Notices

thatdumbguy

Old 02-24-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You know dee, i dint htae you but, dnt delte this I am ging to have an open forum ade say what I wint.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Log off, Jeremey.

Drink plenty of water and go to bed.

I implore you, in the morning make the call directed by the judge and go to inpatient.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Call AA, get help, go to a meeting.

Make a life that you can feel good about.

All you have to do is start right now.

When you are broken, God will hear your plea.

Help yourself, please.....
Old 02-24-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

this thread is a great example of why you're in the spot you're in Jeremy.

You could be sorting out your life...but all you want to do is make me do what you want and delete this thread.

D
Old 02-24-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Hey Jeremy, The alcohol is talking, you don't mean what you say.

The best for you to do is go eat and drink lots of water and go to bed.

I have to agree with others, go to AA meetings and get some help.. You will appreciate what we are all doing.

Take care of you please!!
Old 02-24-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jeremy, breath and regroup, no harm in re evaluating everything tomorrow!!

SR is in your corner!!
Old 02-24-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It's time to say you hit bottom Jeremy. Make the call and go to inpatient. We're all in your corner. Just do it.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

i am mentally ill

i lost my daughter due to my drinking.

i lost my job, my husband and my home.

today i am 10 months sober. this isn't magic. sometimes you have to bite down and get the job done.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Jeremy, start again in the morning, you can do this.
Using alcohol and gambling will only fuel your unhappiness and mental health problems.
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there...
Old 02-24-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

We make our own lives better by working at it and being honest with ourselves.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey Jeremy,

I missed part of the story. So the judge gave you the choice to go in to inpatient?
Can we switch places please? I've been busting my ass holding my job, detoxed alone a d thought I would die, raising my son alone, paying bills trying to avoid bankruptcy, feeling anxious all the time, depressed most days, -25 celsius average for the last month. Grrrr!!

I could use the timeout, nice food, someone to listen and help me, spend all my days with only my recovery to think about, group discussions, make new real life friends, not feel alone and scared.

Tell me where I have to go, my bag is ready!!
Old 02-24-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Not giving up on you J. Go inpatient.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

When you wake up Jeremy you need to call Northern Nevada Mental Health Services before you do anything else because that's what the judge said you must do. This is not something to think about, debate or put off. Whatever time you wake up phone them.

The number is 775-688-2001

From their Web pages:

Intake Procedure Walk-ins Monday-Friday 8am-3pm
Payment Notes No-one is turned away for the inability to pay.
If you hesitate and put it off then you must accept the consequences.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
so plese hang on with me, I am sad in scred so drunk....
Let's make a deal. We'll hang on with you, if you hang on with us

You know in your heart that drinking won't help anything right now. Recovery is possible.

How about we both hang on together for just one day. It's not that long. We'll throw the booze down the drain, get plenty of sleep, maybe watch a video, and eat some nice food.

What do you think - can we both stop drinking for a mere 24 hours from right now? I'm willing to do it if you'll join me.

I'm ready when you are. Can you help me to stay sober for 24 hours ? It would be nice to have a sober buddy that's helping me along.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You're not imploding. You're having a melt down. We all have your back, man!! Please, please just go to inpatient NOW.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Jeremy when you are semi sober please go back and read some of your older posts from a few weeks ago. You were joining in and encouraging others. Only you can turn this around. Dee can't fix it and none of us can. Call the rehab and get off the merry go round.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Jeremy, we are all former drunks here what you are posting and the drunken despair you are feeling is not alien to us and I bet that every single one of us on this thread has experienced it.
Dump the booze, drink a glass of water >you re going to have the hangover from hell< and go to bed. Tomorrow call the number Marcher gave you.
Going to inpatient will be a BLESSING for you and it sure beats jail time so stop quacking and get some rest.
If you think that judge was mean to you, think about how hard s/he will throw the book at you if you don't take advantage of that one last chance you were given. Because this was a last chance dude, they could have just sentenced you to jail on the spot.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm sorry this will sound blunt, but I really need to say it. Jeremy, I think in these states, when you are drinking, not taking your meds, and telling us not to read and not to care, you are abusing your SR participation just like you are abusing alcohol. You post all these threads for attention, for instant gratification because you know you'll get a lot of responses. Then you go into a turmoil and say it's the end, you don't care, we should not care either, you want to be "deleted"... very typical alcohol-fueled reaction, on and off, on and off.

Listen, diffuse attention on an internet message board is not going to cure you and it seems like it's not helping you or making a difference at all at this point. Yes you may get some sort of instant twisted pain-mixed "pleasure" out of it, just like we drunks all get it from alcohol when we are deep into our addictions. But Jeremy, this is not the attention you need. It may be what you crave at this point because you have conditioned yourself to it over time and now you can anticipate that you will get the same attention (responses to your posts) over and over again. Because this is how SR works. People go out of their way and want to help, but you don't listen to help. You take it as yet another dose of... drug. And more.

I'm not saying this from anger or frustration at all and I would love to respond on your threads much more if I saw it did anything good to you... but what I see instead, sadly, is that these responses probably feed you in the wrong way. All good willing people with seemingly endless capacity and motivation to support you... but I think it feeds your addiction and you are seeking this as a drug. Believe me I know what I am saying: I used to do similar things, not the same way but similar. And I still do at times when I get out of control temporarily, so I know how hard it is.

You need serious medical attention and supervision, my friend. Of course you don't act and go for real help, because that would break your addictions and the identity you've created for yourself. But it is the only way out. Think about it when you have a clear moment. I'm with everyone else in that it's so great to see you regain your right attitude for short periods of time... and like all of us, I would love to see it cemented somehow and last. But it won't without very seriously changing your ways and without serious, real life help.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I continue to wish you the courage to allow yourself to heal Jeremy.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you come back and read this and understand why I didn't delete the thread Jeremy.

There is gold in the posts here - literal gold...if you're open to falling to your knees and picking up what's being laid down.

D