Notices

Stay sober here Weekender Thread! Dec 5-7

Old 12-07-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

You guys are doing terrific!

Good morning everyone! Just checking in.

Jennifer
Old 12-07-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Just finished a new recipe for breakfast ! Clean plates so must have been good!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I'm back. It was really a positive meeting. Of course then I have to come back home to chaos but it was a brief respite. Son eating gold fish crackers and ice cream for breakfast.

Jerri, you reminded me that I need to eat breakfast. That's a bad habit I need to shake from drinking days. Not eating breakfast.

CG, good to see you. Hope your weekend is going well.

On my way out of the meeting a few of us got onto the random topic of grocery stores and running into people we knew. I commented about where I shop and another woman said her sister works there and mentioned her name. I know who she is. The sister came to her first AA meeting last week with the woman I was talking to. It was a good reminder that we are everywhere and you never know who is suffering.

Onto phase two. Getting people ready for church.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Got up and had to walk the soreness out of my legs. Getting old but, it beats the alternative. Being a little later with the classical let's get something...otherworldly.

Open this in a new window and let it play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=83J68Y7Z1nk

Old 12-07-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning! Woke up sober for the first time in a year and a half!
So glad I have you guys!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

That's great, Brynn!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I think my body is still in the process of repairing itself even though I am approaching close to 3 weeks sober this coming week. Some days I have no issues with only needing 7 hours. Other times, it seems I need 9-10 hours. Last night I had close to 9 hours of sleep. I am looking forward to not needing that much sleep so I can start doing other activities in the morning.

Ruby-The peace of mind tea was nice. It reminded me of lemon zinger. However, I think I like my lavender loose leaf tea better. I haven't had that tea in awhile, so maybe I'll have that tonight.

Jerri-That was inspiring about Groot growing back and I loved how you related it. I am groot too!

Non-I also saw OK destroy Wisc. I was looking for the U of A game versus Oregon last night, but I suppose it's a good thing I didn't see it since U of A got slaughtered.

Kero-that is great that your wife is starting to trust you again. Have you tried sudafed or something similar to relieve the nasal congestion? If you use a cold remedy, make sure it doesn't have acetaminophen in it.

Lbrain-awesome job on staying strong at the party.

Brynn-congrats on staying sober. It's so nice not to have a hangover. One day when I first got sober, I woke up expecting a hangover and it wasn't there to where it was like my body was confused by not having the alcohol. Great job and keep it up!!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Jt

A lil Mellow Music to ease into Sunday...

A Song about JT kicking Heroin way back when. His first Band was 'Flying Machine'. Hence, the Lyric about being strung out back then '... Flying Machines in pieces on the ground...'.

One of the absolutely-best Acoustic Guitar sounds live I've ever heard; even ~40 years ago.

Soak in the Sober...

'Fire & Rain' ~ James Taylor ~ Live

-----
Old 12-07-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Kero-that is great that your wife is starting to trust you again. Have you tried sudafed or something similar to relieve the nasal congestion? If you use a cold remedy, make sure it doesn't have acetaminophen in it.
Yeah, she's been awesome. It seems like a small thing but it was a big step for both of us. I know I still need to work at it every day and be careful, but I this just finally feels right to me.

Been taking mucinex for my sinuses. I actually get where the sinus pressure is way in the back of my head. It makes me tired and dizzy. Hot sauce helped a lot!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Just joining you all now. Lots of influenza in my part of the States. Laying low and sleeping up a storm.

Well done with sober-ness.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

"[Today], December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan." FDR, Dec. 8, 1941.

I have in my possession, the actual newspaper from that day - an 'extra' printed on 12/7/41 - My mom saved it for some reason.

Lots of good stuff and lots of encouraging posts.

Kero, trust is a valuable commodity. It can take years to accumulate and seconds to lose. Don't lose it.
Congrats to all that are stringing together multiple weekends - and fist weekends. Great!

Well, here's a war song for you:

Hey, they had Christmas trees up at lowes the day after halloween - I can post a Christmas tune - Less than 3 weeks.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

alrighty then, since I don't get 'out' much I caught the sniffles from being in a crowd of new people. Gotta fight it off - no flu shot this year. Hope you feel better LTV

Time to make breakfast - omlettes with chili/cheese filling.

Still planning to put up tree today. I said 'planning'.

I was looking at mandolin tunes last night, losing my religion was too graphic for me. But this reminded me of...

Old 12-07-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

LB... It's noon-thirty!!! Breakfast????

I had the bisque already and ready for leftover brisket and boiled veggies from last night! I skipped the gym this morning but feel a need to maybe go later.

My cat Henry won't stop nudging my arm until he gets his petting quota in for the day!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Man D'Oh_lin

Here's one I've always liked. Soulful and understated playing on a ubiquitous - and pricey - Gibson Mandolin.

When we saw Steve open for Tom Petty a few months ago, he still 'had it'.

Gonna take the Pooch over to the endless BLM Land out our Kitchen Window that Taxpayers thoughtfully provide us. See the Kitchen Window Pic above.

'Back In The High Life Again' ~ Steve Winwood ~ Live

-----
Old 12-07-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I am not motivated to work on the second project today and think I need some mental time off, so I will work on it tomorrow.
Lbrain-The losing my religion song is quite deep by REM. It made me think of this song by REM, which is much perkier and would sound awesome on a mandolin.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

It took me a while to catch up with you all.

One of the best things I read here is Tetra learning to laugh at the ridiculousness that is the Mother/daughter relationship. Good stuff, Tetra.

It's a nice-ish day here. Warm enough to go to my favorite nearby hiking spot. Blue skies.

Hope the car starts. It's been sitting since the day after I put a new battery in it.

Breakfast for me is two eggs with cheese and kielbasa, and a side of home cut potatoes tossed in olive oil and spices then baked. I have that almost every morning along with my three cups of mocha. This morning I had a fresh grapefruit, too.

It's citrus season!! Yay. I grew up in Florida, and miss going out in the yard for citrus. Now I'm paying $.50 a piece.

Off I go!
Old 12-07-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
If you use a cold remedy, make sure it doesn't have acetaminophen in it.
Could someone please let me know what is acetaminophen ?
Thanks. I too suffer with my sinuses and ear infections. Xx
Old 12-07-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

A.K.A. 'Tylenol'

Acetaminophen

-----

Last edited by MesaMan; 12-07-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: A.K.A. 'Tylenol'
Old 12-07-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Could someone please let me know what is acetaminophen ?
Thanks. I too suffer with my sinuses and ear infections. Xx
Acetaminophen is used for treating fever and for relieving pain. Acetaminophen is better known as tylenol, but they put acetaminopen in a lot of cold and flu preparations.
You beat me mesaman with the link.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Feeling happy sober 4 days, past the weekend pleased