Notices

Calitano's tracker...

Old 06-01-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Quick check in... It helps me recommit to staying sober and on track.

Weather is suddenly hot and humid, bleugh... not used to it yet!
Old 06-02-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Another work dinner - last of the "obligatory" dos for a while...
At least I'm getting lots of practice!!! I was the only one not drinking again, few comments made about my being disciplined (as I was also eating fairly healthy) but nothing more. People care way less than you'd ever imagine... And I realised that even when they comment it usually doesn't mean anything, it's just people passing remark like they do about 50 other things they see and notice.

So, I done good.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear Calitano - congrats!

D
Old 06-02-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well done, Calitano!!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Calitino
Old 06-03-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Another flight, getting better at doing these without drinking. I guess a lot of it is just getting used to new norms at this stage. And really not caring what people think (as opposed to pretending not to care what people think).

Few days downtime to focus on the remodel coming up, then traveling again next week. Looking forward to this overly hectic time being over: end of June should see things calmer.

Drinking me seems a long way off. I know I need to keep focus now though… too many things going on; it'd be easy to slip and slide.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Today I'm really just feeling so so lucky and grateful to have stopped drinking.
(In no small part due to everyone here on this site; all of the amazing stories of struggle, success, advice, kind words, hope and persistence)
Old 06-04-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post Calitino
Old 06-04-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

And really not caring what people think (as opposed to pretending not to care what people think).
That's a great distinction This happened for me too, over time. I think it took a while for me to realize, hey, why do I care what people think so much? Do I really care? Then at some point I realized, I don't care all that much anymore! I mean, to some degree, we care how we're perceived, but beyond that, it's just not necessary to spend too much energy on wondering

Great job, Calitano Sounds like you are doing really well.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

All ok here. Was going to do battle with my grumpy mood but really couldn't be bothered, so I'll let it float off in its own time
In general though things are going well. Long long way to go and so much I need to work on still, but happy to be where I am right now.

Netflix night here I think. Sometimes brainless and unchallenging is just the ticket.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Been on vacation this last week so haven't really been able to check on one of my favorite threads. Glad to see you going strong Calitano!
Old 06-06-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

On track. Hope y'all are too

Busy day running errands all over town, filing paperwork and catching up with a few friends. Getting stuff ticked off the to do list always gives me the illusion of order and control in life; it's funny how satisfying those little checkmarks can be...

I'm still sad about my friend who died. I've started thinking I see her in Starbucks, in traffic, on the street. This has happened me before when grieving, it's such an erie phenomenon.

Apart from, I'm doing good. And mostly doing what I need to do as I need to do it.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

On the road again - will be on this work trip for 10 days.
Positives are an amazing hotel and location. Sunshine and sea and great food.
Negatives are that colleagues will take this as license to party (which is of course their prerogative) and I'll need to work all my strategies to avoid them.

Once this stint of travel is over I plan to focus on my fitness again. Kind of planning a ramp up training camp in my head already, really looking forward to it.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Do your best

You have us in your corner calitino
Old 06-07-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

happy trails Calitano

D
Old 06-08-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Quick check in... All going well. Looking forward to an early night and lots of sleep!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

So all going great on the sobriety front. I'm definitely the lone (sober) wolf on this trip, but pretty much ok with that!
Will see how things pan out in the weeks and months after I'm home, but if these types of travels look like becoming a feature I will probably have to review where I'm taking my business. It's starting to feel like I'm going in one direction and work/business is leading me in another completely.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

On a completely unrelated note I've been all over old Bob Dylan lately. And a touch of Johnny Cash and Waylon. This is way way off my usual music character… which for me usually indicates or foreshadows something new cooking inside. Maybe a new idea Or a hankering for 'simpler' times as ole Waylon might have put it
Old 06-10-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Last of the big serious obligation work related dinners… I was with my client's boss for the evening, expecting the worst kind of corporate card champagne flashery, but it turned out that he's a non-drinker too. So no comments or pressure or fake shock and everyone else was kept well in line as the two water-drinkers held court. It was a very nice surprise and quite unusual.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Calitano