Notices

Finished Day 1 . . .

Old 12-07-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Here's another one:

Gabapentin User Reviews for Alcohol Withdrawal at Drugs.com

What do you think? I really think that between the posts, my Doc's referral for it and my mental-physical-emotional state right now, there's quite a lot to be said about it.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Pach,

There is a pretty informative page about gabapentin, aka neurontin, on wikipedia. It has been used for quite a variety of conditions. Check it out if you so desire.

Glad that you're feeling better!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

:)

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Pach,

There is a pretty informative page about gabapentin, aka neurontin, on wikipedia. It has been used for quite a variety of conditions. Check it out if you so desire.

Glad that you're feeling better!

Thank you, KenL, I will right now!

and thx for ferreting out more information. Knowledge is power
Old 12-07-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pach View Post

What do you think? I really think that between the posts, my Doc's referral for it and my mental-physical-emotional state right now, there's quite a lot to be said about it.
Well, it may be great as a temporary thing, I suppose. I don't know. That is up to what your doctor tells you to do. Giving medical advice on SR is a big no-no. I won't venture doing that.

There may be life issues that caused you to drink and they may need dusting off. Just saying...we all have life issues to make peace with in order to really heal in the long term. Can't forget about that.

That's really all I have to say about the matter. I'm sure you'll find the answers you seek as you progress into your new life.

Keep going! You're doing great!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Pach, I just got here after a good sleep and see that you have made it so far.

I was on 80 mg of valium and alcohol when I stopped. I smoked cigars for quite a while as well as ate sugar.

I replace the craving for bad stuff with stuff that is not as bad and now I crave riccola sugar free lemon mint drops. It aint over til it's over.

There should be a lot of AA meetings in Long Beach. Richard Pryor talked about it in his standup routine.

There must be somebody on SR from Long Beach who knows. How about it guys?

(((Pach)))
Old 12-07-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I am in Australia, but could this link be of any use?

Alcoholics Anonymous (A. A.) Meetings in Long Beach, California

V xx
Old 12-07-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good on you ((((((V)))))). I love you.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It may be the list Pach already has...we shall see. ♥♥
Old 12-07-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

You can do this! And there is great support for you here, and elsewhere if need be.

I think it takes an hour for .015 of alcohol to dissipate in the body, it is really slow!

You've endured so much, now is the time for physical and emotional health You are a strong woman, it shows in your writing.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Pach,

Glad you have gotten through some of the hard stuff. Keep it going. It is a daily "fix." Keep going to meetings, pray, stay away from the first drink. You are doing great and hope to hear you are still going strong. We all walk this path TOGETHER.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Well, it may be great as a temporary thing, I suppose. I don't know. That is up to what your doctor tells you to do. Giving medical advice on SR is a big no-no. I won't venture doing that.

There may be life issues that caused you to drink and they may need dusting off. Just saying...we all have life issues to make peace with in order to really heal in the long term. Can't forget about that.

That's really all I have to say about the matter. I'm sure you'll find the answers you seek as you progress into your new life.

Keep going! You're doing great!
OOOps KenL I totally forgot about the no-no. I wish I could delete it. I never meant it as a fix, however. It was a safety net for the first month while I got my act together.

Thx for keeping me on my twinkle toes
Old 12-08-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am in Australia, but could this link be of any use?

Alcoholics Anonymous (A. A.) Meetings in Long Beach, California

V xx
Do you know what Le chat noir, I googled it and came up Snickers. Nuts each way! The link I had been given was from 2013 August from the hospital and didn't have direct links. I found myself ferreting out this and that for an hour and a half only to find things for Monday, etc. Sunday equivocated itself to a Plutonian calendar and I found myself very frustrated indeed. Your link is magic! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((Venuscat)))))

Old 12-08-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm a happy cat! Glad it was useful love!!!

V xx
Old 12-08-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hope you're doing ok today, Pach.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

What a funny world ...

