Notices

Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11

Old 01-11-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Here
Sober
At the moment just vegging with coffee and SR later to daughter's for her boyfriends birthday.
Have a great day!!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Lots of good stuff on the thread today!!!

Heading to see The Imitation Game in a few.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Here!
Sober!

I took the dog for a walk/run this morning. I got a new pair of running shoes for a gift this christmas, so I have been trying to get back into running. It is slow going, walk for a bit, run for a bit, walk for a bit, upping the running a little bit each day.
This morning as I was in the running bit I was getting a little tired and about to walk, but I told myself to just run a few more seconds. And then again, just run a few more seconds. Today I ran just a little bit farther than I did yesterday.
It reminded me of when I first stopped drinking.
It was so, so, so hard. I wanted to drink so badly. But, when it got really bad I would tell myself, 'be strong, don't drink for the next hour'. And I would not drink for the next hour. And then, when that hour was up I would do it over again. Eventually the day was done and the next day was fresh and I was sober.
One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time.
You can do it. And sometimes, when it is really, really hard, you can surprise yourself how well you can do it.

Happy Sunday Sober Enders!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I love Sunday mornings. I make myself put on good music and REALLY listen to it. Old habit.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=MesaMan;5130960]Behan ~

'Fook yaz! Yah hair may! Fook yaz Drinkin', and everything Fookin' teng wid it. I'm Fookin' sick of feelin' shite, and amma not gonna Fookin' drink tahday'

Thank you MeasMan for your insights and sharing your experiences. This is all new to me and great to get feedback from those further on. My plan will be to stay out of pub/bar thing for now, but do other stuff instead, solitary and social. I'm intrgued by AVRT model and will read more. Fits with my philosophical view of evolved mind/brain.

Thank you all, finding this forum inspiring!

B
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Sunday morning and feeling great. Cleaned garage yesterday, ran errands, clean out closet and donated a bunch of clothes. Midday I had done so much I wondered when I would crack a beer (always the norm on weekend) - came to and had a Pellegrino. Way to go all!!!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

good stuff you guys - MM - a couple years ago I almost pulled the trigger on an F250 super duty diesel, a fifth wheel was next, put it off for a couple years cause A: it was an untested new engine, B: I had a few more years to work before retirement. Got a wrangler instead - have tent will travel. That is a nice rig in the photo. I've been looking at RVs for the past few years... small place down south, bus and drag jeep behind it, win lottery - not in that order.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Fantastic Film

LBrain ~

Saw a new Ford Super Duty Diesel yesterday at this RV Show. ONLY ~$70k! Yowzah! I like my lil ole Ford Gasser better.

Weas ~

Just saw 'The Imitation Game' the day before last. Fan_fn_tastic! LOVED IT! My kinda U.K. Scenery, and lotsa old Techno Measurement Gear in it.

I didn't mention it here because of plenty of late night Scenes in the local Pub with Bottles and Pints gleaming. I couldn't care less these days, but different Folks are at different Recovery points on the curve, obviously.

At the end of the day, it's a very Human Story that saved the World as we now know it.

I've been to NPL in the U.K. where Turing did work, and it was satisfying to exchange info on Traceable Standards with Mighty Minds there.

Wiki on the brilliant, History-altering Alan Turing...

Wiki ~ Alan Turing ~ The Enigma Machine

The Movie ~ 'The Imitation Game'

The Book That Inspired The Film ~ 'Alan Turing: The Enigma'

-----
Old 01-11-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hope all are well, just checking in.

Made Chili last night for my GF and watched football.

Watching the Man U match, then American football all day

Stay sober all
Old 01-11-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!!

Not up to much today, premier league soccer and NFL will be my Sunday evening, last night went to see my local ice hockey team get hammered, so that wasn't all that enjoyable, but you gotta take the bad with the good when supporting a team.

Back to work tomorrow, but in the meantime a nice pot of white tea is beside me, soccer is on TV and coming up with some ideas about what to cook later on, pretty relaxed!!

Hope everyone has a great one!!
Old 01-11-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Well I had some catching up to do! My internet seems to be cooperating today. Last night it had a message that it had to change the internet service protocol address. Whatever that means (and I know some of you do know) but it seems to be working.

That said. I'm here. I'm sober. I went to an 8 a.m. AA meeting with mr. Ruby, then went to a tire shop and dropped off the ailing car to get said tire. I'm planning to take my children to an indoor bounce house place for them to bounce out their energy. I wish adults could bounce but we can't. My brother is intending to meet me there or come by here or something - he hasn't been forthcoming with his intentions, and my nephew will be bouncing as well. My nephew and son are the same age and thankfully get along very well because he is one of the very few friends my son has.

My nephew and son have more a handle on plans than I do because they have been texting back and forth on iPods. So my brother tells my nephew who then tells my son. I got lost in the shuffle on this one. Anyway, I'm continuing my cleaning project from yesterday. I got the Christmas stuff down and stowed except the wreath. Forgot that one. Lots of laundry. Pot of chicken soup. Roasted a pork tenderloin. Used a shop vac to tackle the disgusting mess in the couch. And so on and so on.

Way to go sobermtbr on cracking a pellegrino and not a beer. Last night I had that faint feeling of "I want a glass of wine as a reward for all this hard work" but shook it off. My labor was it's own reward and I had ice cream instead and feel a lot better.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Behold, the power of ice cream!

Just recently found that Vanessa Mae concert. Sent it to my Roku box for the better sound of my TV. What a concert. She's talented and her band is amazingly good.

A side note: it ain't fair. To be able to play like that, look like that, and have that british accent. Just ain't fair.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

New Ride!

Looky Here ~

I found this Pic of bigsombrero's new Ride! Understated!

'La Bamba' ~ Ritchie Valens

-----
Old 01-11-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Watching me some football and guess what????
I'm actually enjoying the game without getting plastered!!!!
I forgot how much I really enjoy watching football and it not just be another reason to drink.

I never really enjoyed anything I did even though I thought I did. I just wanted to get drunk. Was controlled by it had to have it I thought...well **** on that!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Got me some Meat Loaf on the go here, "Keep on believing"!!

Old 01-11-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Ruby, you are amazing. I, on the other hand, am having the laziest day of my life. I did get up and go for a 6 mile walk with friends and one dog...and then came home and went back to bed. Just lying around and watching TV and I have no intention of doing anything else. I may do some stuff later. But for now, I'm happy to be lazy.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

The weekend is drawing to an end and I didn't drink a drop. I had a minor urge now and then, but ignored them. Yuck, here comes Monday.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

That's all.
ZOSO
I wish I had tissues instead of paper towels.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good job JD and everyone!!

MM... I was so moved. watch the docudrama "Code breaker" and to see the way they drew out the real life story of this man... Wow.

They replaced the cop with the therapist... the women with the therapist daughter. They told the story so well. I got angry in the beginning. But they told it so well. They hid the parts that people judge until the end. When his real meaning could be held to unbiased. I cried.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

We choked up, too. Monument Man in monumental effort.