Notices

Stay sober here! Weekender Thread Nov 14-16

Old 11-14-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post
I'm in for the weekend! Got me seat. Ahhh. Time to sit and chill. Amen.

Wow. I am so far behind. This week was brutal and I really did fall asleep in my clothes with all the lights on, etc. Just woke up and cannot believe how much I missed.

The nasal irrigation rocks. All my sinus anatomy was removed and has been a dream come true. But still irrigate with junk build up or signs of infection coming on. Feels so good as long as I am not to heavy handed with the saline.

I helps my allergies so much. I once used a concoction to get rid of a sinus infection that really, really BURNED but it worked.

Missed you, lady. Thanks for checking up on me. xoxo
Old 11-14-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

this one's for you ardy...
have a good Friday...

Old 11-14-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Woop Readerbaby So happy to see you.

What do you guys think of those overpriced nasal packets with salt and bicarb? I actually remember really liking those a lot. They seemed to change the pH of the whole messy situation going on in there.

Apologies that I do not really know what is going on here on the Weekender thread yet, on read page 5 and have to go make some coffee after awakening from my epic snooze.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Heat Wave

For some reason, the Christmas Season in Japan popped into my Head this morning. Quite interesting. They take blivets of the Holiday and Santa as we know it, and mish-mash it up with their Traditions AND a healthy dose of Consumerism. The Santas with Waistlines ~50% the size of mine always cracked us up. WTH... Throw a trained Albino Fish [OK, Mammal] into the mix while you're at it, eh? An amusing place...

3.7 F Degrees before Sunrise here earlier. But, who's counting? At least we've got Sun on tap, and Heat Wave-like temps expected to top out today at 40 F. With a Flannel Shirt on, that's actually quite toasty, thanks to Solar. THEN, another lil Arctic Blast hits tomorrow afternoon. Current conditions:

Boulder Flatirons Webcam

Congrats to Gilmer, and Runners, and Noobs muscling through those early days. I'm at 10 months today, having done my own lil 'Throw Down' after deciding to quit out of the blue on a Friday last January. As a Female Boss used to tell me on assorted frustrations: 'Stick a Fork in my Azz. I'm done.' The Big [non] Plan is working peachy for me. Da Wife is off to Lunch and have a Drink with her Polack Pal of >50 years. In her absence, I'm driving a Neighbor Gal down to get her repaired SUV.

Her Mom in South Dakota has undergone Surgery and Treatment for Cancer of the Vulva. So, this Divorced Neighbor has been on Emotional/Schedule overload. While driving back to here, some piece of Scrap Rubber flew out of a Truck on the Interstate, and bashed in the Hood of her near-new SUV. At least she got the Truck License Plate info.

Interesting Gal. She talks in Tongues sometimes, and sometimes lapses into this interesting hybrid of French-Canadian -> Native American -> English Languages. Mom's Single Wide didn't even have Indoor Plumbing until a few years ago. Too cold for it in South Dakota. No desire/no need.

Count me in as a long-time Practitioner of Nasal Irrigation. I roll my own; delivered via fine Surgical Tubing.

So, here's a Music Link from Japan. Bryan Adams pared down the Band to a Power Trio, and rocked Tokyo. We saw him prior in Boulder just minutes after his Bass Player quit outside on the Band Bus. They went on Stage as a Trio with Bryan switching over to Bass from Rhythm Guitar. I guess trimming from a 4 Piece to a 3 Piece worked out because he kept this Config for some time.

'Somebody' ~ Bryan Adams ~ Live At Budokan

-----

-----
Old 11-14-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

My warped mind...I hear "Budokan" and I think Cheap Trick

Old 11-14-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

THAT Budokan...

Hee hee....

Yep. Exactly why I didn't post a 'Cheap Trick' Tune.

They played that exact Budokan Set List recently from 'The Wiltern Theatre' in L.A. on a Live Broadcast. They did well for fellow Geezers.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Am I a "geezer" now? Ain't it funny how time slips away?

Old 11-14-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I actually have that neilmed sinus irrigator. Mr. Ruby bought it. I forgot about it. I think I will hunt that down. Disgusting topic but obviously many of us are suffering in more ways than one. Though I have to say I'm not suffering in sobriety at the moment. Which is nice.

At work and listening to whats going on aroound me with half an ear. Not a bad day.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Let's mess up your work day...you gotta dance to this...

Old 11-14-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

trach in the saddle again

well, cutting and packing meat is a lot of work. especially the first time doing it.
but I wanted to do everything myself for the first time ever... second thoughts on that one for sure... I'm about half way there. took a break and cleaned everything up just to start again. we will have enough in the freezer till end of summer I think - carnivores for sure... xmas presents too!

well trach, aerosmith's version of back in the saddle was too much about drinking, so...

Old 11-14-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

But Aerosmith's version was so great in the movie Red, though! Perfect selection for Bruce Willis kicking ***!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Part II of a bizarre triple post!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Part III of the triple post.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Wait a hold-up minute!!

Cancer of the vulva?

Oh no. I didn't even know there was such a thing. And now I've added it to my list of things to fear.

LTV, the NeilMed sells those packets of salt/bicarb. I just make mine myself with Kosher salt or seasalt and Arm & Hammer. Cheap. The packets that came with the bottle I save to take on vacations.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I thought you were singing the chorus, G.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I'm in. X
Old 11-14-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I will walk down memory lane when I get to the office and play Journey then. I saw them in concert twice when I was in high school. I wanted a pair of Steve Perrys red swoosh Nikes. Never did get any.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I'm in. Joint kids birthday party tomorrow. Lots of Christmas knitting to do the rest of the weekend. I'm stocked up on coffee, tea and juice. Should be good to go!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

2 hours to go until I can stop writing code and editing content, and helping users with tech support....hoping they go by quick! Been soooo busy with this growing company the past month.

One thing that stinks about living in a somewhat "tourist-town" is that I see lots of tourists enjoying their vacation time, while I am working! I also have a few retirees in my complex - I am watching the couple across the lawn completely assemble their terrace with plants, chairs, water, even hooking up hoses: stuff that's taken me months to achieve. I also notice that all of the other pre-furnished homes in my complex have nicer furniture than mine. Why did I get stuck with the wicker chairs when everyone else got plush?

But there's a lesson here: that's the alcoholic in me! Looking at other people's situations and being envious. Worrying (literally) about someone else's back yard. Thinking about how life's not fair is part of what led me down this tunnel in the first place. I'm sure you guys have seen some of my pics - I've got a great view of my own and that's what I should concentrate on!

Okay, back to work. Going to have a late lunch at my desk and enjoy a relaxing movie tonight after coffee and dinner. Chat later!
Old 11-14-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

This thread should stay at the top!

Top 10 Unsportsmanlike Moments in Pro Sports - YouTube