Old 04-24-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
instant

The great thing about SR fro me is not having to tell my story- or be anything

SR has been really helpful in me stopping drinking and staying sober
Old 04-24-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
learning to live

Hey cal..you know what I was thinking about after rereading your thread. My first post on SR contained something to the lines of; "I have never fit in anywhere before but I think I am in the right place cause I feel like I do here"...I was so right and I am so glad I stuck around.

I have made so many friends and gained SO MUCH wisdom from this place! Plus, I get to help other alcoholics along the way. They help me too!

Just last night someone posted they were at their wits end and about to drink....lots of replies with her too and guess what she didn't pick up. Now that is some good stuff right there

You don't have to tell your story. That is your decision. But I hope you stay for the friendships you could gain with people that will never judge you.

Look 40 replies for you as well...lots of people care
Old 04-24-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, you came to the right place!
Old 04-27-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

We each have a different set of circumstances in life and I'm sure many people here can relate to some of the points in your OP.

Welcome. I hope you get the support you deserve.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calypso17 View Post
Hi. I...I....I don't know where to begin. I've read some posts and responses on here so I am reluctant to share.
So I will start with the basics.
Hi. I am a 27 year old female and a practicing alcoholic.
I would tell my story but for majority of people I will come under scrutiny and criticism, judgement and hate.
My story is not for the faint of heart. It's not for the weak or the small minded.
I wanted to let you all know I am sick and came here to find healing.
I went to counseling, AA, etc. lost all my friends, my boyfriend, my jobs, my money....I have kept quiet for a few months but its taking a toll on me.
I gave up searching for help because I'm a burden. Nobody wants to be around a failure I've learned the hard way.
I wish someone; one person could at least help.
Hi Calypso,

I'm not in a place to tell my own story. And I'm only on my 14th day of sobriety. All I can say is that I've been in some dark lonely places, and honestly, my only friend is my young daughter. But if I can say two things: (1) focusing on the negatives will not help you get better (I know from experience). And (2) you are most definitely not a failure. You are demonstrating strength, honesty, and courage, all very noble and commendable traits. I wish you good luck, and have confidence in you!