
Old 06-23-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Last night I had a "I should reward myself" kind of feeling. So I drove to turkey hill for ice cream - 2 1/2 gal for 5 bucks! One coffee and one black cherry!

Made something for dinner. On a whim I picked up water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. started with carrots, diced up chicken, a little of this and that, dumped in the water chestnuts, bamboo, and mushrooms, added some dumplings and chinese 5 spice to the mix. It's actually pretty good. Not sure what to call it except it's time to eat.

Della, I have 2 yellow and 2 black beauty squash plants. They are thriving!
I'm thinking about putting in some bush beans. Freeze them for the long winter. I forgot how much planting space I actually have here.
Big thunderstorm rolled in around 6PM. Cooled things down but it is getting back toward 80 again.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

OMG! Black cherry ice cream sounds divine! I am enjoying some cheese sandwiches, I am a complete cheese addict so this is satisfying on so many layers!
Old 06-23-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Lol I eat cheese sandwiches all the time!

Brain send some my way! Definitely do the beans.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I went to the zoo today. It was nice, not too crowded - saw most of my favorite animals.

The drive home was crazy. So. Much. Traffic.

I need to eat something. Oh, look, there's a kitchen just six feet away.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

So....I was at the library today and they had Doctor Who, The Complete Third Series. My question is: since I've never seen doctor who, will I be able to watch this and know what's going on? ? With out seeing prior ones?
Old 06-23-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Kids, try a pineapple and cheese sandwich.

Bimini, that was a sweet slice of your life.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I'm eating pizza. No health nut here at the moment. Learningagain I gained weight when I got sober. I drank all my calories, forsaking actual food for the most. I was rail thin but now am struggling to fit into my too tiny clothes at times. Not complaining. I'm still thinnish. Good job on the bike ride. I was demonstrating bike riding to my 7 year old the other day.

Sao, I am working on taking ALL of my vacation time this year. I've requesting four additional days in July, making three extended weekends. We get July 3rd off because the 4th is on a Saturday.

Zucchini sautéed with a little butter and celery salt.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

HAF....STOP!

You have to start at the beginning. Then there's only 52 years of episodes to catch up on.

It's unbelievably addictive. Perfect for us. Addictive, Harmless, and sometimes educational.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

HaF, I think you could watch it and enjoy it. Maybe wiki Dr. Who to understand the general premise and his greatest enemies since they run as a theme and are woven throughout. I enjoy Dr. Who but I've also been watching it since the old old ones were on.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I remember being TERRIFIED of Daleks as a child!