View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Formylittlegirl

Originally Posted by calypso17 View Post
Hi. I...I....I don't know where to begin. I've read some posts and responses on here so I am reluctant to share.
So I will start with the basics.
Hi. I am a 27 year old female and a practicing alcoholic.
I would tell my story but for majority of people I will come under scrutiny and criticism, judgement and hate.
My story is not for the faint of heart. It's not for the weak or the small minded.
I wanted to let you all know I am sick and came here to find healing.
I went to counseling, AA, etc. lost all my friends, my boyfriend, my jobs, my money....I have kept quiet for a few months but its taking a toll on me.
I gave up searching for help because I'm a burden. Nobody wants to be around a failure I've learned the hard way.
I wish someone; one person could at least help.
Hi Calypso,

I'm not in a place to tell my own story. And I'm only on my 14th day of sobriety. All I can say is that I've been in some dark lonely places, and honestly, my only friend is my young daughter. But if I can say two things: (1) focusing on the negatives will not help you get better (I know from experience). And (2) you are most definitely not a failure. You are demonstrating strength, honesty, and courage, all very noble and commendable traits. I wish you good luck, and have confidence in you!