Notices

Class of June 2015

Old 06-09-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Welcome to the June class Avra. Wow, this class is really shaping up. Congrats everyone!

Had a two hour nap this afternoon, so now it's 10pm, and sure enough I'm wide awake. I guess this is that insomnia part I've heard so much about?

It's nice being sober though, even the small things. I enjoy being able to go to the neighbourhood shops without that shame and guilt, followed by me slinking away back home with a bottle of whiskey. Now it's just cigs and water. Being able to eat without having to sleep immediately afterwards is nice as well. Plus I don't throw out tons of food any more, because I took it out to defrost, then never got around to cooking it over the next couple days.

Mom called tonight (morning her time). I mentioned I've been sober since the 1st, and she immediately changed the subject. I think that's just because she doesn't want to face her own alcoholism, as we've always been good drinking buddies.

We only talked maybe about 30 mins, and I swear, 15 mins of it was centered around alcohol. "yep, going golfing today, then after we usually hang out for some finger food and drinks", "dinner group is at my house this month on Sunday, so I'm going to make us mojitos before we start drinking wine", "in a couple days there's the car show in town, so we're going to a friend's place for a BBQ, and going to sit out front and watch the old cars drive past and have a few drinks", "on Thursday we have the wine evening at Linda's house this month, those are always fun", and on, and on, and on...

I understand I pick up on this type of talk a lot more because I'm sober, but geez. There was a time when I thought being on the other side of the world by myself was a negative. Now I'm starting to think it's a positive, as being back in Canada around my family would probably make sobriety near impossible, as my brothers, sister-in-laws or nephews aren't any better.

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday!
Old 06-09-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Ok, count me in on this. I didn't start on the 1st of the month, but I'm on my way...
Old 06-09-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi, Day 2 for me. Feeling okay but as terribly hung over as I've been lately it's funny how the day's you feel great you think about how a drink would make you feel better....Never does...
Old 06-09-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Lots of Day 1's and 2'ers - let's do this? Any others circling the group?
Come on and chime in! 6/9/2015 is a great day to be the first and best
day of the rest of your life!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Well it looks like any chance my av had tonight has been thwarted. My boyfriend invited me to a business dinner with him. He doesn't drink and won't tolerate me drinking so this will be an easy one!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Yeah forabetterlife!
Old 06-09-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sobriety looks good on you, Junebugs! So happy to see this class picking up speed and coming together into a great supportive group.

On day 33 myself and recovery comes a little more naturally to me every single day. Keep on keeping on!
Old 06-09-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Another day in the bag yay still tired but it is getting better slowly just need patience but being tired it is in limited supply.

One week in now it's time for a plan this is where it gets tricky for me really don't know where to start. For now SR, reading Alan Carr and reminding myself last time I just wanted one ended in a 2 day hangover hopefully I have finally learnt that I can not moderate.

Hope all Junebugs are having a great Tuesday.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Thanks Casey, we are all pulling together ! 33 days is fantastic. Your posts are very helpful and inspiring, thank you 😊
Old 06-09-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Kelle, j just reread your post and that is so me! Once I start feeling good again, I start thinking... Imagine feeling this good AND having a few drinks, wouldn't that just be the perfect combination??!! But.... It never, ever works out like that, it never ends right there, and that's why it is totally impossible. When will I wrap my thick head around that?!

Great job on a week tiredofme. A plan is a good idea, when you know how things usually go at this point. My trouble spots are 3/4 days (where I am now), one week, and then again at 15-17 days. If I can make it til then , it seems to get easier. It's crazy that I know all of that so well. Been at this way too long.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

ROUGH day

Went to work, Almost everything and everybody was pissing me right off.
I left early - Im home
posting.
Didnt stop at the store.
didnt buy beer.
Not making any changes, decisions, sending any emails for work etc because Im ready to explode!
Im just gonna hang here this eve.
Hungry - YES
Angry Hell YES
Lonely - NO (I got you guys)
Tired- NO
:
Old 06-09-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Lots of great posts recently I can relate to many of them from getting rid of empties to mood swings, irritability, repeating the same cycle it's good to be in a place where people totally understand.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
Another day in the bag yay still tired but it is getting better slowly just need patience but being tired it is in limited supply.

One week in now it's time for a plan this is where it gets tricky for me really don't know where to start. For now SR, reading Alan Carr and reminding myself last time I just wanted one ended in a 2 day hangover hopefully I have finally learnt that I can not moderate.

Hope all Junebugs are having a great Tuesday.
Tiredofme, I am the very same way. Start out to have one glass of white wine and end up nearly or completely finishing the whole bottle. I'm back on day 2 again, and hoping to get it right this time.
Stay strong all you Junebugs and lets make this a great sober month. I am giving it my all...
Old 06-09-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by livingnow View Post
Hungry - YES
Angry Hell YES
Lonely - NO (I got you guys)
Tired- NO
Hungry -- eat something. Then eat something sweet on top of that. Ice cream hasn't failed me yet in 33 days.
Angry -- you're on the right track already dealing with this by saying you're not going to send out angry emails, etc. Maybe take a long bath or shower or do something else that normally relaxes you a bit?

Sorry you had a rough day. Glad you have made the decision to not drink over it.

My sobriety date is May 8, 2015. On May 16, I quit my job impulsively out of anger over things I could not control in the workplace. While I found a new, better job on May 18, I was absolutely in the wrong to quit like I did. I should have come on here like you just did and vented about what was angering me and then went out and found another job before I put in my notice to quit. That's what a responsible adult would have done. I'm going to have to go and apologize to my old boss at some point for that one.

In other words, you did the right thing today by coming in here and recognizing your triggers. You're on the right path! Hang in there!
Old 06-09-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

End of day 2, just watching the Isle of Man TT with a cup of tea before bed.

Take care all!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hello everyone ........ So many inspiring posts .... and
its so good so many getting through each difficult day.
Is 6,20am wed morning here. Im not hungover but did drink
last night and I can really feel my depression and anxiety
levels really taking over. So today ismy day 1 ..... I have to
really have to push the time after work and early
evening no mater what. The AV is already starting at me
as I write this . So am askibg for so much strenght to just
get through this day 1...... this is the hardest day for me
...... so will make sure I post at that lethal time of day .
Wishing you a good night/day wherever you are xx
Old 06-09-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Checking in for the start of day 10
Old 06-09-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

I made a good start on May 30 but slipped up last night.
I'm going to do this the smart way this time, so I'm joining in here.
I think I'll read this thread through from its beginning and learn.
Bless you guys
Old 06-09-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Fantastic SansaS
Old 06-09-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

You can do it Caramel !!