Tonight, I followed a scheduled AA meeting for women only, but only to come up some stairs hearing only voices of men. Upon my stance in the doorway, they all said, "Ahem...." and I replied, "Men only?" "NO! haha.... Please have a seat." Right, next, to, a, woman in pink; the ONLY woman. So, I did. Not knowing what to expect, everything they were talking about was NA, not AA, but I found it so useful. The hour went lightning fast, and no, I did not share, because I felt a bit misplaced, but not uncomfortable. There was just so much to take in! Their worlds are so different than mine. But it did explain a lot about my younger sister who's lied, cheated, stolen and ringed stories upon older lies and such...I think she even believes them. And she did do drugs, and i believe she probably still does. She's had 3 DUI's now, this past one last month in November she crashed while driving drunk on a suspended license. She may go to jail. She's lost her teaching credential over the first one in 2012, lost her marriage, house, and is not allowed to even call her girls. She just never learns. Ever. And I don't feel sorry for her one iota. Hearing these people tonight explain why they did this and that much like her, I just have to admit I don't understand. I AM saying that I do, but that is the addiction. Yes, I am now an alcoholic, however, I always have been and always be a selfless person, giving, truthful, loyal and a provider and I trust myself to no end. If I say I am going to do something, I will.

In short (was that short?) I am glad I went. It was a real eye-opener to stay and listen to all of them.

BONUS*** At the end, the gal in the pink sweater approached me, and said, "You never did drugs other than alcohol, did you." Flat out, just like that. "No. But I don't think you did, either." We both laughed. It was true. She had come to accompany her friend all the way from Whittier. She wants to sponsor me and keep daily contact with me until I find my way in my own area. Now, how lucky is that! She really liked me and vice versa, ... She has a lot to share and teach me.

Lucky Pach has a friend out here!

Old 12-08-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

That's wonderful Pach... you keep putting a smile on my face today.
Thank you love!

V xx
Old 12-08-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grtgrandpa View Post
Pach, I just got here after a good sleep and see that you have made it so far.

I was on 80 mg of valium and alcohol when I stopped. I smoked cigars for quite a while as well as ate sugar.

I replace the craving for bad stuff with stuff that is not as bad and now I crave riccola sugar free lemon mint drops. It aint over til it's over.

There should be a lot of AA meetings in Long Beach. Richard Pryor talked about it in his standup routine.

There must be somebody on SR from Long Beach who knows. How about it guys?

(((Pach)))
Ricola! LOL Did you know I lived in Switzerland for 16 years? Have you heard them yodle and use bells and alp horns? You'd love Ricola even more! I agree about the sugar...I'm eating up sugar-free hard candies left and right! Green salads with cheese and avocado are keeping my waistline where it should be, too. It's hard...but I don't crave alcohol yet. I crave the sugar-fillers for lack of it.

I love you for your support and great advice! I can tell you've walked your talk, so that is a massive bonus for all of us on here.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

If grtgrandpa was here right now, I just know he would be (and will be) overjoyed at how hopeful and filled with life you are now Pach. And about how miraculous it is the love that one drunk can have for another....I think back only what, a week ago? to your terrifying night...and just look at you now!!!

It is a beautiful thing. ♥♥♥
Old 12-08-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
If grtgrandpa was here right now, I just know he would be (and will be) overjoyed at how hopeful and filled with life you are now Pach. And about how miraculous it is the love that one drunk can have for another....I think back only what, a week ago? to your terrifying night...and just look at you now!!!

It is a beautiful thing. ♥♥♥

I was just thinking tonight driving home, that, yes, it's been one week already! I simply couldn't have conceived such a notion 2 weeks ago. No way. Well, I hadn't tried. You all made it smooth, you gave me the right guidance and here I sit as though nothing jarring has happened. After that first day, clear weather all the way. Well, the change is huge, I feel it all day, I feel present and glorious and creative and I actually have PLANS in my head that I KNOW I can implement now that I'm not inebriated at night when my planning time is.

I am so happy right now, mon chat noir! Not even I can believe it!

Old 12-08-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

and huge ♥♥♥♥♥