Notices

Finished Day 1 . . .

Old 12-08-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

((((((Pach))))))

You have made my day and it is just starting 3000 miles to the east. Pain brought you here and love will keep you here. Welcome to your physical year. Two off my daughters did not make it and now another bonus daughter is living sober.

Wow, what a gift the love with all of you on SR.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Sniff ... sniff... :cries3:

Originally Posted by grtgrandpa View Post
((((((Pach))))))

You have made my day and it is just starting 3000 miles to the east. Pain brought you here and love will keep you here. Welcome to your physical year. Two off my daughters did not make it and now another bonus daughter is living sober.

Wow, what a gift the love with all of you on SR.

You just made me cry............. I am so happy to have found so much unconditional love on here, there are simply no words. Heart 2 Heart!
Old 12-09-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

This whole thread has been a heartwarming read this chilly morning. You're amazing, Pach!
Old 12-09-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I am so happy that a week after being so down and unhealthy you are doing so well Pach. What a great beginning of your new life.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Pach, I am so happy to hear about all the progress you're making, I just slacked off for the past hour at work reading your story!! LOL. Your story just made my day!!! I'm so excited for you and your new life!! <3

Also-- congratulations on getting sober NOW rather than waiting! You probably just gained years and more <3 I am amazed by your strength -- for example the strength you showed by setting down the glass of wine right then and there when you read those articles, even while you were drunk. That shows a deep strength of character that will get you through the darkest of times. I admire you!!!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Pach, very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing your journey and congratulations on all you've achieved. It will only get better and better!
Old 12-09-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Pach, I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well! (((Hugs)))
Old 12-09-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Keep going!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi All! Thank you for all you write! I am continually baffled by so many people supporting others through thick and thin. I had called a couple numbers last night, leaving messages because the links I find in my area don't give the correct information for meetings. I got one voice mail this morning from a woman in Long Beach who gave me the address, time, and said it was closed to women. I went. Well, it turns out the only thing on the second floor on that address was the maternity ward LOL. So instead of going home, I went and saw a movie, so I am just now getting home. These sites give nothing really, at least I cannot ferret out correct information. I think for now I am just going to do my own thing and relax until something pops up. I want you all to know that I am fine and out of trouble and am not finding this difficult even when I was ticked off for not getting where I wanted to get, two nights in a row. Sigh. Play it again, Sam! was all. Night night!

Pach
Old 12-11-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi love...yep, that can be frustrating.
Hope the movie was good.

I am hoping that someone from Long Beach will read this and give you some better directions...as grtgrandpa said, there must be a ton of folks here from your area.

Sending you love girl!!

V xx
Old 12-11-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you contacted this office Pach?

Harbor Area Central Office

D
Old 12-11-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi love...yep, that can be frustrating.
Hope the movie was good.

I am hoping that someone from Long Beach will read this and give you some better directions...as grtgrandpa said, there must be a ton of folks here from your area.

Sending you love girl!!

V xx
Hope your day is going well! I will search more this weekend. I work long days so when I am home it's too late to speak to people on the phone. Phone tag is what I usually get. I will give it another go on Saturday.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:26 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Have you contacted this office Pach?

Harbor Area Central Office

D

Yes, Dee That is who led me on a goose chase this evening. I even called them back from the location to notify them it was bogus as could be LOL. She apologized and said she would correct the information. At that point, I wouldn't have made it to any other meeting on time and I wasn't in the mood for farm chasing so I just got in my car, let the engine run until I found a movie and theater in my area, which I am new to. All was well I will get it sorted, no worries!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

cool
I just noticed they said they answer all calls 24 hrs is all

best wishes for tomorrows hunt

D
Old 12-11-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

So proud of you Pach ~ you are not letting the little setbacks get in your way.
I have been to some 'odd' meetings myself....or directed to a church that was empty and silent. The most important thing is to keep trying, follow the leads, and stay strong. (Which I can hear you are doing ).

I always think to myself that the silliest day sober is better than every day that I was drinking. At least we are trying. And what about your new friend/ temporary sponsor? Perhaps she will have some better leads for you?

mwwaaaa,

V xx
Old 12-11-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hoping you are tucked up in bed about now.
Sleep well love... ♥♥♥♥
Old 12-11-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Pach, I was taken to my first AA meeting by a man whose father died of our disease/illness.

He was not an alcoholic, but he heard my frustration telling him about my daughter, and he knew that I was an alcoholic.

After my first meeting I knew that I was an alcoholic, and I never took another drink.

There is help Pach in Long Beach and we will find it hopefully today.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I have grace under pressure ...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I don't cave in because I get angry or frustrated. I do have to say, however, that I do feel hurt when things like this happen mostly to me it seems sometimes; always have a feeling of not being included, misled, etc. (because my mom made sure of it, smiling...Tomorrow is year 1 of her passing, TG) But I grew past those pains enough to keep going, always, knowing it was not my fault and I would find another way around or through the incident that day, or another day. So, that is where I am atm. Off to work! Must miss the traffic ... the 405 can be nasty.

e schöne tag!

Pach
Old 12-11-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Pach, AA meetings in Washington, DC metro area are listed in the where and when. Put where and when long beach in Google, and you will get a wealth of information.

I don't know your area. You need to find one person who goes to meetings in your area and you are laughing. There should be a paper copy of where and when at a meeting.

The key is to find a meeting that works for you, and that could take some searching but don't give up.

When you hear your thoughts coming from people's mouths in a meeting, you have found the right one.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good luck on your search for a meeting today! Meetings help keep us sober.